Windows 7 RTM now available on Technet and MSDN

But BitTorrent usual equals downloading illegal content, and I guess Microsoft doesn't want to be associated with that :p .

Anyway, I agree with you. But the problem with BitTorrent is the possibility that nobody will seed or upload, just download.

Maybe they should develop some kind of P2P distribution service to use for that, like BitTorrent. Who knows if it is ever going to happen :) .

We're almost like the same person lol. Only difference I have a few more posts than you now haha. I'm going to probably become a regular on here. I've been a lurker for years and never posted until recently.

This screenshot is exactly what I am getting when I try to do that. I am signed in, and everything, and obviously tried both FF and IE.

It's been doing things like that to me all day, where I'm already logged in and I click (or refresh) the downloads page and I get something that says

Existing Subscribers

Access your Subscriber Downloads now.

Not yet a subscriber?

A one-year subscription is just $349USD

Your TechNet Plus subscription includes critical resources to help you evaluate Microsoft technologies such as Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, Exchange Server 2010 and more. Enjoy other benefits to help you prepare for migration and deployment scenarios such as:

• 12 Microsoft eLearning courses
  • 2 technical support incidents (at no additional charge)
  • Online Concierge
  • Managed Newsgroups

Compare and buy a subscription today.

That would make sense. You'd have to change the file (ei.cfg was it?) to be able to change the "edition" of the Iso. I think it's that file that dictates the edition of that iso.

Yes

Sweet :D

That method of downloading is only available for so long, after which you have to use the Microsoft FTM. This method has been exhausted I'm afraid :/

If you keep trying it will come back :)

So I keep refreshing until the link pops up?

But BitTorrent usual equals downloading illegal content, and I guess Microsoft doesn't want to be associated with that :p .

Anyway, I agree with you. But the problem with BitTorrent is the possibility that nobody will seed or upload, just download.

Maybe they should develop some kind of P2P distribution service to use for that, like BitTorrent. Who knows if it is ever going to happen :) .

Build a MS download manager that uses a similar protocol with cryptography built in (have to sign in with live account for use) to ensure that only subscribers are getting the goods.

We're almost like the same person lol. Only difference I have a few more posts than you now haha. I'm going to probably become a regular on here. I've been a lurker for years and never posted until recently.

Haha indeed, I was also read-only on Neowin for some years but I think I'll be from now more active here.

I added you by the way to my friends list :p .

That would make sense. You'd have to change the file (ei.cfg was it?) to be able to change the "edition" of the Iso. I think it's that file that dictates the edition of that iso.

Changing the ei.cfg file does work. I just tried it. Changed Ultimate to homepremium and it allowed me to install Home Premium.

Better yet though just deleting the ei.cfg file out of the Sources directory allowed me to choose the install. So it is in fact an all in one DVD. Choices were:

Home Basic

Home Premium

Professional

Ultimate

Easy peasy..

I wish I had TechNet, but it's too expensive, I'm too young and I don't even have a job.

Anyone willing to share a Home Premium key...?

I thought there was another sub-build, .16899 (or something similar if that's not right), or was that an update...? Because I remember people saying that they had it.

That was because of a windows update.

I wish I had TechNet, but it's too expensive, I'm too young and I don't even have a job.

I thought there was another sub-build, .16899 (or something similar if that's not right), or was that an update...? Because I remember people saying that they had it.

I am 15, and I have got TechNet. I share the costs with friends and use coupon codes, and because of that it isn't that expensive for me.

I can recommend you doing so, though Microsoft might not like it :p .

That was because of a windows update.

Thought it was, and it must be available now. I'm pondering installing Home Premium and reareming until the 22nd October when I get mine. Don't know what I'm going to do with my other computer though if you can't use a key more than 1 time.

So if anyone feels kind enough to give me a Home Premium key, I'd be eternally grateful...*sigh*

I Get it now. If you're downloading through Microsoft File Transfer manager. suspend it and close it. Then open up internet explorer and start up the link. THAT worked for me.

Changing the ei.cfg file does work. I just tried it. Changed Ultimate to homepremium and it allowed me to install Home Premium.

Better yet though just deleting the ei.cfg file out of the Sources directory allowed me to choose the install. So it is in fact an all in one DVD. Choices were:

Home Basic

Home Premium

Professional

Ultimate

Easy peasy..

How do you delete the ei.cfg file and keep the DVD bootable without using a separate bootloader (ex using a floppy image with nero)?

I don't know if some of you guys have noticed this but there are actually (2) distinct places to download the Windows 7 RTM from on both MSDn and Technet.

from the regular download link (from Microsoft) and from the top downloads section (From Akaimai global CDN).

The Akaimai way should be faster for most people. If you are getting low speeds you should really try the Akamai side. Much faster.

50-200KB from MS since the load has kicked in vs 2MBps from akamai.

Thanks very much pupdawg! +1000 for the major speed increase.

same , it would be good if there was a Neowin version of TechNet but you need to be a subscriber.

Thought it was, and it must be available now. I'm pondering installing Home Premium and reareming until the 22nd October when I get mine. Don't know what I'm going to do with my other computer though if you can't use a key more than 1 time.

So if anyone feels kind enough to give me a Home Premium key, I'd be eternally grateful...*sigh*

I take care of my grandma and I'm working on a start-up business. VBCtv.com it's an online TV network. I have maybe $50 in my pocket after everything I have to pay for the month. I would love to have Windows 7 right now, but I'm not going to ask someone who payed for it to give me a copy. They can offer it and I would be greatful but it's not right to ask.

How do you delete the ei.cfg file and keep the DVD bootable without using a separate bootloader (ex using a floppy image with nero)?

Just edit the iso in UltraISO.

Open it up, find ei.cfg, delete it and save the iso.

I take care of my grandma and I'm working on a start-up business. VBCtv.com it's an online TV network. I have maybe $50 in my pocket after everything I have to pay for the month. I would love to have Windows 7 right now, but I'm not going to ask someone who payed for it to give me a copy. They can offer it and I would be greatful but it's not right to ask.

I think it will be better just to stick with the OS you got now.

I am 15, and I have got TechNet. I share the costs with friends and use coupon codes, and because of that it isn't that expensive for me.

I can recommend you doing so, though Microsoft might not like it :p .

Again... MSDN and Technet are not meant for software savings! It's meant for testing.