[Official] Battlefield 1943

Can't wait for this to come on PC. I still play BF 1942, but its getting a tad dated in its gameplay and style...

Is this game awesome as Battlefield 2? :o

Heh, well that's a matter of opinion lol. I never really liked BF2. I always preferred COD4 or CombatArms over BF2.

But from what I am reading all over online, BF1943 is incredibly awesome fun!

get the trial and find out... but its def a fun game to play... not sure if its as good as BF2 as that was one of my all time favorites on PC... its prob the closest thing to it.. and they nailed the gameplay with a FPS+controller

Hardly. Fewer maps, fewer weapons, fewer vehicles, no unlocks, smaller games, and no mods. But for a tenner you can't do any better, and BF2 isn't on the consoles.

BF2 costs like ?15 here (most places have the Deluxe edition only). So 1943 is cheaper:pp

And it can be had for ?3 here ( depending on the store ) so BF2 is cheaper.

Are the stats on the website messed up again?

Looks that way. All the in game stamps, postcards and achievements aren't showing up.

My stats suck, I don't play many FPS online games anymore, and boy do I suck! lol But its still a fun game :)

Hey guys, I don't know if this was posted yet, but here's a pretty awesome signature generator for your BF1943 stats

http://dynagaming.com/

Nice, just hooked it up myself. :yes:

Question... Did I not have to sign up to use that site itself? Just curious cause I already did sign up, but I guess out of habit, I saw a register option and chose to sign up right away. I then realized afterwards I just signed up for what seems to be a semi-shadey website (it is just so damn nondescript LOL). I am sure it will wind up being harmless, but if I could have not signed up and still used the service, would have preferred to do that.

But stats are still real wonky, in fact you can see in my signature that I have 0% for Hits, and it has been like that for me since Day 1 of the site doing stats. Things like the Veteran program are shot, as I currently have 4 on the official veteran site (and even that main site is wrong as for whatever reason it is saying all of my 1942 disks are in use by someone else when I put in my legit key), but it only lists 3 on BF1943.

Finally, had a real good time playing earlier with everyone. I am a bit embarrassed by the fact I got so mad at the game at one point that I was cursing it so loud that I was actually clipping out and could not be heard, that means I was REALLY yelling loud and I rarely if at all get that mad at a game, but seriously it seemed like it was just not working right there for awhile. Then sure enough I had some of my best rounds yet in the game, and I have to say we went an a pretty impressive streak there of having Top Squad for X amount of rounds in a row.

I signed up too, didn't realise you could generate one without doing so. I used a different password than I'd normally do so, cause I too thought it looked a bit shady. I doubt it is though.

My Veteran status and head/body percentages are incorrect, but cba fixing them.

I'll have to join a game with u guys, have bought the game now, but can't find any decent servers with people playing properly, I now have -10 as a score as I jumped in a plabne with someone who bailed and I didnt know how to fly it .... so I got a suicide kill :(