[Official] Shadow Complex

My impression since I was able to get the trial but not the full version was that it was probably just being swamped with buyers and people getting errors who just kept hitting the A button to try again.

Classic slashdot effect.

I guess that's a good sign that it's going to have huge sales numbers though. Which from everything I've seen it definitely deserves.

Still prepaid code on xbox.com and the same error when purchasing ingame and marketplace on 360 :(

Stupid MS

Definitely a kick ass game. Did not get to play all that much, got the machine gun then pretty much had to call it a night, but undeniably worth the 1200 points.

My only critique of it would be some of the animations seem a tad stiff, mainly when jumping / hanging from ledges. Ironically those parts remind me a bit of Uncharted, maybe because this guy has a very Nathan Drake look to him.

Great game though, looking forward to playing more as time allows.

I hope a lot of other companies are inspired by this and we see a resurgence in 2D action/exploring games. I wouldn't mind a revival of 2D RPGs with text dialog either, I would much rather spend $15 on a game like this then $60 on most of the stuff we're seeing come out at Retail.

Been playing this game off and on all day. It is definitely the best XBLA game I've played, and actually one of the best games I've played on the 360 in general. It's so much fun, and it seems like the map is HUGE. I've been over a very large area, and only have 34% of the map so far. I'm wondering just how big it is overall. I still don't have the missles, hookshot or foam gun yet, but i have the M4 clone, the jump pack and that trick breathing mask. This game will be taking up too much time lol.

I've been watching your scores go up all night, always smiling that I was ahead =P

haha i cant play in long sessions, im recovering from a shoulder re-construction but yeah your ahead of me :p i thought there was an achievement for getting 100 melee attacks, but nope. but it does make me feel tough :D

One thing I do like about the game is the achievements seem fairly easy to get. However there's 1 that will probably be very difficult, and that's finishing the game with only 13% or less of the items. Granted, it'll probably be easiest to get that one on Easy, and I like that it doesn't force you to play the game on the hardest difficulty to get them. I hate games that do that or make the achievements nearly impossible to get except for the absolute best players.

One thing I do like about the game is the achievements seem fairly easy to get. However there's 1 that will probably be very difficult, and that's finishing the game with only 13% or less of the items. Granted, it'll probably be easiest to get that one on Easy, and I like that it doesn't force you to play the game on the hardest difficulty to get them. I hate games that do that or make the achievements nearly impossible to get except for the absolute best players.

I don't mind the odd achievement that's quite tough to get, but it sucks when a game has 50 ****** hard achievements to get. Or ones that just take forever (collecting flags/orbs/packages for instance).

EDF comes to mind, there's an achievement for finishing the game on each difficulty (of which there's like 8), but you have to finish all 50 levels on EACH. It takes long enough just to go through once!

Foam is next on your list, you'll get it very soon ;)

is foam before the missile? the game list the missile first but i haven't found it yet, worried i might have missed it as there alot of areas you cant access without it

@Kushan: Yeah, but EDF, as bad as it was, was a really fun game lol.

@Waylander: I just got the foam, the XOS armor and the friction dampener, but I haven't gotten the missiles yet.

I only just got the missiles myself and I've picked up near 60% of the items. I'm not sure if it's possible to get them earlier (Probably is, they did mention sequence breaking being part of the game), but it's definitely a late pickup.

Strangely enough, when I picked up the first missile pack, the game literally started throwing pickups at me. I went from just 2 armour pickups to 7 or 8, plus about 5 more health containers - mostly all from just going to the next objective.

I wish Ayepecks would review this game....I need a cynic to review this, because it seems like all the reviewers (aside from 1up) are fapping hard to this game.

Or Yahtzee.

I stand by my opinion of it being a great game, but I'll say this: It's no Metroid beater.

Nothing will ever better Super Metroid that game really was amazing.