Neowin Digital Gallery

I'm not a fan of the Photoshop Lens Flare. That needs a little work.

Yea, I was doing that late night thing I always do where I overprocess it, as I've now just done with the below picture. Thank god I save the image before I flatten it :)

Now it's in use with this picture without the lens flare, mercifully.

I need tips on making the hay bale look more natural [perspective wise, and blending with the grass, and shadows], and anything about changing the overall tone of the image.

3996890397_b83ac9738f_b.jpg

Yea, I was doing that late night thing I always do where I overprocess it, as I've now just done with the below picture. Thank god I save the image before I flatten it :)

Now it's in use with this picture without the lens flare, mercifully.

I need tips on making the hay bale look more natural [perspective wise, and blending with the grass, and shadows], and anything about changing the overall tone of the image.

<snip>

I think the hay bale will look out of place in a green field however you put it. How many images are you merging there?

I just looked at my photo archive (have the last 7 years images backed up on like three hard drives - lesson learned after losing about 300 images from 2002/2003 a couple years back) and it turns out that in almost every year September and October are the months when I take close to zero photos (not counting the copious amounts I take during work obviously).

So with that in mind and after a poor Sept 09 I'm endeavoring to build up my October 09 folder. This weeks theme (or attempt at a theme) is HDR.

I'm no expert at HDR so it's all learning and some images might not be a standard some are up to but I'm trying lol.

Any comments or tips on HDR would be appreciated.

Cheers

Malc

I like those :). Did you use photoshop, photomatix or something else? Also are those from single RAW?

I like those :). Did you use photoshop, photomatix or something else? Also are those from single RAW?

Photomatix for the tone mapping. I can't get a good result through photoshop for some reason.

And the images area jpgs (3-5) for each tonemapped image. I would normally try to use RAW but was using the my work camera - Fuji S5Pro and we're provided only with a maximum of (very slow) 512mb CF cards as we have to burn to cd when complete at a job. So I used high quality jpg so that I wouldn't run out of sapce before I finished taking the pics (only had one card to hand)

My friend's 2nd gen iPod Touch. The picture was taken with a Canon EOS 40D + 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM lens.

3997144845_3307e77533.jpg

Click for larger version...

This one was taken with a Canon EOS 450D + 50mm f/1.8 lens.

3997905368_7111203d6a.jpg

Click for larger version...

Was down the park today with the wee man and took a few shots including these two:

4001029262_343480664c.jpg

though I think this is a little OE

4000265359_79e8a7cd77.jpg

and this one showcasing the intellect and tolerance of our local skaters. Although to be fair this will have been carried out by the moronic minority - I'm fairly certain (not 100% mind you) that the majority of these ragamuffins do actually attend some sort of educational establishment. Then again "Grafiti"!

And a re-up. This is one of the images I used for a previous HDR attempt. I quite like the disc of the sun peeking through the trees even though the image is horrendously underexposed for a single image:

4001026884_fc5a1034df.jpg

Cheers

Malc

My friend's 2nd gen iPod Touch. The picture was taken with a Canon EOS 40D + 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM lens.

3997144845_3307e77533.jpg

I think it would look better if the entire iPod was focused.

I think the hay bale will look out of place in a green field however you put it. How many images are you merging there?

I just thought I needed something in the foreground to give weight to the image. The funny thing is, all 3 images were taken at the exact same location. The only difference is the direction the camera was pointed in. I need to get a different hay bale at the very least, that one was taken from my completed harvest field 1. For some retarted reason I decided to delete the unprocessed hay bale pictures I took that day. I never delete my photos, so I have no idea what was going through my head.