iPhone 3.0 Firmware Leaked

My Iphone is jailbroken and I have never had to upgrade it before, could anybody tell me if its possible to successfully back everything up and restore it after installing 3.0 and if so, how to do this?

Thanks,

Rollinup

If this is nothing to do with this release ignore me :p

I will be upgrading as soon as I find out more info about it. Unlocking etc.

I doubt they can do that because you can enter DFU Mode and Shift + Restore through iTunes. It worked for the iPhone 2g for users wanting 1.1.4 again for some reason or to keep jailbreak at the time.

I just cant do without all the extra abilities that come with jailbreaking. Def gonna wait till 3.0 has been jailbroken before I upgrade.

just downloaded the firmware but a post by a dev team member says that it will lock you out for being able to downgrade in the future but the public version out on the 17th wont so i'm gunna play it safe and wait until the 17th.

just downloaded the firmware but a post by a dev team member says that it will lock you out for being able to downgrade in the future but the public version out on the 17th wont so i'm gunna play it safe and wait until the 17th.

This isn't the Golden Master that was released to developers a couple days ago, it doesn't require the dev account

Edit: Realize I didn't phrase that right

Edited by rollinup

For whatever reason I can't get itunes to allow me to select a file for it to install from...

Hold down SHIFT when clicking the Restore button (Windows)

For the Mac, I think you hold down the Apple (option) key instead, not sure

Hold down SHIFT when clicking the Restore button (Windows)

For the Mac, I think you hold down the Apple (option) key instead, not sure

That's what I've been doing, I've done it in the past but it's just not appearing...weird

Did they ever get iTunes 8.2 to recognize DFU mode or whatever problem it was they were having with it fixed?

Been using 3.0 on my iPhone and iPod touch for the past day now. It's alright. Nothing groundbreaking, and honestly, a lot of this stuff should have been in the iPhone from day one.

Been using 3.0 on my iPhone and iPod touch for the past day now. It's alright. Nothing groundbreaking, and honestly, a lot of this stuff should have been in the iPhone from day one.

Indeed! well but better this than nothing. Gotta love apples greed for Touch users though.

Just to let people know who have already upgraded, and are worried about being locked out from older firmware's .I installed 3.0 last night with no probs and this morning I downgraded through itunes back to 2.2.1 with no probs at all.

Im now back at 3.0 and everything is sweet , no problems at all syncing with itunes.

Hope this helps.

Found this

Source

If this is nothing to do with this release ignore me :p

I will be upgrading as soon as I find out more info about it. Unlocking etc.

Ill say this once.

It only locks out EARLIER upgrades, not later upgrades, and even then, only iPod Touches.

No, no it's not.

Yes, it is, unless a showstopping bug is found. Please, don't spread rumors. GM is the final version, with Developer checks still in place.

Same thing.

Kkthx, bai.

The only problems I've noticed so far about iPod firmware 3.0 for the 1st Gen :

1. There's a gradient below the text label that says "Scrubbing, blah blah, twice the speed, half the speed..." in the Music app. Well I've played with it a lot and the gradient moved. But not that I'm looking at it again, I can't seem to reproduce and I don't remember where the gradient went, but if it really moved it's like 1 or 2 pixels. Or I'm crazy.

2. The Mail application makes noise now! Well I suspect it's this application that makes noise... This is really retarded... When I'm looking for new emails at school, I don't want to whole class to hear the noise called "Temps qui passe" (I think it's "Time passes" in english). I can't seem to find a solution for that. And I think the noise is heard when Mail has finished collecting the new mail.