KoL

My cat sleeping on my iPhone. :p

3928479537_deca445c51.jpg

o0moonman0o
My cat sleeping on my iPhone. :p

3928479537_deca445c51.jpg

superb shot ;)

o0moonman0o

finally moved all my summer pics back to my desktop archieve.

3930256698_c076b682cc.jpg

3930297744_9a0eb34420.jpg

3930313844_a317b65076.jpg

3930334440_154c7f7c7b.jpg

3930591552_7964ab083c.jpg

3929811373_c6d7cd3b91.jpg

3929810795_a21d34490c.jpg

Argote

3921739480_bb1b5b7568.jpg

3923537891_ce866277bd.jpg

BajiRav

Nice shots KoL and moonman... I love how the whiteness shines through your shots. :)

o0moonman0o
Nice shots KoL and moonman... I love how the whiteness shines through your shots. :)

haha thx! i try to keep my pics clean at the least. Some black and whites.

3930298710_88141df1cb.jpg

3929518463_0be9a10541.jpg

3930298526_333bbc9fce.jpg

3930329356_310b747a76.jpg

3929518211_677747d3d1.jpg

3930082837_2f479e954a.jpg

3930174321_75e6216027.jpg

Boifido

Image stopped showing up again.... wtf

3933387542_1d8c3c1d8b.jpg

Bubbabyte
Image stopped showing up again.... wtf

3933387542_1d8c3c1d8b.jpg

Don't take my criticism the wrong way but i'm curious as to why you chose to edit the photo's this way. IMO this shot could have been nice with some bright green and rich blue sky, but it's been dulled out completely and it looks as if there is a spotlight on a ball of hay. I'm guessing it's some sort of HDR. I'm not trying to be mean so please don't take it personal, i'm just boggled as to why you chose to darken all the parts of the image that would make it pop.

Boifido
Don't take my criticism the wrong way but i'm curious as to why you chose to edit the photo's this way. IMO this shot could have been nice with some bright green and rich blue sky, but it's been dulled out completely and it looks as if there is a spotlight on a ball of hay. I'm guessing it's some sort of HDR. I'm not trying to be mean so please don't take it personal, i'm just boggled as to why you chose to darken all the parts of the image that would make it pop.

Better? I tend to get it right, and then process it a bit more lol, It could be that it's the middle of the night.

I love comments/criticism

3932837531_5c9e01da6d.jpg

mDagar

I agree with what Bubba is saying.

I would like to see what the original image looks like. From the looks of it, I would probably like the original better.

I understand you wanting to do some compositing, similar to the ones KoL does, and I understand that you have to start somewhere.

Don't stop, this one is better than the others. I feel like the lighting needs to be worked on. Overall, it looks a little Drab/Muddy. The treeline/skyline needs some work also. I don't want to sound condescending, I am by no means an expert photoshop'ist, but you'll get there with practice.

Just wondering... are you working with photos you have taken, or with some stock images from somewhere...?

Boifido
I agree with what Bubba is saying.

I would like to see what the original image looks like. From the looks of it, I would probably like the original better.

I understand you wanting to do some compositing, similar to the ones KoL does, and I understand that you have to start somewhere.

Don't stop, this one is better than the others. I feel like the lighting needs to be worked on. Overall, it looks a little Drab/Muddy. The treeline/skyline needs some work also. I don't want to sound condescending, I am by no means an expert photoshop'ist, but you'll get there with practice.

Just wondering... are you working with photos you have taken, or with some stock images from somewhere...?

These are all my photos, I took these today. I never use stock, I like the whole image to be "my" work. I'm trying to get practice on photoshop, there's so much to learn.

So you don't like the "Light" version either? Would you increase contrast and get blown out clouds? I'm wondering how to make it less muddy. Would taking off the multiply gaussian blur overlay help make it less "muddy"? (I still can't remember the name for that effect.)

I'll spend some more time on the treeline right now.

Edited by Boifido
mDagar

Sorry, we must have been posting around the same time. I was counting on my post being right under Bubbabyte's post :) Unfortunate coincidence.

I do prefer the 'Lighter' version. Much much better. I find the sky to be a little too purple tho.

Boifido
Sorry, we must have been posting around the same time. I was counting on my post being right under Bubbabyte's post :) Unfortunate coincidence.

I do prefer the 'Lighter' version. Much much better. I find the sky to be a little too purple tho.

Great, I'll un-purple-ize it a bit, and finish the trees. I'm sure there has to be a better way than layer mask and brush, but I haven't found it yet.

I tend to take my photos about one step to far though. I was about to save, and then I randomly added that dark layer on top :rolleyes:.

Before saving I should press ctrl+alt+z a few times. :laugh:

I do love -Kol's images though, I have a bunch printed in my room.

crazzy88ss

I feel like HDR is a phase a lot of people go through where they HDR everything. I know I sure did. It's really cool when you're first learning it. Then it's a tool in your bag of tricks you can use later on.

My current phase is off camera lights. Once I get a pretty good grasp on it I'll probably move onto something else.

mDagar

@Boifido: If you added that dark layer on top, try setting it to 'Overlay' and bring it down to 15% or something like that. Should make the sky and the colors pop more then just a black layer set to 15% alone.

@crazzy88ss: Like anything, good HDR has it's place. The over-processed looking HDR that a lot of people just pump though photomatix (or the like) I could do probably do without. Though, what Boifido is doing is more compositing than it is HRD i think.

crazzy88ss

close enough. It's still taking multiple exposures and putting into one.

*shrug*

Boifido
@Boifido: If you added that dark layer on top, try setting it to 'Overlay' and bring it down to 15% or something like that. Should make the sky and the colors pop more then just a black layer set to 15% alone.

@crazzy88ss: Like anything, good HDR has it's place. The over-processed looking HDR that a lot of people just pump though photomatix (or the like) I could do probably do without. Though, what Boifido is doing is more compositing than it is HRD i think.

Thanks for the tip. I still have to learn what all the different blending options in that dropdown box do. I'll seek out a tutorial tomorrow. There are many options!

Yea, It's not really hdr at all, mostly just since the hay bale one is made up of 25 images, I can set the correct shutter speed for each part of the bale/sky/grass/trees.

In fact, the set of 10 images(sky), and the set of 15(ground) images were taken less than 100 meters from each other. The sky to the left was much better. I figure starting with 2 main images is a good way to easy into composites that can contain 10's of seperate images.

The reason I make a "panorama" of everything is that our point and shoot camera has horrible noise close up. This way, the 15 images of the grass are far enough away that it looks okay from a pixel noise point of view.

I do have to admit, for about a week, about a half year-ish ago, I did tonnes of overprocessed HDR's. I didn't upload or show them to anyone, but I definitely caught the HDR fever :D

Edited by Boifido
KoL

Thanks for the comments guys but compared to you my photos are crap hehe. Love the photos in this thread. I need to keep learning.

Great, I'll un-purple-ize it a bit, and finish the trees. I'm sure there has to be a better way than layer mask and brush, but I haven't found it yet.

I tend to take my photos about one step to far though. I was about to save, and then I randomly added that dark layer on top :rolleyes:.

Before saving I should press ctrl+alt+z a few times. :laugh:

I do love -Kol's images though, I have a bunch printed in my room.

Cool :D