MAG Beta

My best guess is so they can load up the servers with as many players simultaneously.

Except that the times are 5pm to 8pm GMT, and 12am to 5am GMT. The first one makes sense, but the second? :s

Except that the times are 5pm to 8pm GMT, and 12am to 5am GMT. The first one makes sense, but the second? :s

It'll be based around giving both the UK and America decent times.

5 to 8pm is beneficial for us, works finished, most people will get a game, but that's around 12pm-3pm American, people at work. 12am however is around 7pm American time for people when they're home from work.

Yes I know times vary across states, just an example.

It'll be based around giving both the UK and America decent times.

5 to 8pm is beneficial for us, works finished, most people will get a game, but that's around 12pm-3pm American, people at work. 12am however is around 7pm American time for people when they're home from work.

Yes I know times vary across states, just an example.

Ahh I thought it was a Europe only beta, nevermind!

possible to create a second profile in the beta or start again? i want to check out the valor and sver weapons but cant see how to do it
Delete your character before logging in I believe, or just delete your save data.

Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer will probably annihilate the userbase for this.

Yeah, I thought that. I would have thought that it would have made more sense to release this later in the year, after COD has died down a little bit.

Yeah, I thought that. I would have thought that it would have made more sense to release this later in the year, after COD has died down a little bit.

Well it's not out till the end of January so there is a little time i suppose!

It's more likely to attract the current Socom crowd than those playing COD4/WaW, you'll see lots of clans making their ways into MAG.

With Zipper I expect competitions, ladders, and fairly deep clan support.

Won't be as populated as COD, but it's a different kettle of fish in terms of play style from COD.

I'll probably still pick Call of Duty up as it also has a story mode and MAG costs $70 for online only :crazy:

WHAT?

That's ?44 for online only! Jesus! Battlefield 1943 was only a tenner!

BF1943 had 3 weapons, 3 vehicles, 3 maps

Im sure MAG is much more than that :p

But that doesn't justify the ?45 price tag.

Actually he deals in Canadian dollar so ?40:pp

However Sniper where are you getting that price from? I was sure they'd do a full RRP with headset for normal price and the game only a bit cheaper. Maybe I'm wrong!

• 2 weeks later...

Patch 1.22 is up

- Remove Infantry Gate from Domination mission primary objective areas

- We have alternate gate behavior on the way, but wanted to get this in for quick testing

- Update Domination gametype primary objective score-bleed

- Lower initial spawn times for attackers and defenders for all gametypes

- Update Major/Minor victory and loss scoring and conditions for all gametypes

- Tune Shadow War scoring and win/loss increments

- Fixes log-in issues if user has a large "block list"

- Several server stability fixes

- Download tuning and fixes

- The user is now able to create a character after deleting a character that is a clan leader

Edited by Audioboxer

I've not played this for ages now. It's OK...But Battlefield 1943 has drawn me back for more.

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty big update,

This morning we released a new MAG Public Beta update. The new MAG Public Beta update includes a new PSN Title update (version 1.30) and new game data. This new MAG Public Beta release includes over 8,000 updates and fixes, too many to list in detail. You can start downloading it now to have it ready for when the servers open at 10:00 a.m. PDT.

4033185381_9ca6e7a997.jpg

Some of the patch highlights are:

- Framerate improvements in all environments

- Vote/ Kick implemented

- Art and lighting updates to all levels

- Art updates to weapons, vehicles and objects

- Animation improvement and updates

- Client patching improvements

- Design tuning on all environments (attacker/defender, out of bounds, sightlines, routing…)

- Tuned all skills (skill point expense, skill trees, skill effects)

- Tuning pass on experience rewarded for all actions (resuscitate, heal other, destroy turret, destroy motor pool….)

- Tuning pass on player & leadership experience progressions

- Full audio tuning pass

- Bunker, APC, and Spawn camera adjustments

- Lowered initial spawn times for attackers and defenders for all gametypes

- Update Major/Minor victory and loss percentages and conditions for all gametypes

- Updated Domination gametype scoring values

- Improved weapon feel and hit feedback

A lot of the changes are based directly on feedback from the MAG Public Beta community. Please keep this feedback coming, it really helps us improve the title.

If you are not yet a part of the MAG Public Beta there is still time. If you pre-order MAG at GameStop in the US or EB Games in Canada you receive access to the MAG Public Beta. And remember, from November 9th until November 20th the only way to access the MAG Public Beta in North America is to pre-order MAG.

We look forward to seeing you in battle.

Source: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/10/mag...a-update-v1-30/