Windows 7 RTM now available on Technet and MSDN

I'm sorry to say this; but its going to hit the torrent "illegal" sites soon.

Note I'm not condoning this - merely stating a point now that there are valid licenses available.

I'm going to pick this up in October though; is there actually any point in getting the Ultimate Edition? Surely the Home Pro is basically the same?

Working fine on my Asus 1000H netbook, installation was swift and easy from the USB thumbdrive. Wanderermy, thanks for the headsup on the ei.cfg file, worked like a charm so no need to download more than one ISO for my several PC's, had no need to install Ultimate on my netbook, pro will do fine.

Now I just need the weekend to install RTM on my desktop PC, too busy working to get that done now.

quick question about the technet subscription, if u only get a subscription for a year, do the keys expire if u dont re-subscribe or are they forever?

quick question about the technet subscription, if u only get a subscription for a year, do the keys expire if u dont re-subscribe or are they forever?

They are forever but I should also remind that a Technet license gives you the right to test the offered products and not use them productively...

So they didn't really change the theme much from Vista? I think that's kind of odd.

lulwut ?

Change your glasses mate ;)

So they didn't really change the theme much from Vista? I think that's kind of odd.

Sure, it looks similar to Vista, but there's a lot of obviously visible changes, along with behind the scene changes.

Hey did anyone access their Technet accounts this morning? Links to download Ultimate and Enterprise have been blanked out? I can't even access the keys (I mean I copied them down but I wanted to generate a couple more)? Am I the only one?

This of course is in reference to Win 7

lulwut ?

Change your glasses mate ;)

Oh come on, it's the same basic theme. Granny won't notice the difference.

Sure, it looks similar to Vista, but there's a lot of obviously visible changes, along with behind the scene changes.

It's not bad or anything, it just looks a bit unfinished. And I would have thought Microsoft wanted to give it a fresh look to help separate it from Vista.

Hey did anyone access their Technet accounts this morning? Links to download Ultimate and Enterprise have been blanked out? I can't even access the keys (I mean I copied them down but I wanted to generate a couple more)? Am I the only one?

Me too, you have to access it from the Top Downloads page and the keys are available on the My Product Keys page. It says that if you click on details.

Me too, you have to access it from the Top Downloads page and the keys are available on the My Product Keys page. It says that if you click on details.

They had to do that because the regular servers were being overloaded (the "Top Downloads" goes through Akamai servers, which can handle this sort of load).

Sweet thanks man.

Man can't you guys read the bolded click on detail for more information part? it says so right there -_-'. Also, Top Downloads now work for firefox.

It's not bad or anything, it just looks a bit unfinished. And I would have thought Microsoft wanted to give it a fresh look to help separate it from Vista.

It is a fresh look to separate it from Vista. Even from default settings it looks different from Vista.

When will windows 7 rtm be on msconnect ??

It's all in the email that is sent out by connect. I'm pretty sure some people got their emails relating to that.

Download is slowwww, the transfer manager says a speed limit was set server side. Oh well, I will install when I get back home.

That's weird, I just started downloading and transferring at 1.2MB/sec.

It's not only you. Microsoft servers are overloaded :)

I know this was discussed at length, but can I activate my technet copy of 7 enterprise with an SA 7 enterprise key? Trying to avoid another download....

edit: Had the product and version wrong

Edited by abuthemagician

I wouldn't say THAT Overloaded, just more of a way to help streamline the distribution of windows 7 by using the Akamai method, and pretty much forcing people into it (especially with ultimate and enterprise, the popular choices, apparently).

I know this was discussed at length, but can I activate my technet copy of vista ultimate with an SA vista ultimate key? Trying to avoid another download....
Just try it. if it works. Great. if it doesn't. oh well one more key to lose on Technet.