Need Feedback! Do you like "Latest Forum Activity"

Feedback request  

377 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use the Latest Activity?

• Yes, please don't remove it on IPB3
    • No, I have always had it hidden

We are currently coding IPB3 on a development server and we've run into a problem with how the forum index displays on screens lower than 1280x1024 with the new sidebar.

For reference here are the most popular screen resolutions that are used on Neowin:

post-2-1250151744_thumb.png

We are considering removing the sidebar and just adding back the Latest Forum Activity across the whole forums again, rather than just showing it on the forum index sidebar, like IPB3 does.

Sidebar? Am I missing something? :ermm: Or is that upcoming in IPB3?

Anyway, I do like the "Latest Forum Activity" box. That's practically how I navigate Neowin :pinch: I'd hate to see it disappear :(

Edit: Beat me to it omnicoder :D

We are currently coding IPB3 on a development server and we've run into a problem with how the forum index displays on screens lower than 1280x1024 with the new sidebar.

For reference here are the most popular screen resolutions that are used on Neowin:

post-2-1250151744_thumb.png

We are considering removing the sidebar and just adding back the Latest Forum Activity across the whole forums again, rather than just showing it on the forum index sidebar, like IPB3 does.

Needs to be alot faster. Like this post Im posting now, as soon as I hit "Add reply" when the page refreshes, it should show up.

I find it a lot easier to keep track of new threads using Latest Activity, mostly because it is live, especially if there's a hot thread going. I would like to see it remain.

Got to toss in that even on a widescreen display, I cannot abide 'sidebars' on forums. I haven't seen one example where it actually works, and I just find it clunky and irritating. I'd also echo omnicoder - I browser pretty much exclusively by the LFA box.

As some other users have said, I too browse most of the time with the "Latest Forum Activity" box, so I'm against removing it.