• Torres
    • Walcott
    • Eto'o
    • Huntelaar
    • Ribery
    • Gourcuff
    • Other

There doesn't seem to be as many games on itv this year :s :(

Liverpool vs Lyon this week that should be awesome for many reasons :)

I think we are actually away to Lyon not at home, but yep its a crunch game that's for sure

Yeah I just typed Liverpool first for some reason :p I always do that :rofl:

Frank do you think a loss could spell the end of Rafa?

I hope not, because deep down the fans know that he isn't really to blame for our current problems. Sadly the fans aren't really the people he has to answer to in terms of keeping his job.

Firing him now would be a terrible mistake, make no bones about it.

yeah I think the board won't do it because they know what will happen if they do plus I read somewhere close to ?20m to sack him and that's something they can't afford.

20 million.... I don't even think they could afford to buy the players a round at the pub at the moment :rofl:

:rofl:

pick of the week I think has to be Milan vs Real again...going to be an awesome game that :D

I get the feeling that the Lyon fixture is going to define our season, so what happens I feel may be a good indicator of how the rest of it is going to go. Its gonna be tough without Gerrard though.

I just came across this! I cant believe its been here for so long and I didnt see it lol. Im looking forward to newcastle being in the champions league in the 2011/2012 season. lol

Igor Akinfeev plays tonight for the forst time at Old Trafford, first of many? :) We need a serious successor for Edwin. Foster can't deal right now with the pressure and Kuczak seems to be an endless substitute, though he can be a regular player for many other great teams in Europe. It's Akinfeev or Hugo Lloris, I don't see any young goalkeepers better than those two.

Igor Akinfeev plays tonight for the forst time at Old Trafford, first of many? :) We need a serious successor for Edwin. Foster can't deal right now with the pressure and Kuczak seems to be an endless substitute, though he can be a regular player for many other great teams in Europe. It's Akinfeev or Hugo Lloris, I don't see any young goalkeepers better than those two.

Football Manager FTW :p

If Fergie's serious about a goal keeper it has to be Akinfeev/Lloris or Asenjo. Do what Chelsea done and splash out on a good goalie to last for the forseeable future.

But we also need another attacking midfielder who can score goals, current midfield struggles to score a goal a week between every single one of them.

And another striker would be good, Berba is skillful but his goal ratio is terrible. I do however think if Ronaldo was still there his goal ratio would be good, right now Nani can't put in a final ball to save himself and the others are hit or miss. Giggs can still deliver a good final ball, but he has to be used sparingly. Carricks gone down the tube a bit. Valencia will be better next season.

I agreee on everything. Berba is very talented when he gets the boal, but at the moment no one can throw him a good one, except Evra. Valencia is still adapting, like you said he will be better.

As for the attacking midfielder it is not really a problem as far as the winning goes. But in the end of the season it could be a serious asset to the team to have such a player. Anderson and Carrick can score so they need to take more responsability about it. Arsenal is the example in that domain.

Oh, and I don't play FM anymore, I'm trying to get a life... Ok fine, my pc is not up to it but you get the point. ;)

I agreee on everything. Berba is very talented when he gets the boal, but at the moment no one can throw him a good one, except Evra. Valencia is still adapting, like you said he will be better.

As for the attacking midfielder it is not really a problem as far as the winning goes. But in the end of the season it could be a serious asset to the team to have such a player. Anderson and Carrick can score so they need to take more responsability about it. Arsenal is the example in that domain.

Oh, and I don't play FM anymore, I'm trying to get a life... Ok fine, my pc is not up to it but you get the point. ;)

I'm glad Fergie is playing Anderson more, at one point he looked like a huge flop but he just lacks confidence. His pro is he's a very strong midfielder, but his confidence in front of goal is lacking which explains something like 30+ games till his first goal.

He's gotta step it up sooner rather than later.

We deserved the draw. CSKA stopped playing way too early and saw themselves too beautiful too soon. And against us the game is never over untill the referee says so. Valencia was superbe (and lucky, his shot wasn't on target), Rooney boosted us and even Obertan put some speed on the right side, and very well combined with Evra.

Anyway, a big GG to CSKA for coming here and playing for the win, Akinfeev is definetly one the futur best goalkeeper, and Krasic did some damage on his side, Fabio couldn't step up. Wonderful game.

AC Milan played some great football. Really do not see RM getting results for their investments...

yeah it does seem the same ol same from RM even with the money spent.

Disappointed that the blue scum, and red scum didn't lose, apart from that pretty predictable round of results today.

Cocking that gun a little early, best wait till tomorrow night is over :p