Explain your username

Laurë
Do you mind explaining 'Persephone', please? I've always been interested in what that meant :happy:
I'd be interested if this was something more meaningful then just a cool name, and a reference to greek mythology..

I first heard it in The Matrix and just liked the sound of it. Persephone is "Queen of the Underworld" in mythology, but I didn't really think about that when choosing.

scokem

Mine's part of my first and last names:

Scott Kempson

My brother came up with the idea of chopping parts of my name together when I needed an ID for xbox Live and so scokem was born :p I've stuck with it ever since and changed all my online IDs to be it too. My previous ID was Lil' Kempo because I'm the youngest of three brothers and to our friends when we were growing up, we were each known as Kempo. I think scokem is way better than that though and I was getting bored of it seeming like I was either little or young depending on how people interpreted the Lil' part!

Victor Rambo

I don't think I have to explain my username. ;)

guruparan

Mine is simple, its my name itself..

jonhapimp

cause i'm a pimp that's all you need to now

Growled

I woke up one morning fussing about things a bit (partly from hangover, partly from not being a morning person) and my girlfriend at the time (who called me her big old teddy bear) said, "you're being a bit growled this morning." I found it so amusing I started using it for my user name.

My real name is Rick.

BlackSteyrAug

Old username FleazZz. The name Flea was being used by the famous bassist from RHCP, so I added a Z, so I added 2 more Z's when I lost my old email. My new username BlackSteyrAug is a song by band Today is the Day.

Andrew

Relates to a time in my troubled teenage years.

petrossa

had a tsjech girlfriend. She called me that don't know why. Maybe it means something in tsjech

Minifig

It's my real name.. my middle and last initial. :)

I thought about changing it but Smeltn told me you guys wouldn't recognize me .. :/

Zoom7000

Hmmm, 12 years ago when I started to browse the net, it was just something I thought of at random, so I went about being "Zoom" until it wasn't available at another forum I tried to sign up on and then "7000" was the first number I liked that came up at the time. It's been "Zoom7000" since.

I have seen a few other Zoom7000's around the net though! :argue:

Maybe I should copyright it! Zoom7000?;))

Interestingly enough, "The Ankle Breaker" came about after me repeatedly using an Ankle Lock/Bar/Hook as my move of choice when doing MMA training back in the day!

mzta cody

Well, at the time I joined, I couldn't for the life of me think of a catchy username. I thought of this Windows-geared site where this guy posted some off-the-wall comments to articles, that were both funny to me as well as being almost incomprehensible. I think the guy's username was MonsterKody or MonstaKody or something. He always mentioned McDonalds or hamburgers inexplicably in his posts. Cracked me up. So I came up with a variation of that.

xpablo

Pablo is my nickname, the X as in XPablo, when XP was being released, since I was one of the first guys at work to upgrade my Win2k OS to XP.

People @ work, started calling me XPablo, today i'm still known as Pablo, as I work for a different company now.

Where i'm simply known by my real name Paul or Pablo.

PT 13

PT = What everybody calls me in real life, my first and last name initials

13 = I chose this number when I was an online gamer to give luck (and to have more than 2 chars in my nickname)

:)

Dogward

I never knew why I chosed this nickname... And then a friend of mine told me to spell it backwards... It scared me !

:)

Hell-In-A-Handbasket

Hell-In-A-Handbasket

as in the world is going there

metallithrax

Metallica Anthrax

2 of my fave bands

Dance.

:/ obsession with music? :D

bobeck

i buy my meth from nicole bobeck lol...jk it's a combo of 1st and last name

<--

Used to be called Jaysteddy but went away for a year (no access to internet, but plenty of porridge), came back, forgot logon details, made a new account, remembered logon details, switched back, changed name!

ADSfull

ADS are my first name middle name and last name, but also can be my first name middle name and second last name, bit sometimes is too short or somebody already have it so i added the "full" so people think i'm a seller xD

Ji@nBing

It's a Chinese food I got addicted to the 1st time I went to China. I used the @ instead of a to make it more "spiffy".

MrChainsaw

Well I think mine is clear enough.

JonathanVP

Its my name, middle, and last.

jafoman

JAFO was the "handle" I used on BBSes back in the day. I also ran one called "Blue Thunder BBS". It's a character from the movie / TV show. It was taken here so I added "man" to the end (no good reason).

Avatar shows what "Blue Thunder" is... And yeah, it was real.