District 9 (2009)

I feel the same way after the last two "Saw" movies.

LOL, just kidding :)

Don't miss understand. If there's others that want a sequel, then I hope they enjoy it. This film just wasn't for me.

Edited by Hurmoth

I found it to be comedic more than anything...the nerdy South African inspector was the funniest....haha but it was not a great film though...could've been better...still entertaining but on a different level.

Don't miss understand. If there's others that want a sequel, then I hope they enjoy it. This film just wasn't for me.

I was just kidding :) I generally don't care for sequels, for the most part.

Possibly my favourite sci-fi film of this decade, beating out Moon earlier this summer and Primer before that (all of them by first time directors).

While flawed in some respects, it took an approach to the genre that I found refreshing.

I was just kidding :) I generally don't care for sequels, for the most part.

I know ;) I am actually starting to turn against them.

I enjoy getting to see the characters again when a sequel happens, but there should be a limit though.

I was more original stuff. And while I didn't care for District 9, it was at least original. Something different.

I enjoy getting to see the characters again when a sequel happens, but there should be a limit though.

I was more original stuff. And while I didn't care for District 9, it was at least original. Something different.

ditto

Great movie. Something is bugging me though I'm sure I saw a trailer where there was a "prawn" and it chucked a humvee at two soldiers? I didn't see that in the movie?

yeah it was the robot in the trailer that chucked the vehicle.

The movie feels mediocre, certainly not bad, but definately not great. However if I wasn't a SciFi fan, it would probably be bad.

HOWEVER, it does feel a lot like the intro to what could be a great movie or trilogy. It's as if it was made as the introduction to a new great SciFi universe/movies

Saw the film earlier today, went in with low expectation, and came out thinking that its one of my top films of the year. It wasnt set in the US for once, and for me its a film that stands out in the huge sci-fi genre, just seems to have a different take on it and reminded me of cloverfield which i think is a great film (but a bit overrated)

9/10 and look forward to the sequel im sure they'll do as long as that dont mess it up lol

Thanks for the info on this movie - I was seriously considering seeing it...and now that I know, I'm having second thoughts.

--ScottKin

the trick is, dont be a lemming, and go to form your own opinion of it.

Movie was alright. Not worth the hype is received. I thought the story was a little lacking and some of the bits to be a little tad to the extreme. Other than that though, it is still a great scifi action movie.

Movie was alright. Not worth the hype is received. I thought the story was a little lacking and some of the bits to be a little tad to the extreme. Other than that though, it is still a great scifi action movie.

As I said not a greta movie, but a good intro to the sequel.

It's actually a pretty deep movie. It pretty much mirrors the situation of Zimbabwians in South Africa.

All those interviews were actual interviews shot asking about the situation of Zimbabwians coming into South Africa.

Sorry double post (couldn't edit)

I think most people's problem with the movie is they expected something like Independence Day or something similar. Pretty much a movie with big explosions, visual effects, and action. If you go into this movie expecting this, you WILL be disappointed.

This is not what the movie is about. It's a cinematic representation and twist on the problems current South Africans are facing. If you actually do research on what this movie is about, you will probably have a better appreciation for it. Some things are supposed to be left open. I think a sequel would also ruin it.

I honestly thought it was a good movie and give it an 8/10.