[Official] GTA4 - The Ballad of Gay Tony

I think getting the DLCs over Live is better than Episodes From Liberty City because the DLCs have GTA IV's music while Episodes From Liberty City has no GTA IV music but has Vice City FM and two other stations.

what?

what?

There is no GTA IV music on the Episodes From Liberty City disc because Rockstar couldn't relicense the music apparently. The DLCs off Live don't have this problem since you need GTA IV to play them and they aren't standalone.

There is no GTA IV music on the Episodes From Liberty City disc because Rockstar couldn't relicense the music apparently. The DLCs off Live don't have this problem since you need GTA IV to play them and they aren't standalone.

Where did you hear that? The GTA IV music IS present on the Episodes From Liberty City disc.

Well there is :p

Actually I definitely do notice some of the stations that were in GTA IV are no longer in BOGT, in particular the 90's Hip Hop one which I loved, so maybe it is some music could not be licensed again? Perhaps Liberty City is just changing with the times and radio is dying. LOL They should have made it so you could go to a store and or steal some cars that have Satellite radio installed. :laugh:

Are the clothing stores still in this? I haven't been able to find it. Haven't played GTA4 since it originally came out, so I don't remember where they are though. I remember there being one near the gun shop in Chinatown.

Are the clothing stores still in this? I haven't been able to find it. Haven't played GTA4 since it originally came out, so I don't remember where they are though. I remember there being one near the gun shop in Chinatown.

I have not tried it yet myself, but I remember that store you mean and it was a few blocks south of Nikos safehouse in that area and just a block or two in, if I recall correctly it was by the nice car dealer which I just reminded myself, gotta go jack a nice car soon from the show room.

I tried going into Perseus lower manhatten but couldnt get in :s

I tried going into Perseus lower manhatten but couldnt get in :s

Yeah, I can't seem to find the dealership either. Seems there are lots of places missing from the original. Lame. I'm using the disk. I dunno if it's different with the DLC.

I just noticed that Max Calavera (of Sepultura, Soulfly) is the host of L.C.H.C. AWESOME!!!

Yeah, I can't seem to find the dealership either. Seems there are lots of places missing from the original. Lame. I'm using the disk. I dunno if it's different with the DLC.

I just noticed that Max Calavera (of Sepultura, Soulfly) is the host of L.C.H.C. AWESOME!!!

Yep I heard his voice and was like wait a minute! Thats Max!

And I took am using the Liberty City disk, so maybe that is it?

I think they left out some of the original's stations and music because there's so much new music, it wouldn't fit on the disc. oh, and you can only change clothes in your apartment, there are about 10 sets available.

I finished Lost & Damned yesterday & i must say that i enjoyed it thoroughly. I am going to play it for anotehr day or two before i move on to Ballad of Gay Tony.

I liked L&D more than GTA IV so im expecting an even better experience with Gay Tony ( in the most platonic of senses ) . ill finish this 7 off i shall be with Modern Warfare 2 . Woohoo !!

Just finished Gay Tony here. I felt it was a bit short but the story is still great and i enjoyed it. I agree with the reviews saying it was a nice way to leave Liberty City. Now that i am done with the story. I am just going to go get those side achievement .

wow, thats cool

how many gb is it? may be better if i buy it as dlc

Hi!

I'm interested in knowing how big the DLC is too.

Also, if you delete DLC can you re-download it later? If not, is there anyway of backing up DLC?

I think Gay Tony is great, but an annoying this is if you bought it on the disc then when you go back to play GTA IV (on the disc) it says your autosave is for DLC that you don't have inserted and forces you to start a new game, then you have to load your save.

• 2 weeks later...

Aaah finished Gay Tony, & now i feel sad that the entire Liberty City experience is over. Nice game the missions were truly larger than life though they could have given a better introduction to the game like they gave one to Lost & Damned.

IMO.

Lost & Damned > Gay Tony > GTA IV

3 Cheers for the great work that Rockstar has done. Gonna Play MW2 & then AC2 , afterwards i shall feed my thirst for blood & gore with Manhunt 2 on the PC.

I feel that it shall be an interesting winter season for me.

Can you unlock all the (relevant) GTA4 achievements in TboGT? I just got One Man Army in TboGT (I had used cheats in GTA4 not realising at the time it blocked it) and was thinking of getting a few more. Chain Reaction (blow up 10 cars in 10 seconds) should be really easy with the Buzzard :)

Damn I hope they release the DLC for the PS3 in a year or so... It sucks that i'm missing out on playing these just because my console of choice is not a Xbox 360 :\

Damn I hope they release the DLC for the PS3 in a year or so... It sucks that i'm missing out on playing these just because my console of choice is not a Xbox 360 :\

Suck it up and buy a 360 if you want to play The Lost and the Damned / Ballad of Gay Tony, like xbox owners who wanted to play Liberty City and Vice City stories which was exclusive to the PSP and Playstation 2 had to.

Can you unlock all the (relevant) GTA4 achievements in TboGT? I just got One Man Army in TboGT (I had used cheats in GTA4 not realising at the time it blocked it) and was thinking of getting a few more. Chain Reaction (blow up 10 cars in 10 seconds) should be really easy with the Buzzard :)

Really, the chain reaction achievment would be REALLY easy to achieve in TBoGT with the sticky bombs

I been thinking of that.

The DLCs will make their way to PC at least and the evidence is the achievements for Lost & The Damned that was added in the latest GTA IV PC patch. Since they will be on PC, the chances are very good for PS3.