• Ronaldo
    • Torres
    • Walcott
    • Eto'o
    • Huntelaar
    • Ribery
    • Gourcuff
    • Other

We did the job. It's never easy to win in Turkey, the ambiance is always huge. Between a tough game against Spurs and before crushing down City we managed, despite the lack of form, to win the game.

I saw Inter - Barcelona, so boooooZzzZring.

We need to step it up if we really want a shot at this, 3 points will do for now

Agreed, however the signs are good as these are precisely the kind of games we didn't win last season. I'll take 3 points however they come, knowing that there is the potential to perform better, particularly against sides that don't play defensively.

• 2 weeks later...

Uefa Probe Champions League Match Fixing

Peter Limacher, head of disciplinary services at Uefa said the cases involved early qualifying matches of clubs "mainly from eastern Europe" over the last four years.

Limacher said Uefa had been alerted to suspicious betting patterns.

"In the cases we have seen it's really the deliberate planned fix of the games - the whole games.

"It might take some time (to convict) but in cases where we can work together with the police that might be possible."

He said most of the clubs being investigated sought to make a profit from betting because they knew they would be eliminated.

I only saw the first half because a group of us ended up in a pub with no TV for the rest of the game. From what I did see of the first half however, we were very poor. This type of game happens to teams though sometimes.

I watched the latter part of the second half of the United game and one thing that came to mind was that was no where near enough stoppage time for the amount of time Vidic and his injury took alone. Seemed very strange...

• 3 weeks later...

lolwut @ Champions league results tonight...

Barcelona beat 2-1 by Rubin Kazan? Liverpool lost AGAIN, what's that, 6 in a row? Rangers beat 4-1 after going 1-0 up minutes into the game?

Arsenal could only muster a draw as well.

:laugh:

that Rubin side is causing waves this year, they did well against Inter as well!

I'm sure Barca and Inter ppl would've danced with joy after the draw thinking they got an easy group :p Well.. what's happening to 'Pool?? We didn't play very well but we'll go through to next round.. so I don't mind players taking it easy for some games in group stage.. :rolleyes: