Media Player Classic Home Cinema v1.3.1249

This project is based on the original "Media Player Classic" and was created after Gabest, the original author, stopped working on it. Many new player features have been integrated in this player, such as:

• An option to remove Tearing
  • MPC Home Cinema in Your Language (see all languages)
  • Additional video decoders and in particular H.264 and VC-1 with DXVA support
  • Better support for Windows Vista, including a release for 64 bits platform
  • Support for EVR renderer
  • Bugs and vulnerability fixes
  • All previous features from the Guliverkli Project (MPC) from Gabest.

v1.3.1249.0 - 26 august 2009

======================

NEW : Support for Flac audio streams

NEW : Support for Dolby Digital+ (Eac3) and Dolby true HD (MLP)

NEW : Nellymoser audio decoder

NEW : Belarusian, Brazilian and Sweedish translation

NEW : New shader "Sharpen Complex 2" (required hardware compatible with pixel shader 2.A)

NEW : Support for madVR video renderer (http://madshi.net/madVR.zip)

NEW : Additional information on video using MediaInfo (DLL can be download from http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net and placed in mpc-hc directory)

NEW : Internal DXVA decoder support for H264 with Intel G45 (thanks for people who help me at Intel Corp.)

CHANGED: Add support of interlaced flags in software mode for MPCVideoDecoder filter

CHANGED: D3DFullScreen mode now takes into account the monitor to full-screen mode in options, if monitor is not specified on the command line.

CHANGED: Auto-hide playlist on fullscreen(feature request #2219561)

CHANGED: Detours library updated to v2.1

CHANGED: Support for AC3 in MP4 splitter

CHANGED: Support for EAc3 in Matroska splitter

CHANGED: Hotkeys added to support more remote control keys

CHANGED: Support for Theora in Matroska internal splitter

CHANGED: LibVorbis updated to v1.2.3

CHANGED: LibOgg updated to v1.1.4

CHANGED: Improved streaming performances

CHANGED: Prevent display or computer to sleep during playback

CHANGED: Faad library updated to rev 2.2.7

CHANGED: LibPNG updated to release 1.2.38 (fix security bug)

CHANGED: Playlist file is now saved in mpc folder (patch # 2671496)

CHANGED: frame by frame modify to support step frame back functionality (except for VMR9)

CHANGED: support for AC3 in MP4 files created by Nero Digital

CHANGED: EVR custom and VMR9 renderless revamped (Beliyaal), better synchronisation, remove tearing in windowed mode, support for dialog box in DirectX exclusive mode, ...

FIXED : Support for Theora stream in Ogg internal splitter

FIXED : Save thumbnails crash in x64

FIXED : Bugs on presentation graphics (missing subtitles, better synchronization)

FIXED : Audio change on M2TS files reset the selected subtitle

FIXED : Switch to "Minimal view" reset main menu language to English

FIXED : Bug in Mpeg splitter for VC1

FIXED : Maximum texture resolution to "Desktop" not working with Haali renderer (Bug #2456735)

FIXED : Better synchronization with EVR custom to improve playback smoothness

FIXED : 24 bits LPCM not properly play

FIXED : Possible deadlock with Reclock

FIXED : Support of framestep backward, even if the codec didn't support it natively (bug #2600542)

FIXED : DXVA decoder support multiple graphics cards (PCI vendor id detection on the fly)

FIXED : Incorrect aspect ratio for some H264 files with DXVA1 decoder (extended SAR)

FIXED : H264 files with 16 reference frames freeze during playback (bug #2795785 and #2784256)

FIXED : AVI with H264 not decoded properly (bug #2794854)

FIXED : Revamped DXVA h264 decoder based on new insights, fixing black screen, macroblock, support for AVI, ...

FIXED : Incorrect playback for padded DTS

FIXED : Hang when moving player between monitors

Download: http://mpc-hc.sourceforge.net/download-med...classic-hc.html

A 64-bit version, nice! Thanks for the heads up. MPC is perhaps the best media player out there.

Forgot all about this app. One thing, with the x64 version they say that some things are not able to be played due to microsoft charging for libraries or something. So basically, can I install x86 version too and how would I ensure that only the unsupported ones are played in x86 version? Thanks, I would ask on the site but the support is basically bug reporting, no forums as such :(

I love MPC, but seriously, its needs a new ui.

Did you know to press 1, 2 & 3 to get a more minimalistic view.

I just learnt this in the Desktop thread.

So basically, can I install x86 version too and how would I ensure that only the unsupported ones are played in x86 version?

You can have both x86 and the x64 versions installed at once to run the stuff on x86 that the other wont support and they wont interfere with each other.

I was running only the 32bit version but now with this new x64 version I enabled all filters except Mpeg1 and matroska (default behaviour) in MPC and BAM! It plays everything I have with multiple audio streams, subtitles etc all perfect and best of all it loads those same files virtually instantly whereas external decoders under 32bit took 1-2 seconds to initialise then start playing the video.

1080P decoding picture quality side by side compared to DIVXHD and FFDShow is identical so I have decided to stick with 64bit MPC-HC only now running in hardware decode mode via DVXA :D

Win7 x64 here btw....tempted to uninstall all codecs I have now as I only use MPC for movie watching since I don't need codecs at all any more!

You can have both x86 and the x64 versions installed at once to run the stuff on x86 that the other wont support and they wont interfere with each other.

Thanks for the reply, so how can I make it so only the unsupported ones are played in x86 version?

Hmm it's weird.. When using Home Cinema the videos becomes all strechted out in a weird way which doesnt happen with the old normal MPC

view > video frame > keep aspect ratio?

Did you know to press 1, 2 & 3 to get a more minimalistic view.

I just learnt this in the Desktop thread.

Didn't know about the shortcut, thanks for the info. But still, I think this app needs some GUI work.

It doesn't seem to like being installed in Windows 7 default folder. As in... It won't use the INI file, as it can't write to it. It fails to use virtual store or program data folder as an alternative.

Looks like I'll have to use a mobile version of it in a different folde.

Poor testing on this. I know it doesn't say suitable for Windows 7, but it's a little lazy.

It doesn't seem to like being installed in Windows 7 default folder. As in... It won't use the INI file, as it can't write to it. It fails to use virtual store or program data folder as an alternative.

Poor testing on this. I know it doesn't say suitable for Windows 7, but it's a little lazy.

When changing settings, run as Admin then it will save the changes. I wondered this when I first ran it, then give it a go as admin and it saved the prefs including using an ini file. HTH

Can anyone still help me with my previous question? How do I get the x86 version to play the things that x64 wont, without having to try in x64 and then run x86 when things fail. TBH I havent found anything yet, but it does say something on the 64bit tab about some thigs not working due to having to pay for a dll or something

MPC Homecinema is now available in 64 bits version for Windows Vista and the new Windows 7 (it should also work perfectly on Windows XP 64bit). Some functions have been removed, because they are not available in 64 bits yet: internal MPEG decoder and QuickTime are not supported, some "tricks" may not work because Microsoft Detour library is not available free for the 64 bits platform.

What are the removed functions?

I've heard people saying the new VLC is better than this - but how does MPC video and audio quality compare to WMP12??

VLC also plays subtitles by default? What do u guys think?

Have tried the new VLC, it pales into insignificance compared to this. In fact VLC still has the age old issue of pixelation when playing and jumping through files. As for comparison to WMP12, well I find this to be superior. That though is subjective, what I find better you may not, it is best to just try it and see, it only takes a few seconds to install and test :) Either way I am sure you will move over to this for good.

Personally I had GOM player as my default video player, I have now binned that and moved over to this.

i use it on win7 no problem but i never used a version with an installer

mpc-hc and ffdshow builds are available from http://www.xvidvideo.ru/

64bit users should install this http://haali.net/mkv/mkx.y.9.exe 64bit beta of haali media splitter its a better mkv splitter than mpc-hc's internal one

also if you have a recent nvidia card you should consider purchasing coreavc, its much more compatible than dxva