Sony Boss Getting Fed Up With PPL Telling Him The PS3 Is Too Expensive

Fact is IF you need all what is inside the PS3 then there is no denying that it is very good value for money. The problem comes that some people just want a basic games console. Microsoft did this and gave people the options to upgrade with various peripherals allowing them to mix and match to their requirements. Another fact is that if you try getting the 360 to the PS3 spec at MS prices then all of a sudden that cheap 360 isn't cheap anymore.

All comes down to what you want. I wanted the PS3 due to Blu-ray and a few exclusives.

Take your pick of what suits you the most and be happy and play the games :D

I'll only speak for myself, but I'm saying that a console that launched with the momentum of the PS2 behind it should've launched more "intelligently" than the reckless abandon that was the PS3.

Like Nintendo and Atari before them....

PS3 has "better" CPU, 360 has "better" GPU. No secrets there, we don't need this to degrade into 360 v PS3.

There's no better between both. The Cell excels at a few things, but gets behind in others. It's a tie, but I guess the PS3's launch propaganda is still strong among some of you...

Also the PS3 has Blu-Ray.

Again, you can't really say it's superior for games. Sure, it has more space, but it's also slower. Another tie...

Like Nintendo and Atari before them....

Exactly! Companies have a tendency to rest on their laurels once they reach the top. It makes them that much easier to knock down.

There's no better between both. The Cell excels at a few things, but gets behind in others. It's a tie, but I guess the PS3's launch propaganda is still strong among some of you...

Just to reiterate, it's like saying a Rolls Royce is better than a Ferrari or a Land Rover is better than a Mini. Better at what? You can be looking for luxury, speed, ruggedness or fuel economy and have different cars be better at it.

Jack Thompson has the final say :p

jack-thompsonps32-685x513.jpg

Bet he's playing GTA4 right now, and can't wait for God of War 3 to do this

5cgdbd.gif

5fn47a.gif

Jack Thompson has the final say :p

Bet he's playing GTA4 right now, and can't wait for God of War 3 to do this

If that's the case, notice any new movie or TV show that has the characters playing a video game. Not part of the story, they're just playing something. Overwhelmingly you'll see them holding a white controller. :ninja:

He probably uses it as a Bluray player.

I've been told I have good eyesight, so I did some detective work

thompsongta.jpg

If that's the case, notice any new movie or TV show that has the characters playing a video game. Not part of the story, they're just playing something. Overwhelmingly you'll see them holding a white controller. :ninja:

Damn that Wii, it's everywhere :(

I've also seen a couple of times when they've had the 360 controller and said that they're playing Playstation and vice-versa. :laugh:

Plus if you go by tv shows/movies 90% of the world use Macs :p

I don't think there is any doubt about that the PS3 having superior technology. If Sony can stay focused on the long term and not be bogged down in current sales they may yet become a winner. The Xbox will almost certainly need another version released before the PS3 does.

Superior? No. Complicated, yes.

Like this one?

Superior? No. Complicated, yes.

It doesn't really matter anyway. As I stated in an earlier post, I love my Xbox. I would buy it all over again if I had the same choice again today. However, I still believe the PS3 has superior technology. However, that tech means nothing if the games aren't there, and for me they are not on the PS3.

Maybe because they have a better idea on how to run a business then the average Joe, hmm? people can bitch and moan all they want but fact is the PS3 is as low as it can go for now, it ain't cheap to make the PS3 and selling it at a huge loss to please cheap arse whiners is bad business, period. You don't like the PS3 price? then don't buy it simple. Yes, Sony made a huge mistake putting the Blu-Ray drive in the PS3, while it may of helped [blu-Ray] win the war but it comes at a terrible cost, it keeps the PS3 in a high price range. Sony are working on making it cheaper and it will eventually drop and if you can't afford/justify the cost then wait, it's not like the PS3 is the only console, you can pick up a 360 or a Wii or just game on a PC. People need to stop bitching about the price of the PS3 like it's the only console on the market, damn does it annoy me! :p

EDIT: Also, there is no evidence Sony doesn't listen! for all we know they are taking everything on board, you know Sony want the PS3 cheaper too because they really want it to sell but it's not that simple, they can't just drop the price for the sake of it. There are many other things to consider. If companies ran in the way consumers wanted them too, they'd be all bankrupt and consumers would then be bitching and moaning about that.

I agree with you, I'm an average Joe, but even I know that they would want to make the PS3 cheaper, meaning they can sell it cheaper meaning more people would buy it (and less people would complain) meaning they would make more money, it's win-win lol.

The Blu-ray makes the PS3 futureproof, it could probably still compete with the next gen Xbox if the full CELL was to be used (imagine the possibilities :shifty: ) Sony could invest more in making the PS3 cheaper but still the same instead of a PS4.

Then again that's probably average Joe bull****...

I have a PS3 and im happy with it. The only thing that I hate is how devs are writing the good games for only the xbox and pc, like Splinter Cell Conviction and the like. I would much rather play it on a more then fully capable console (the ps3) instead of the clunky controls of the PC. Someone needs to write a XBOX 360 emulator for the PS3 lol, that would solve that problem anyway!

that is stupid, why would i want to buy a $600 console to play games that was made for a $400 console?

The head of Sony is such an arrogant man... I really can't stand him. I wonder what sort of pressure he could possibly be putting on Activision. He certainly is in no place to put pressure on anyone here...

that is stupid, why would i want to buy a $600 console to play games that was made for a $400 console?

PS3 = 399

Xbox = 299

Arcade doesn't count. Let me guess, you gonna come back with "no gaems?" pfft, the price of the PS3 is justified, regardless of the opinions.

AB, I respect you as a poster, I think you know this, but, your eyes will only see what you want them to see.

PS3 = 399

Xbox = 299

Arcade doesn't count. Let me guess, you gonna come back with "no gaems?" pfft, the price of the PS3 is justified, regardless of the opinions.

hmm, ok first, the dude said someone should make an emulator for the ps3 to play 360 games. So i reply why should i pay $399 to play games made for a $299 console? understand now?

thompsongta.jpg

Damn that Wii, it's everywhere :(

hmm, I see a chair, tv and some fish...hmm I wonder if that floor is 100% pine wood.

Honestly, I would actually give Jack a bit of credit if he did own all the consoles and the games he fights against. I'm sure most lawyers wouldn't actually play the games and just make arguments and assumptions based on what they read online, or just what they think goes on in the games.

Not that I have any respect for JT, but I'm just saying it wouldn't really strike me as ironic or wrong if he did own the stuff.

-Spenser