Neowin Digital Gallery

I love the baby giraffe! :) Pretty darn cute. Was that at the zoo?

As others have pointed out, it is not actually a giraffe. I'm pretty sure it's some kind of deer and it was resting in my school campus (I study in a university called Tecnol?gico de Monterrey [aka ITESM] in Monterrey, M?xico).

Now, on to more photos:

This is inside one of the Microsoft buildings in Redmond, WA, click for more info.

4008884455_0d17fdbf2e.jpg

These 2 are on a major Avenue that passes outside my school (also click for more info):

4011932040_2ca9779f76.jpg

4012314225_5ef87725cc.jpg

Adding some more:

4014570794_c77bb7b5df.jpg

4016425976_c0cbbc96e6.jpg

BTW, Does anyone know any good settings to convert to B&W, I found Lightroom's presets to give pretty poor results and moved some stuff but I'm still not 100% satisfied.

I went back and had a look at some older photos I took, thought I could bring them to life with a little Photoshop'ing.

I thought I would try to replicate a Holga/Lomo kind of look with this one.

I have never shot Holga/Lomo, so I don't know,... first hand, when they actually look like :)

I guess it looks... interesting, at least... :)

4020174127_d4d5898126.jpg

Was up in Fort William for a couple of days this week. Took a number of snaps.

These ones are taken at Glen Nevis range (Steall Falls to be exact). The sun was being a little bitch hiding behind the mountain and causing a shadow akin to a global terminator so I whipped out the camera for some bracketed exposures and combined the images into HDRs.

4020960410_11bc90472c.jpg

4020963564_db718e673d.jpg

4020967490_37f7531df9.jpg

pity about the blending of the sky in this one - still looks not bad though.

I think they look quite cool - I'm think getting a little better at this tone mapping stuff - HDR tips/comments welcome as ever.

I have loads more images from the couple of days I was up there 19 of which I have processed for "arty-ness" to be posted to flickr but am goni bleed them on instead of my usual punting them all on at the same time. Put to many up and only the front page ones get looked at - know what I mean.

Cheers

Malc

Was up in Fort William for a couple of days this week. Took a number of snaps.

These ones are taken at Glen Nevis range (Steall Falls to be exact). The sun was being a little bitch hiding behind the mountain and causing a shadow akin to a global terminator so I whipped out the camera for some bracketed exposures and combined the images into HDRs.

<Images snipped>

pity about the blending of the sky in this one - still looks not bad though.

I think they look quite cool - I'm think getting a little better at this tone mapping stuff - HDR tips/comments welcome as ever.

I have loads more images from the couple of days I was up there 19 of which I have processed for "arty-ness" to be posted to flickr but am goni bleed them on instead of my usual punting them all on at the same time. Put to many up and only the front page ones get looked at - know what I mean.

Cheers

Malc

For the most part I like them, but the HDR halos around the mountains is too much. It kind of overpowers the images.

Great stuff everybody. Haven't done much personal photography recently, and the stuff I have taken isn't really suitable for sharing :(

going to have to go out and take some stuff!

For the most part I like them, but the HDR halos around the mountains is too much. It kind of overpowers the images.

I think that's because I did these hand held so I was adjusting exposure quickly a couple of stops here a couple of stops there without really following the normal HDR capture process so that I could keep a reasonable position to allow the images to be merged.

I'm on the D40 and it doesn't have auto bracketing you see...

There may be a method for cleaning out those "halos" but I'm not that familiar with photomatix yet to do so.

It's photomatix. It generally produces quite unnatural tonemapped images with halo-artefacts. The only way to properly compress the dynamic range of a photograph is to use bracketed exposures, and do it yourself by hand in ACR/Photoshop with layers and blending. Which is slow :(

It's photomatix. It generally produces quite unnatural tonemapped images with halo-artefacts. The only way to properly compress the dynamic range of a photograph is to use bracketed exposures, and do it yourself by hand in ACR/Photoshop with layers and blending. Which is slow :(

Yep, and unless there is money in it I can't see me doing that lol. Still I reckon a GradND filter might have done the trick whilst shooting to get even tones from sky to ground - just wish I could justify forking out the cash for one!

More Fort William updates from me. No HDR this time but I have been playing about with lightroom processing. I have access now to Colo(u)r Efex pro and Topaz but keep forgetting to use it. Maybe next time.

anyways:

4023106801_e91faaf888_b.jpg

4023109823_447511f9be_b.jpg

4023115001_09e4fa5353_b.jpg

4023878174_270bf72e3e_b.jpg

4023124223_81d0de9a6f.jpg

4023886954_6d6f470471_b.jpg

Think I also did pretty well with the titles of some of these - not my best work (titles wise I mean) but getting back to form lol.

Malc