[Insider Info] Xbox 360 Super Elite confirmed!

yeah I have to say a 250gig HD is a bit excessive, but also you gotta remember, we are seeing more and more digital distribution, and with the new upcoming features of photo's in games, posting on twitter/facebook, etc... I wouldn't be surprised this is just Microsoft's way of getting ready for more and more features to be added and more digital content to download.

yeah I have to say a 250gig HD is a bit excessive, but also you gotta remember, we are seeing more and more digital distribution, and with the new upcoming features of photo's in games, posting on twitter/facebook, etc... I wouldn't be surprised this is just Microsoft's way of getting ready for more and more features to be added and more digital content to download.

You can never have enough space :p I know for certain that I will be getting one of these bad boys because I want HDMI, my current console's dvd tray is screwed (never ejects correctly) since MS had it back after my 3rd RRoD and the extra space is always a welcome - won't have to pick and choose so much as to what games to install like I do on my 120GB! Hopefully it'll run quieter and cooler than my current one too and shut down straight away rather than going into low power mode with the fans blasting away for a few minutes which is something else my current one has been doing since I got it back :angry:

Anyways - thanks for the heads up DM (Y)

it's safe to assume this one will be the new $399 model in the US. it's not a bad deal overall, again as said above, nice offer for those looking for a new 360. With Obama going on about the recession being over (maybe on Penn Ave), this may be a good bounce-back model for many people.

And doesn't the Elite come with component cables? Those are "HD" aren't they?

You can never have enough space :p I know for certain that I will be getting one of these bad boys because I want HDMI, my current console's dvd tray is screwed (never ejects correctly) since MS had it back after my 3rd RRoD and the extra space is always a welcome - won't have to pick and choose so much as to what games to install like I do on my 120GB! Hopefully it'll run quieter and cooler than my current one too and shut down straight away rather than going into low power mode with the fans blasting away for a few minutes which is something else my current one has been doing since I got it back :angry:

Anyways - thanks for the heads up DM (Y)

Don't buy it right away, let the first stock sell out. And after they fix the problems with those batch, then buy it. (Speaking from experience :laugh:)

And doesn't the Elite come with component cables? Those are "HD" aren't they?

I don't think they do anymore. They only bundle the composite cables.

hmm composite...not very nice of them to do that, but everyone's a bean counter these days.

and neo, what problems? this isn't a new launch model, it's just more Jaspers, and from experience, to paraphrase, that thing can outlast the Energizer bunny. I don't expect problems with the hard drive, those are just off the shelfers.

Your a NUB for not reading correctly. Here in the US, they dont sell it RETAIL. Like in STORES. Not online. Not everyone will buy cables ONLINE. Where I work, everyones been coming in lately looking for the cables. So before you reply, please do some research.

The fact is, even BESTBUY just got them. They never had them before this new bundle. So it shows you microsoft is slowly releasing it to stores but still. Stupid move to remove them. Should of just downgraded the elite with Component instead of HDMI.

Your a NUB for not reading correctly. Here in the US, they dont sell it RETAIL. Like in STORES. Not online. Not everyone will buy cables ONLINE. Where I work, everyones been coming in lately looking for the cables. So before you reply, please do some research.

The fact is, even BESTBUY just got them. They never had them before this new bundle. So it shows you microsoft is slowly releasing it to stores but still. Stupid move to remove them. Should of just downgraded the elite with Component instead of HDMI.

I find that hard to beleive pal. I work in game (UKs version of gamestop/eb games) and we have sold them since day 1.

Buy a standard 360 and hand-install a 1TB hard drive?

Yes, if only it was that simple. At the moment you can only fit your own 120GB drive and even then it only works with certain models and needs an app to flash the drive. If you use any compatible drive that's over 120GB, the 360 will only see it as 120GB anyway. I imagine when the 250GB HDs are out a copy of the HDDSS.bin will leak and you'll be able to flash your own 250GB too, but any larger just won't be recognised.

They've definately sold the component cables seperately since release day, in the UK at least.

Don't see why any other region should be different seeing as the Core shipped with composite cables, and with no HDMI connection how would you get a HD picture?

At launch I had to get a core system since the Pros were scarce and I bought component AV cables separately. A couple years later I went with a friend (to Best Buy, I think) and he picked up a set there too. So.... yeah, they've been selling them.