• Eto'o
    • Huntelaar
    • Ribery
    • Gourcuff
    • Other

Here we go again.

May the best team win.

Play-offs:

FC Sheriff - Olympiacos FC 18/08 ? 26/08 ?FC K?benhavn - APOEL FC/b> 18/08 ? 26/0Celtic FC - Arsenal FCC 18/08 ? 26/FC Timişoara - VfB Stuttgartrt 18/08 ? 26Sporting Clube de Portugal - ACF Fiorentinaina 18/08 ? 2Panathinaikos FC - Club Atl?tico de Madridadrid 19/08 ?PFC Levski Sofia - Debreceni VSCni VSC 19/08 ?Olympique Lyonnais - RSC Anderlechterlecht 19/08 FC Salzburg - Maccabi Haifa FCHaifa FC 19/08 FK Ventspils - FC Z?richC Z?rich 19/08 ? 25/08 ?

So it was neither Martyn or Kralik!

:p

what happens if Celtic beats Arsenal? (it won't but heh)

I tip Madrid this year actually if they can get their team working together quickly going to be good.

If Celtic beat Arsenal then they will go into the Champions League group stage draw, and Arsenal will drop into the Europa League.

Gerrard should have been included in the poll, he is always near the top of the scoring charts in the Champions League, more so than Gourcuff.

I agree.. Stevie G should be there and so should Arshavin or van Persie not Walcott..

Anyways.. a big game for us tonight.. Arsenal v Valencia.. Wenger said he'll play the team that will play against Everton in season opener and will reveal '90% of his cards'.. so winning today is vital for our confidence and will make it 4 in a four.. I personally can't wait to see this game with so much talent from both sides out there.. with Villa, Silva, Baraja, Joaqin and Mata playing it will be a really tough test for our defence in particular and for midfield as well.. expecting a great game and a taste of things to come :p

Dates of our UCL qualifiers are set and it seems a game will be played at Celtic Park just 3 days after we play Everton and the return leg just a week before we go to OT.. if Arsenal can pass this tough first month then we'll have a real chance of will 2-3 trophies this season..

Would you please stop whining? ;p I make the choices.

I put the current striker of each team, and one only. Gourcuff instead of Chamakh because I'm not so sure he's staying at Bordeaux. Same thing with Ribery and Toni or Klose. And Messi over Ibrahimovic, cause the swedish was never that good in CL. Walcott because I simply like him more than Archavin. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

2008/09 Midfielder of the Year award - Xavi

2008/09 Defender of the Year award - John Terry

2008/09 Goalkeeper of the Year award - Van der Sar

2008/09 Forward of the Year award - L. Messi

Full Groups

Group A: Bayern Munich, Juventus, Bordeaux, Maccabi Haifa

Group B: MANCHESTER UNITED, CSKA Moscow, Besiktas, Wolfsburg

Group C: AC Milan, Real Madrid, Marseille, FC Zurich

Group D: CHELSEA, FC Porto, Atletico Madrid, APOEL

Group E: LIVERPOOL, Lyon, Fiorentina, Debrecen

Group F: FC Barcelona, Inter Milan, Dinamo Kiev, FC Rubin Kazan

Group G: Sevilla, RANGERS, Stuttgart, Unirea

Group H: ARSENAL, AZ Alkmaar, Olympiakos, Standard

tough groups for the italian teams.

what are the odds though of ACM facing Kaka w/Real and Inter being grouped with Barca after the Ibra-Eto swap, lol.

Anyone know how the Pots are setup before the draw? Is there a ranking system for clubs they use? I dont understand how Arsenal, who went through qualifications recently, got placed in Pot 1 and ended up in a relatively easy group. I would have thought Inter, Real Madrid or Juventus would be in Pot1 before Arsenal

It's complicated. :D

Article 9

Seeding of clubs

9.01 The UEFA administration seeds clubs for the qualifying phase, the play-offs and the group stage in the UEFA Champions League, in accordance with the club coefficient rankings established at the beginning of the season and with the principles set by the Club Competitions Committee. If, for any unforeseen reason, any of the participants in such rounds are not known at the time of the draw, the coefficient of the club with the higher coefficient of the two

clubs involved in an undecided tie will be used for the purposes of the draw.

9.02 These rankings are drawn up on the basis of a combination of 20% of the value of the respective national association’s coefficient for the period from 2004/05 to 2008/09 inclusive and the clubs’ individual performances in the

UEFA club competitions during the same period. Each club retains the cumulative number of points obtained during this period.

That's all I know.

Source: Regulations of the UEFA

(Does anyone (Rappy?) can "pinned" this thread instead of the old one? Thanks)

(Does anyone (Rappy?) can "pinned" this thread instead of the old one? Thanks)

Rappy is not a mod. PM one of the mods and they will do it, there is a list at the bottom of the Neowin forum homepage.