Police: Dad Shoots Teen Caught Having Sex with Daughter

APOPKA, FL -- A teenager was shot four times after he was caught having sex with the shooter's daughter, police said.

Officials said the 16-year-old girl's stepfather walked into the girl's bedroom and saw her having sex with her boyfriend. That's when Wade Edwards closed the door to load a gun and then fired at the boy, police said.

"The stepfather walked up, brandished the handgun in a threatening manner and opened fire," a police officer said.

The boy, 18-year-old Julian Harp, limped out to the front yard and called 911. Police said Edwards also called 911 and confessed to the shooting.

Investigators said it was one of the most severe crimes of passion that they've worked.

"In 13 years, I've never heard anything like this happening in this area," one investigator said.

Neighbors said Edwards may have "overreacted" but said they understood that he wanted to protect his daughter.

"It's a sad story, but I would do anything to protect my daughter," said neighbor Sean Gibbons.

Harp was in the hospital Thursday night recovering from the gunshot wounds, police said.

Source and Video

:laugh:

Reminds me of the movie clueless where the father tells the guy she is leaving the house with "I've got a gun and a shovel, and I know how to use both" (or something like that)

I guess "someone" got a shot off. sorry bad humor lol

but in reality, I'm a dad of 2 daughters. So I stand up for the father. it's hard trying to help keep your daughters innocence

yes......an adult male can do anything in the name of "protecting daughter"....

and yet general public seems more tolerant to this behavior.

:rolleyes:

He should of used protection... :rofl:

:&: Ba dmp psh :&:

Anyways, I'm a father of two daughters and I can understand where the father is coming from, but Damn talk about overreacting! You gotta let go sometime!

I don't understand where the father is coming from. I would've understood if he punched the kid or something.. I can see the father being upset in such a way.

But shooting the guy multiple times? He was NOT raping her. The girl obviously was enjoying the ****. Unjustified in every way.

I guess "someone" got a shot off. sorry bad humor lol

but in reality, I'm a dad of 2 daughters. So I stand up for the father. it's hard trying to help keep your daughters innocence

Sorry dude, can't go there. I, too, am a dad with 2 daughters, so I kind of get where you're going, but if you think you're protecting your daughter's "innocence" by shooting her boyfriend when she has sex with him, I've got news for you: that train has already left the station.

Sure, I'd be ****ed, too, but this kind of situation sort of underlines my problem with guns to begin with: there's an awful lot of situations where a "good guy" becomes a "bad guy" in the blink of an eye out of sheer impulse.

@Chris: While that might be true, its not ALWAYS the guy.

Im 19 and a virgin and ive been with my gf over year and half now, yet nothing has happened. Like i said, not always the guy. So dont jump the gun.

Sorry dude, can't go there. I, too, am a dad with 2 daughters, so I kind of get where you're going, but if you think you're protecting your daughter's "innocence" by shooting her boyfriend when she has sex with him, I've got news for you: that train has already left the station.

Sure, I'd be ****ed, too, but this kind of situation sort of underlines my problem with guns to begin with: there's an awful lot of situations where a "good guy" becomes a "bad guy" in the blink of an eye out of sheer impulse.

With all the difficulty trying to raise your kids these days..who knows? @ Sikh good for you. however, sex is a two person action.

that's why i never understand why everyone blames the guy when the girl gets knocked up. both are to blame. however, from my dads perspective, it's usually, not always the girl who gets stuck raising the kid(s) herself. sometimes by choice, sometimes not

Oh come on, the girl was having sex with her bf, clearly its not like she was being raped.

You gotta let your kids go at some point.

Massive overreaction.

Umm ya.... don't shoot kids.... not cool... Sorry pops, but your daughter's perceived virginity is not worth a prison sentence, is it?

The talk:

Parent: Sex is dangerous

Teen: Because of STD's and the like?

Teen: Not to mention I could get someone pregnant

Parent: Well yeah, but also, you could get shot

Teen: ???

I can understand the parent being mad, but shooting someone? Seriously?

Anyways, I'm a father of two daughters and I can understand where the father is coming from, but Damn talk about overreacting! You gotta let go sometime!

So you rather her get ****ed in a club, in a car, etc by some stranger rather than in her house, in her bed, with her boyfriend?

2 future shooters here as well.

There is a topic of debate though:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_conse...America#Florida

So you rather her get ****ed in a club, in a car, etc by some stranger rather than in her house, in her bed, with her boyfriend?

2 future shooters here as well.

There is a topic of debate though:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_conse...America#Florida

I dont think ceminess agreed with what the fater did when he put "but Damn talk about overreacting! You gotta let go sometime!" so the future shooter comment is a bit off.

yes......an adult male can do anything in the name of "protecting daughter"....

and yet general public seems more tolerant to this behavior.

:rolleyes:

He should have booted him out of the house, NOT tried to waste him.

Attempted murder is a crime.

LOL, I may have done the same thing. Well, no, I probably would have only shot him once. Age of consent or no, she was still 16 and living in her parents' house. Though I am shocked that he reacted like that being her stepfather and not her biological father; he must have raised her from a very young age, or at least I would hope, otherwise I don't see how he could feel so protective of her that he would have reacted so violently.

I hope dad spends a long time in jail. If his daughter is having sex, he should have blamed him self or his daughter, not the guy having sex with her. Unless the guy was raping her. I can see dad throwing a few punches on the guy, but shooting? come on....

This guys' daughter is probably going to hate him now. What an idiot.

If it were me (and I have a daughter), then I think I'd be MORE hurt and angered by the actions of my daughter to be honest. That she didn't trust me enough to come to me first. You can't stop your kids having sex, that's impossible; but you CAN educate so that hopefully they'd trust you enough to talk it over before they did it.

I would rather my kids be doing it in a safe environment such as home, than somewhere outside or something...