Windows 7 RTM now available on Technet and MSDN

You only able to download if you are a:

1) Technet subscriber

or

2) MSDN

or

3) Official Windows 7 tester

how were the Official Windows 7 testers ???

hmm I can't download the Enterprise version??? I have a MSDN premium sub with visual studio and can download the vista version why not 7? Option is just greyed out?

you need to download it with Akamai file transfer: This file is available for download to all eligible subscribers on Top Downloads. Keys are available on the My Product Keys page.

you can also use other download managers if you don't like the Akamai file transfer. Just copy the link and paste it into your preferred download manager tool. Speed was about 4MB/s :)

Think I've discovered a problem. Am using the Microsoft 8000 wireless series keyboard/mouse. They work fine during Windows 7 setup, but when the installation asks for a username (and completes the computer name), neither keyboard/mouse work. You have to plug in a USB keyboard to get it working.

The only way to get it going is to download Intelli-Point/Type.

Anyone else had similar problems with the install?

got mine downloaded and all my keys stored safely with all my other technet stuff. But i have to wait to install until ati has tuner drivers for the AIW-hd, hopefully it wont take long

i don't get why microsoft didn't just release the one iso for home/pro/ultimate. it seems the supported way to install a copy of each is to download 3 isos. what a waste of bandwidth/time. :huh:

pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

dear neowinian ...... please i want to use RTM version, please help me to get RTM ...

Thanks

dear neowinian ...... please i want to use RTM version, please help me to get RTM ...

Thanks

Here's the Key for Windows 7 Ultimate

IVN_Hand_with_Key.jpg

i don't get why microsoft didn't just release the one iso for home/pro/ultimate. it seems the supported way to install a copy of each is to download 3 isos. what a waste of bandwidth/time. :huh:

Extract the ISO then browse to /sources/ folder and locate ei.cfg. Then delete it.

Here's the Key for Windows 7 Ultimate

IVN_Hand_with_Key.jpg

OK FINE...

I'll come back with RTM version geniune and registered...

Thanks for the support and replies,

Over & Out

Extract the ISO then browse to /sources/ folder and locate ei.cfg. Then delete it.

yes i have read the thread hence my post. :laugh:

Finally. I can't wait to install it. I've waited until now to finally use Windows 7. I must say, refraining from installing any of the previous builds greatly increased my excitement for this release. I'm afraid I'll die in a blaze of blissful ecstasy as I boot to the desktop for the first time. :o :laugh:

OK FINE...

I'll come back with RTM version geniune and registered...

Thanks for the support and replies,

Over & Out

You really don't expect someone here to give out a random person a genuine key that might end up getting their account suspended? Seriously, it ain't happening.

So, whats the verdict?

So far, it's been rock solid stable on both my notebook machine (a Dell Studio 1537 running 64-bit Windows) and my desktop machine (a custom built Pentium 4 machine running 32-bit Windows).

is my x64 bit download screwed???

I've downloaded both 32bit and 64bit biut the extension on the 64bit is still .dlm I had closed the download windows @ 100% I've reopened the window progress is still 100% but status stopped.

Can I just remove the .dlm extension?

Edit: Its ok I checked the SHA1 number its its ok :)

Edited by Pabs(Sco)