[Official] Forza 3

Another,

20457410.jpg

I hope you can at least swivel your head with the analog stick in the car, you can do that in GT5P and look around the inside/look out the side mirrors. It's nice to see the whole interior modelled :p

Either way I think this is nicer

241nu60.jpg

They could maybe of moved you forward a bit, but they've gone a bit too much IMO. You almost can't tell what car you're driving (can't see badges/enough of dash).

Edited by Audioboxer

Yeah, that would be cool, because then you can see forwards more, and can still look in the mirrors if you want/need to.

But honestly...when you're playing a racing game, how many of you actually check your mirrors before overtaking? I don't, I just floor it and hope :p

I think its horrible. The cockpit view in GT5:P was absolutely amazing, and I was really looking forward to it in Forza 3 which is why I bought another Xbox :/ I really hope they give us an option, because that view will ruin the entire game...whats the point of having fully modeled interiors when your showing 1/10 of it.

You will check your mirrors if your playing online and run the risk of being penalized for hitting other cars :p

Seriusly, in the E3 video you can't see anything.

besides that, the cockpit view is somethign you only run to show off, for serius driving you rung inside view, cockpit off, or at most the hood visible only. Cockpit view makes no sense for a driving sim. how many people have windshields the size you get on a in car cockpit view ? that's in, noone. The tv IS the windescreen, and only if yopu sit fairly close or have a projector.

the cockpit view only makes since with one of the 3+ screens set up where you have one screen for forward vewm and one for each side, and perhaps one for back or mirror. unfortunately, that's REALLY expensive. and in that situation you wouldn't have a FOV pushed as far back as the E3 demo either. not for thr fron screen alone in any case. but in total you would have a much wider FoV of course, up to 180+rear.

i think its hilarious on the people crying that lack of Dash view will " Ruin " the game.

i dont remember Forza 2 having it, and it did very fine

when im driving down the road i see the road, i look down to see the dash, its not in my face ( i drive a 00 Focus ZX3 )

It would be nice to have the option of it though, I don't know why they have to take it out. All it would be would be another view to cycle through till you find the one you want.

If the interiors are fully modelled all you're doing is pulling the camera back a bit.

It would be nice to have the option of it though, I don't know why they have to take it out. All it would be would be another view to cycle through till you find the one you want.

If the interiors are fully modelled all you're doing is pulling the camera back a bit.

They didn't take it out. they moved the head forward, and changed the FOV to a more reasonable position.

you still have the full cockpit. and probably when natal releases, they'll add a head tracking patch to it(Turn 10 usually stays on top of thes kind of things) untill then you lool around with the right stick.

They didn't take it out. they moved the head forward, and changed the FOV to a more reasonable position.

you still have the full cockpit. and probably when natal releases, they'll add a head tracking patch to it(Turn 10 usually stays on top of thes kind of things) untill then you lool around with the right stick.

They did take out the further back view :blink:

All I was saying was it would be good if they had kept it in as an option. The FOV prior was fine for me, I play GT5P like that. You can be as anal as you want about how "realistic" it is, but I liked driving and being able to see most of the dash.

I do have a 40" TV though :p

This FOV is fine for me

jpv5sw.jpg

You know this stuff about the cockpit's being fake I am not buying until I see something from Turn 10. There is no mention of this on their forums so I doubt this is even true... Don't you think people on there would be talking about this? I am sure there is a settings to change the height and forward of the view just like in most sim racing games. I now that their GTR games had this feature so this is most likely the same thing.....

BTW here is a video from IGN playing the demo, by watching this is looks like it could also be based on the type of car as well.

Well, you'll be playing GT5 anyhow so what's the problem?

There is no problem just feedback, and I'll be playing both.

You know this stuff about the cockpit's being fake I am not buying until I see something from Turn 10. There is no mention of this on their forums so I doubt this is even true... Don't you think people on there would be talking about this? I am sure there is a settings to change the height and forward of the view just like in most sim racing games. I now that their GTR games had this feature so this is most likely the same thing.....

BTW here is a video from IGN playing the demo, by watching this is looks like it could also be based on the type of car as well.

The community dude called Che on NeoGAF apparently confirmed the change...

I am just saying that because there is no mention on it in the official forums.... I am just going to wait for more pictures and details from Turn 10 :D

I am just saying that because there is no mention on it in the official forums.... I am just going to wait for more pictures and details from Turn 10 :D

The guy is from Turn 10 - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p...;postcount=4336

and

Many interesting theories. The truth is that cockpit FOV is something that we've been tuning for all cars for the past... I dunno, a while now. The E3 Audi R8 perspective was one setting we moved away for playability reasons. Looked nice but ultimately was a waste of real estate. Moving the FOV forward had nothing to do with framerate.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p...;postcount=4357

and here's more official shots

3776720302_ca4252f2f1_o.jpg

They did take out the further back view :blink:

All I was saying was it would be good if they had kept it in as an option. The FOV prior was fine for me, I play GT5P like that. You can be as anal as you want about how "realistic" it is, but I liked driving and being able to see most of the dash.

I do have a 40" TV though :p

This FOV is fine for me

jpv5sw.jpg

That FOV is a lot closer to the new F3 one anyway. the old one had like 30% at best of the screen showing the forward view/windscreen. 40-50% was roof, ROOF!

yeah, the original post mentioning the change, allready mentioned they where tweaking head position and FOV on a per vehicle basis.

That FOV is a lot closer to the new F3 one anyway. the old one had like 30% at best of the screen showing the forward view/windscreen. 40-50% was roof, ROOF!

That's true actually (Y)

I just think Forza is now a little too close, bring it back just a tad :) (It's all camera based, I'm sure they can tweak it further before release)

That's true actually (Y)

I just think Forza is now a little too close, bring it back just a tad :) (It's all camera based, I'm sure they can tweak it further before release)

They did say they where still tweaking.

and we haven't even seen the new tweaked R8 cockpit.

on the other hand, some games have allowed you to move your in car position yourself in the past as well.

They do need some work on it.

I do agree that we don't need to see the roof, but I'd still like to see more of the steering wheels, and the controls inside the car. However that said, now that I think about it, when your driving you really don't see any of that. I am warming up to the camera angle, but I'd love to have the option to pick what I want to use.

Art work released..

forza_3_boxart.jpg

Following the announcement that the first ever female driver to race in the FIA Formula Two Championships, Natacha Gachnang, would be the European ?Face of Forza? for the launch of the highly anticipated Forza Motorsport 3, Microsoft have released the final design of the European box art.

Developed by Turn10, the same team that created the remarkable Forza Motorsport 2, Forza Motorsport 3 is set to feature over four hundred of the most popular cars on the planet and over one hundred different tracks, including the sublime Audi R8 and the infamous German N?rburgring. Launching this October exclusively on Xbox 360, Forza Motorsport 3 is pitted as a direct rival to the PLAYSTATION 3?s Gran Turismo 5. Only time will tell, but Electronic Theatre will of course keep you informed.

http://www.electronictheatre.co.uk/index.p...ox-art-released

I understand why they pulled the cockpit view forward. That old view was very very nice but we had like 30% of view.. The point is that we want to actually see the road, not the cockpit.

I understand why they pulled the cockpit view forward. That old view was very very nice but we had like 30% of view.. The point is that we want to actually see the road, not the cockpit.

That's true but at the same time the pushed forward view doesn't look right and I don't think I would be comfortable using it.