[Insider Info] Xbox 360 Super Elite confirmed!

Time for some more insider info :p

So on the release of Forza 3 next month MS will be releasing a new version of the Xbox 360 with a 250GB hard drive, 2 wireless controllers and HDMI cable. Price is ?250.

Microsoft/retailers will announce the package sometime this week:))

Edit: tags added for teh lulz:pp

Edited by DrunknMunky

250GB? Smells like a counter to Sony 250GB :p Good move anyway, and a great bundle/price.

Where's the super duper important [insider Info] tag? :laugh:

That's a pretty good deal if you're new to the 360. It's a good competitor to the PS3 Slim. More than double the hard drive capacity, double the controllers, and it looks much better. If I were torn between those two, it'd be an easy choice. :p

It's not a straight conversion to dollars. Expect MS to price match the PS3 Slim (Y)

?250 is how much Sony are asking for the PS3 Slim. The Elite already costs ?200 in the UK. So for an extra ?50 you ga brand new AAA gameke>, extra controller and 130GB extra HDD :yeFANTASTIC/b> offer.

Edited by DrunknMunky

I think honestly microsoft removing the HD COMPONENT Cables from the current elite was a BIG MISTAKE. Thats what people hated about sony, pay $600-500-400-300 and you still did not get HD Cables, atleast with the Xbox, after the arcade, you got HD Cables. And now, No cables, they made a BIG Mistake and focused on being or matching sony then keeping what they had going for them.

Also, they dont make the Component Cables separate for retail, so I dont know what they were thinking if they expect people to buy HDMI. Some people dont have HDMI ports and still have Component.

Anyway, I hope its $400 because that sounds good for system, 250gb hd(for games on demand probably, good nonetheless) 2 Wireless Controllers and HDMI(not a big whoop).

Ugh... this is why I thought they should've upped the Pro's specs to the Elite's and then release this as the new Elite.

I think honestly microsoft removing the HD COMPONENT Cables from the current elite was a BIG MISTAKE. Thats what people hated about sony, pay $600-500-400-300 and you still did not get HD Cables, atleast with the Xbox, after the arcade, you got HD Cables. And now, No cables, they made a BIG Mistake and focused on being or matching sony then keeping what they had going for them.

Also, they dont make the Component Cables separate for retail, so I dont know what they were thinking if they expect people to buy HDMI. Some people dont have HDMI ports and still have Component.

Anyway, I hope its $400 because that sounds good for system, 250gb hd(for games on demand probably, good nonetheless) 2 Wireless Controllers and HDMI(not a big whoop).

Nubs say wut?

327030ps.gif

http://www.game.co.uk/Xbox360/Hardware/Acc...HD%20AV%20Cable

Well I don't tend to buy things in the UK with dollars.

Well I was talking more over to the US side :p :) . Since they're releasing 360 at that price in UK, I'm pretty sure the price here in US should be over $400.00. Arcade model cost $199+2 controllers $100+HDMI $5+Game $60+whatever left is for the HD(also I'm not sure how much discount you get with bundle). If the cost is under $450 then the HD price would be significantly lower than I expected.

No Forza 3 in bundle? :(

Strange move, I thought they'd be doing this to rival Sony's 250GB game bundling diarrhea.

Still with the separate hard drives costing an arm and leg this is still a great bundle for a first time buyer to save money in the long run.

Yeah sorry I jumped the gun on that part.

I really wouldn't be surprised to see it bundled though, or at least one of the AAA titles. Definitely one of the 1st party games anyway.

Will you stop creating confusion in this topic ffs!

It's not as simple as just converting the currency. If that were the case then the Elite would currently be ?180 here in the UKand it's not!!>

Just sit tight and wait for MS to announce the updates this week. Whose to even say they'll sell the 250GB stand alone?

Details are vague as my source is getting his details from someone else at a London retailers conference. He didn't mention anything about built in wireless, but seeing as the Canadians are already getting the wi-fi dongle bundled then there's a possibility I guess?

Will you stop creating confusion in this topic ffs!

Easy.....

I didn't wrote anything that crazy did I.

It's not as simple as just converting the currency. If that were the case then the Elite would currently be ?180 here in the UKand it's not!!>

There is what a difference of ?20 between the elites in US & UK.

Just sit tight and wait for MS to announce the updates this week. Whose to even say they'll sell the 250GB stand alone?

Then you could've waited to post the announcement.

Sorry about being rude:pint:t:hug:g: