[Insider Info] Xbox 360 Super Elite confirmed!

By loses you mean 2nd place in the generation? Ok :p

You realise a huge factor in the success of winning a console generation is also the ability to pirate games on it. Obviously that isn't ever a design choice by the big wigs, but for gamers it's a deciding factor. Hell, iirc you don't own a PS3 yet yourself tombi, but yet you own a 360 and well, let's leave it at that ;)

Cases in point:

PS2

Nintendo DS

PS1

All 3 won their generations.

Just wait til the PS3 is "hacked". There will be a huge sales boom. I guarantee it.

HAHA your right :D i say this as i wait for NFS Shift to 'arrive' from teh interwebz..meanwhile my PS3 sits all alone, with dust on it.. I'd love for it to be hackable like the PSP..one day my pretty..one day :p

I bought my PS3 in March 08, and i have GTAIV, MGS4, LBP and some other acronym game. Except for Uncharted 2, this baby is yet to impress me, but i have faith...

I sure hope this 250GB version means the 120GB gets a nice price cut.

I admit I jumped right to the last page to post btw, so if I missed something in the middle, sorry ahead of time.

Was just about to post about this in the MW2 thread...

Had this feeling it would end up being around 400 US.

But, the bigger question is, do I need another 360 that bad? :laugh:

Looks like this is to counter the Sony 250GB PS3 Slim that is coming out. Now with the regular Elite going up against the 120GB PS3 and the Super Elite going up against the soon to be actually announced 250GB PS3 w/a game also, its going to be an interesting holiday season. :D

51gj-m7xahl_ss350_.jpg41mxzmlysjl_ss350_.jpg

51uwabqusol_ss350_.jpg51g83fseg3l_ss350_.jpg

5149yhadjsl_ss350_.jpg

Image Source: DualShockers

Many of you will looks at these images and touch yourselves at the sexiness that you’re about to see: the Modern Warfare 2 Limited Edition Xbox 360. Everyone has been raving about the new exclusive bundle, but no one has yet to provide any images… until now. Ladies and gentlemen, feast your eyes on the Modern Warfare 2 Limited Edition Xbox 360.

Those of you who aren’t aware of the newly announced bundle will be glad to know a bit about what’s in the box. Erhem. First, you’ll be blessed with a copy of the standard edition of Modern Warfare 2; secondly, Microsoft will be providing you with a whopping 250GB hard drive for you to store all your Xbox 360 goodies; 2 black Xbox 360 wireless controllers; and let’s not forget the Limited Edition Xbox 360 Elite console with an exclusive outer design inspired by Modern Warfare 2. All the little nifty out-of-the-box things that any original Xbox 360 can do, this one can, obviously, also do.

The price tag for this baby is a ‘meager’ $399.99 and can be pre-ordered via Amazon.com. If you got the cash, I hate you. If you don’t, welcome to the club. If you’re biting your fingernails awaiting for the answer as to when this orgasmic limited edition console will be released, feast your eyes on this date: November 10, 2009. Whip out the KY, folks. We know you want to.

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Console-XXX...rd_i=xbox%20360

What's in the Box?

* Limited Edition Xbox 360 Console with exclusive Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Design

* Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Standard Edition (Rated "M" for Mature.)

* 250GB HD

* 2 Black Wireless Controllers

* 1 Black Xbox 360 Wired Headset

* 1 Ethernet Cable

* 1 Xbox 360 Composite A/V cable

* Free one month subscription to Xbox LIVE Gold (Xbox LIVE Silver subscription is included with console)

* Free Netflix trial offer

* HDMI cable not included.

** Netflix unlimited membership (sold separately) also required for Netflix instant streaming. See Netflix Terms of Use for details about Netflix service.

:no:

Like I said earlier...not a "Super Elite". Not even an Elite without Component or HDMI cables.

^ The pictures + the Quote is PURE AWESOMENESS. I have a early 06 console. While it is custom painted, It is VERY LOUD. Since microsoft cant replace it because of the custom job, they just try to repair it, what I dont understand is they never put in new fans. But anyway, I AM Definitely getting this. No way in hell do I give this up.

Plus I am a WAY BIGGER COD fan then Halo fan but still getting the LE for that. Now I have 5 controllers, time to trade 1 in plus games I dont play for this system.

Oh and btw, retail stores especially stores that just sell games(gamestop, ebgames, games(uk?, independent stores, etc) is gonna SUCK. On top of the 100+ NVG pre orders, now we have system pre orders.

But, ITS MINE! Screw NVGS that pre order will be canceled for this XD.

@HolyOne: im with you on that one. Time to put like 50-75 aside next few paychecks. Thank god pre ordering is possible, I love it, also, Holiday season THANK GOD. More hours = more monies = more happiness(for the workers who game haha).

Jasper is 65nm.

Like I said earlier...not a "Super Elite". Not even an Elite without Component or HDMI cables.

What's wrong with that? You can pick up a HDMI cable for like $5.

So the only way (apart from modding your own drive) to get a 250GB 360 is to buy that fugly MW2 one? :no:

So far, but if history is any indication, the 250 GB drive will be sold separately, and if we can use history as the price point reference it will be like three hundred bucks I am guessing. :rofl: Seriously I hope I am just kidding, but somehow putting a HD in that magic plastic encasing makes MS think they can charge way more for them.

So far, but if history is any indication, the 250 GB drive will be sold separately, and if we can use history as the price point reference it will be like three hundred bucks I am guessing. :rofl: Seriously I hope I am just kidding, but somehow putting a HD in that magic plastic encasing makes MS think they can charge way more for them.

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=824260