Neowin Digital Gallery

More Fort William updates from me. No HDR this time but I have been playing about with lightroom processing. I have access now to Colo(u)r Efex pro and Topaz but keep forgetting to use it. Maybe next time.

anyways:

<snipped>

<snipped>

<snipped>

<snipped>

<snipped>

<snipped>

Think I also did pretty well with the titles of some of these - not my best work (titles wise I mean) but getting back to form lol.

Malc

I like the latest ones. I kinda felt like some of your shots were lacking a little PP... : )

Though, I'm one of those people that likes to Post Process, probably, a little too much...?

I have Silver Efex Pro. And I really like it. Might give Colour Efex a go... Though, I probably have a little too many steps in my workflow as it is : )

I know what you mean about the Titles. I hate naming my images on flickr, but I don't like leaving them with the name that Lightroom gives them when I export them : )

some more Fort William shots - light on the processing this time but still look quite good:

4026739623_44e67f8e93_b.jpg

4026744921_82b71c1fd1_b.jpg

4026748913_491401f625.jpg

This is my favorite of this little batch - I'll not bore you why here but a little detail is written into the flickr post.

4026753583_2eb10721aa_b.jpg

Cheers

Malc

More Fort William updates from me. No HDR this time but I have been playing about with lightroom processing. I have access now to Colo(u)r Efex pro and Topaz but keep forgetting to use it. Maybe next time.

anyways:

4023106801_e91faaf888_b.jpg

Think I also did pretty well with the titles of some of these - not my best work (titles wise I mean) but getting back to form lol.

Malc

Absolutely love this shot, and the tone you've applied is bang-on perfect. I'd give it a little bit more treatment in ACR/LR, see if you can bring out the sky a bit more without affecting the rest of the image (graduated filter wth brightness down should do it).

Absolutely love this shot, and the tone you've applied is bang-on perfect. I'd give it a little bit more treatment in ACR/LR, see if you can bring out the sky a bit more without affecting the rest of the image (graduated filter wth brightness down should do it).

Glad you like.

It's lightroom I have. I might give that a go though I'm not that expert with it just yet. If I get a result I'll post here (but not flickr, no point saturating with duplicate images)

Cheers

Hey guys, I really want your opinion on this (either here, on Flickr, or both ;)), I got it when playing around with Black & White settings in Lightroom and I think it looks pretty cool, feel free to critique.

4026553742_35950e9488.jpg

which is a modification of this photo I had posted before:

3628520098_d566f6696d.jpg

Hey guys, I really want your opinion on this (either here, on Flickr, or both ;)), I got it when playing around with Black & White settings in Lightroom and I think it looks pretty cool, feel free to critique.

which is a modification of this photo I had posted before:

I like the crop and the extreme b/w conversion (the white building on that black sky is cool) but I do not like the huge light flare in the middle. Maybe if you could further crop the flare into a third but I doubt it.

So I like the processing - you should post the preset ;) - but the flare kills the image imo

Glad you like.

It's lightroom I have. I might give that a go though I'm not that expert with it just yet. If I get a result I'll post here (but not flickr, no point saturating with duplicate images)

Cheers

Nice :).

Fortunately, as a RAW editor, Photoshop's ACR (Adobe Camera RAW) and Lightroom are pretty much exactly the same edit module. They update them side by side and they do the same thing in the same way. Can even swap presets between them with a little bit of work :)

More shots:

This was taken with a Canon Powershot SD750 and I used Lightroom's B&W - High Contrast preset:

4029146599_a1b4d73198.jpg

These 2 were shot with a Sony Alpha A200

This one is outside the building I was an intern in this summer (Microsoft Building 16):

4030790150_37a15fa18f.jpg

This one was on a road trip to Oregon:

4030835323_e0c6f94908.jpg

You may notice that all 3 shots are of wildly different things, BTW.

More shots:

This one was on a road trip to Oregon:

4030835323_e0c6f94908.jpg

That's a cool picture. Weird [the mist] but cool.

Here are the last of my shots from Fort William.

4031143583_8361b5d27d_b.jpg

4031897690_1039279993.jpg

4031899420_e5d4372e64_b.jpg

4031148501_3762f9fb54.jpg

4031902646_cb9b7b14ce_b.jpg

That's probably it for me for the month but we'll see. At least now my archive has images taken in October at least once in the last 7 years!

Malc

Two posts in a row by me. Different pictures this time though ;)

I would have edited them into my other post, but too much time had passed. I wasn't able to edit my old post anymore.

4036447318_d5ee725fde.jpg

4036448338_ccf54bdcb9.jpg

Autumn_in_my_neighborhood__by_AndrewDBarker.jpg

Taken from my front porch. My neighborhood is called the Oaks for the sheer fact that there are so many Oak trees around the neighborhood.

Taken with my cellphone camera, but, hey I think it turned out pretty well. :happy:.

Great shots everyone!

God I'm looking forward to posting some shots in here next month! My 350D has been redundant and I just bought a Sanyo HD2000 Dual Camera to take with me to Las Vegas on 7th November. Bought 2x 16GB SDHC Cards as well so going to be shooting alot of HD Video and Photos (8MP).

Didn't fancy taking my Canon 350D, Im there to go play Poker and Clubbing, so the HD2000 is small enough to have in my pocket!

Keep up the good work everyone and I look forward to November :D

4038774378_3d59c3b3e7_b.jpg

4044282204_7a04f39245.jpg

I had an all access pass for the bring me the horizon and a day to remember gig in manchester and was shooting from the photo pit and backstage and also on stage, was good times chilled with all the guys before and after the gig.

This weekend I went to the city of Quer?taro, M?xico to participate in the Mexico & Central America Regional ACM-ICPC. We did good but my team might not reach the world finals like last year I did get some nice photos though, here's two of them:

4044515174_8c97259289.jpg

4045851736_45306c7af6.jpg

those are some cool lamps !

@ argote ACM-ICPC. ?? love the reflection in the second one

@Jordan. Very nice composition on the first one! + you can't go wrong with a day to remember !:pp :punk::