Firefox 3.5 Released

So why this thread has been made

If RC3 = RTW , then why not install that version , rather than waiting for something u already have , or its not so , RTW will have changes...?

If RC3 = RTW , then why not install that version , rather than waiting for something u already have , or its not so , RTW will have changes...?
No, they're the same. Identical. Bit for bit.

To everyone who is updating to 3.5 and having to restart, what was the prior installed release a 3.0.x build?

Should be 3.0.11, the latest official build.. for me.

Firefox 3.5 is NOT officially released yet. There may be preliminary Firefox Setup files available on

the Mozilla.org FTP servers, but Mozilla will announce the new Firefox 3.5 release when it is ready.

Until then, the latest official Firefox release version is still v3.0.11 . . .

Mozilla will announce the new Firefox 3.5 release when it is ready.
They're not waiting for it to be ready, since it's been ready since the 24th. Edited by boogerjones

None of these ftp links people keep post work.

Copy the link & paste it in a new tab if u use Firefox do not click on the link to open it. Otherwise you won't be able to acess it.

None of these ftp links people keep post work.

That's because Neowin doesn't allow ftp links so they turn into http, instead. The one I'm posting in the original post is the one you should use. Just be sure to remove the space after ftp://

That's because Neowin doesn't allow ftp links so they turn into http, instead. The one I'm posting in the original post is the one you should use. Just be sure to remove the space after ftp://

I tried that. All I get is a "Failed to change directory" message.

I tried that. All I get is a "Failed to change directory" message.

Try ftp:// releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/3.5/

Could have sworn the link I did have worked. *shrugs* Won't be long before the official page is up.

its out now , non ftp link,,,

Here

That page still links to the ftp.

Could have sworn the link I did have worked. *shrugs* Won't be long before the official page is up.

Nice one... got it. Thanks.

That page still links to the ftp.

still its convenient :D

I downloaded the file from two different of the posted links. Also did a file compare to see that files where identical, and they where (just so I didn't get wrong file).

Anyway this file is not Firefox 3.5 as several others has said it is still RC3.

When installing this file, you will get the "Welcome to Firefox 3.5 Release Candidate 3" page when starting for the first time if you haven't run any 3.5 files before on the system.

I downloaded the file from two different of the posted links. Also did a file compare to see that files where identical, and they where (just so I didn't get wrong file).

Anyway this file is not Firefox 3.5 as several others has said it is still RC3.

When installing this file, you will get the "Welcome to Firefox 3.5 Release Candidate 3" page when starting for the first time if you haven't run any 3.5 files before on the system.

That's because RC3 IS the final Firefox 3.5.

That's because RC3 IS the final Firefox 3.5.

that might be true, but the welcome to RC3 page is there because they all link to the same place and they haven't updated the page on the server yet to say 3.5 final.