[6/9/09] Prototype

Really bland game.

Apart from chopping some people in half for lulz,it has absolutely nothing appealing.If you're a pro-wrestling fan,you may find a particular move as awesome. :D (elbow drop innocent by-standers from the highest building)

for a port it isnt to bad, for gameplay quality, it's ur standard run around and kill things, I do like the powerups they are pretty cool, I think the story line is pretty indepth to an extent. There has been far worse games for the pc, *cough*COD4*cough*

Are you nuts

Metacritic scores:

inFamous - 85 with 76 reviews

Prototype - 84 with 16 reviews

:D I really hope it over takes, it deserves it :yes:

Haha, that's funny.

Metacritic scores:

inFamous - 85 with 76 reviews

Prototype - 84 with 16 reviews

:D I really hope it over takes, it deserves it :yes:

i think in the long run it will probably get lower. that's my prediction anyway...

I like the game, but it is a bit derivative. Nothing seems groundbreaking in it.

The controls are a bit crap (Wish they had an option for Inverted Axis), and the camera is a bit too close than I'd like.

But all in all, it is a good game. But it's not that good.

What I've heard from my classmates is that most are playing it for two hours, then already ditching it cause they got bored... Not gonna try it out, don't like the genre.

What I've heard from my classmates is that most are playing it for two hours, then already ditching it cause they got bored... Not gonna try it out, don't like the genre.

your class mate should not speak for others

I've played for 4+ hours and still loving it....the only reason I'm NOT playing it more is because I play a lot of online games with my friends.

For those running on the PC, would you recommend using a 360 controller over mouse+keyboard?

A 360 pad is an absolute must for this type of game.

A 360 pad is an absolute must for this type of game.

I thought I'd ask because I read some posts earlier that mentioned trouble aiming sometimes. I didn't know if that was from the lock on system or not having a mouse.

I thought I'd ask because I read some posts earlier that mentioned trouble aiming sometimes. I didn't know if that was from the lock on system or not having a mouse.

The mouse aiming controls seem to have a mind of their own at times......usually it aims without a problem, but sometimes the camera moves slower or somethings refuses to move at all in a certain direction. This is generally because the camera is against a wall, but I am use to games generally just zooming into the character when the camera moves against a wall. It makes it hard to look away from a wall if your backed into a corner....you have to get out of the corner before you can look away from the wall, which usually means your enemies are now between you and the wall so it generally makes how you were trying to move the camera un-needed.

Other than that, aiming is fine......the lock on system is kind of awkward though......sometimes just tapping tab will lock on, other times it will select then unselect the target......it makes it difficult to select the target you want at times as it sometimes refuses to lock on them.

Aiming and weapon system is just horrible even with 360 controller.

It's not the best but I personally got more annoyed with GTA's aiming/weapon system than this game. Prototype's system closely resembles Too Human's.

It is perfectly fine on a mouse and keyboard...But it's a very "consolish" aiming system. And the game is kind of a button smasher, clearly intended for a controller lol.

Aiming and weapon system is just horrible even with 360 controller.

Aiming systems are always horrible on any controller......controllers are best for games where your not aiming (games like God of War where you control your character and he just attacks whatever direction he is facing or those, such as this game, that have target locking) or driving games where you have much more control over turning, gas, braking, etc.

Aiming systems are always horrible on any controller......controllers are best for games where your not aiming (games like God of War where you control your character and he just attacks whatever direction he is facing or those, such as this game, that have target locking) or driving games where you have much more control over turning, gas, braking, etc.

Horrible is a bit of an overstatement. Sure, aiming with a mouse is super easy, but once you get used to aiming with a controller it's also very easy.

I finally got around to playing the game earlier tonight. I definitely have to say I'm surprised. As per DL's suggestion, I'm running it through my PC to my TV for some nice 1080p action. The game runs completely maxed at 60fps when I use v-sync and it looks just gorgeous (especially the opening cgi). Even in that first big super mutant battle with all the crazy action, I haven't seen a hardcore drop, just a good stable 60fps. That said, do you guys that play on PC normally play with v-sync on or off?

Next up, camera movement! Right off the bat it felt incredibly sluggish to me. I wanted to be able to whip the camera around which was near impossible. I moved up the sensitivity to medium and that helped to a degree. Either I just need to get used to it or I will be moving it up higher. Targeting enemies on the keyboard has been awkward for me so far. Reaching over to hold the tab key while it gets a lock (especially in the super mutant battle) has been quite a mess. For sure I will be playing around with that tomorrow or at least remapping it.

The Crackdown feeling is awesome and who doesn't love collecting orbs. :D I know why some people were frustrated by the running up walls because you want to really work at getting up them because at the start, you think "hey Crackdown"! I got used to the wall running pretty quick though because the character differences are so vast. Alex is so much more powerful than your character in Crackdown and obviously it shows in your speed, attacks, etc.

The experience bar as a competitive nature to the game (for me at least). I went out of my way several times to drill that extra black ops guy which you are rewarded for. Upgradeable abilities off of that system was a great idea.

All in all, my May and early June games drought is over and I will have something to tide me over until the end of the month (Call of Juarez anyone?). At this point, I'm enjoying myself but it is a bit too earlier to call anything for sure. Hopefully, I get better with targeting as well as gliding which is hit or miss sometimes.