Media player for W7

SOMETHING SHOCKING JUST HAPPENED! The MKV trouble I was having in MPC-HC X64 is miraculously solved in MPC-HC X86! Now I can play everything fine. Warning to people with X64 Windows 7:

Don't install MPC-HC X64! Install the X86 edition.

I think in order to make use of DXVA (GPU accelerated decoding), you must use the x64 version on a x64 Windows. Not sure though/

+0sm3l, do you have MPC-HC X86 installed in your Windows 7 X64? If yes, tell me does the video play fine? I'm having a problem. Although the MKV is now playing fine, but every video now starts in fullscreen and I can't browse the time sliders anymore. Damn! Problems keep on coming for me!

OK, guys. Found out what the problem was. For some MKVs to play, I have to check the "Matroska" check box in the "Internal Filters" in MPC-HC X64 options. I think we need to check some and uncheck some stuff there to get optimum results and play every file. Can anyone of you who has had no problems in playing any AVI/MKV so far share their Internal Filters settings with us so we can customize MPC-HC as well? Thanks in advance.

So you get DXVA with the 32bit version? Cheers, did not know that. But I remember there was a reason to use the 64bit version. Surround perhaps? I never really used MPC-HC so I'm not expert, but I remember on another forum, someone was having some issues, and the conclusion was to use the 64bit version. I don't remember what the issue was... :laugh:

Let me see if I find the thread on that forum. :)

I am using Zune 4.0 PC Software for Audio and MPC Home Cinema 32 bits for video.

Zune has an amazing output for my Magnat speakers. Way better than WMP