[Insider Info] Xbox 360 Super Elite confirmed!

Your a NUB for not reading correctly. Here in the US, they dont sell it RETAIL. Like in STORES. Not online. Not everyone will buy cables ONLINE. Where I work, everyones been coming in lately looking for the cables. So before you reply, please do some research.

The fact is, even BESTBUY just got them. They never had them before this new bundle. So it shows you microsoft is slowly releasing it to stores but still. Stupid move to remove them. Should of just downgraded the elite with Component instead of HDMI.

Jeez, there is getting a point across, and then there is being rude, that was the latter.

hmm composite...not very nice of them to do that, but everyone's a bean counter these days.

and neo, what problems? this isn't a new launch model, it's just more Jaspers, and from experience, to paraphrase, that thing can outlast the Energizer bunny. I don't expect problems with the hard drive, those are just off the shelfers.

outlast the energizer bunny, yeah right. many a jasper is suffering the same death as the launch consoles.

outlast the energizer bunny, yeah right. many a jasper is suffering the same death as the launch consoles.

:huh: Where have you heard that?

Your a NUB for not reading correctly. Here in the US, they dont sell it RETAIL. Like in STORES. Not online. Not everyone will buy cables ONLINE. Where I work, everyones been coming in lately looking for the cables. So before you reply, please do some research.

The fact is, even BESTBUY just got them. They never had them before this new bundle. So it shows you microsoft is slowly releasing it to stores but still. Stupid move to remove them. Should of just downgraded the elite with Component instead of HDMI.

And I've followed the 360 before it was even released. The cables have been available since launch.

You do some research.

I don't care what your store supply is like, it doesn't mean they weren't available elsewhere. Either offline or not. Prior to this summer the cables wouldn't even have been in large demand as every 360 came with the cables in the box. What you're seeing at work and best buy is more availability of the cables, not an introduction of them.

It's not a straight conversion to dollars. Expect MS to price match the PS3 Slim (Y)

?250 is how much Sony are asking for the PS3 Slim. The Elite already costs ?200 in the UK. So for an extra ?50 you ga brand new AAA gameke>, extra controller and 130GB extra HDD :yeFANTASTIC/b> offer.

sorry but the blu ray drive makes it a winner for me! Xbox360 needs one and maybe they should open up the hard drive so you can get use your own hard drive! i own a xbox360, and lookin forward to getting a ps3 when the slim's come out!

Including a BR drive is still a possibility from MS, but not any time soon they've said.

And opening up the 360 to any HDD means they'll lose sales, so not very likely that'll happen.

PS3 Slim's are already out. They have been since last week.

Including a BR drive is still a possibility from MS, but not any time soon they've said.

And opening up the 360 to any HDD means they'll lose sales, so not very likely that'll happen.

PS3 Slim's are already out. They have been since last week.

dam i didnt notice though they were not due till the end of September... sweat Jesus i'm off to Game Station....

my small circle of friends, who, including myself, have dead or dying jaspers

That immediately contradicts your previous post:

Many doesn't mean your small circle of friends.

There haven't been any major stories of unreliable Jasper 360s, so for now, that's the end of that.

How many people are going to fill a 250gb HDD? It's easier to fill it on the PS3 cause you can copy your own content to it, but not on the 360! It's preposterous!

It's ironic who Microsoft wouldn't allow you to copy content to their HDDs cause it could lead to 'hacks' yet their console has been hackable for the last 3 years :p and the PS3 has the freedom and it's yet to even the slightest hackability :D

How many people are going to fill a 250gb HDD? It's easier to fill it on the PS3 cause you can copy your own content to it, but not on the 360! It's preposterous!

It's ironic who Microsoft wouldn't allow you to copy content to their HDDs cause it could lead to 'hacks' yet their console has been hackable for the last 3 years :p and the PS3 has the freedom and it's yet to even the slightest hackability :D

You can't copy music and videos to your 360 hard drive? :blink: You sure about that? I would check but I'd need to go behind the TV and pull out the ethernet...

And the 360 hasn't been hacked, only the DVD drive.

You can't copy music and videos to your 360 hard drive? :blink: You sure about that? I would check but I'd need to go behind the TV and pull out the ethernet...

And the 360 hasn't been hacked, only the DVD drive.

The ONLY thing you can do is rip CDs..that's all. Oh, you can stream from your PC but i think PS3 can do that too.

Also i meant 'hacked' in general. In my opinion, the best hack that can occur to a console is the ability to play copied games, THEN the other stuff (homebrew, media players etc)

SO Xbox loses :p

The only thing you can do is rip music from CDs and that's it. You can't copy videos over. You can stream music and videos from storage devices or over networks, but that's it.

EDIT: Damn, t0mbi beat me to it. :p

The ONLY thing you can do is rip CDs..that's all. Oh, you can stream from your PC but i think PS3 can do that too.

It can, but not ingame (and that's assuming you have a PS3 game that supports ingame music, few exist).

Also i meant 'hacked' in general. In my opinion, the best hack that can occur to a console is the ability to play copied games, THEN the other stuff (homebrew, media players etc)

By loses you mean 2nd place in the generation? Ok :p

You realise a huge factor in the success of winning a console generation is also the ability to pirate games on it. Obviously that isn't ever a design choice by the big wigs, but for gamers it's a deciding factor. Hell, iirc you don't own a PS3 yet yourself tombi, but yet you own a 360 and well, let's leave it at that ;)

Cases in point:

PS2

Nintendo DS

PS1

All 3 won their generations.

Just wait til the PS3 is "hacked". There will be a huge sales boom. I guarantee it.

Damn that sucks, why can't you even copy MP3s over? :/

I stream all my videos so I wouldn't really worry about that, but I guess if you were taking your hard drive to a friends it would be convenient to have some movies on it as well. The only balance there with the PS3 is even although you can copy music/videos from your PC/External drive to PS3 you'd have to take your whole console to a friends, not possible to put your hard drive in another PS3.

You realise a huge factor in the success of winning a console generation is also the ability to pirate games on it. Obviously that isn't ever a design choice by the big wigs, but for gamers it's a deciding factor. Hell, iirc you don't own a PS3 yet yourself tombi, but yet you own a 360 and well, let's leave it at that ;)

Cases in point:

PS2

Nintendo DS

PS1

Just wait til the PS3 is "hacked". There will be a huge sales boom. I guarantee it.

Surely the PSP is easier to hack than the DS? On the PSP, it's simply a case of installing custom firmware (unless you've got a fairly new version of the official firmware already installed, in which case, it's a different story :p ) and then you can download the games and stick them straight onto a memory stick.

Cases in point:

PS2

Nintendo DS

PS1

Yeah, it sure helped the Dreamcast!

I'm not sure they've ever actually given a reason, but no doubt they'd say it's down to the 360 having streaming abilities.

After all the Xbox was able to copy music to the HDD. It's not like they couldn't have done it with the 360..

@Kushan, it sure did. Remember I said "a huge factor", i.e one. :p It takes a lot more to win. Like some games to pirate to begin with for instance :p