Apple: 'Windows 7 is antiquated technology'

I say low level because "average joe" doesn't even need to know it exists (should be handled silently by the OS), I thought this was too obvious to need explanation.

No **** Sherlock, of course it's in the driver. Would a data structure just move itself? Jeez.

It's said to be built-in because files are defragmented on-the-fly by the file system driver. Windows requires an external program, called defrag to do it.

No

external program? "average joe" doesn't need to care about what Windows does in idle time either.

But its undersendable why apple fanboys are so flamable about defending mac - its a psychological thing, because they are actually trying to find justification for byuing something expensive yet inferior (their MAC) to a decent powerful PC.

But its undersendable why apple fanboys are so flamable about defending mac - its a psychological thing, because they are actually trying to find justification for byuing something expensive yet inferior (their MAC) to a decent powerful PC.

Show me a PC laptop with a unibody shell, illuminated keyboard, multi-touch trackpad, and mag-safe power.

You guys must admit that OS X is a great OS. All that bothers me is that apple hardware is way overpriced. Just look at the new Mac mini : upgrading from 2GB to 4GB memory is $1000.00 !!!! If this is not overpriced, I could build a decent pc for $1000.00....

I say low level because "average joe" doesn't even need to know it exists (should be handled silently by the OS), I thought this was too obvious to need explanation.

No **** Sherlock, of course it's in the driver. Would a data structure just move itself? Jeez.

It's said to be built-in because files are defragmented on-the-fly by the file system driver. Windows requires an external program, called defrag to do it.

No

And since windows has an externmal program that does the exact same thing. those people who think it makes a difference, or work in work on really large database enviroments, can replace it with a third party defragmenter that does the same behind the scenes job, only supposedly better. or differently optimized.

18 pages?

Apples mission successful I think :laugh:

All these PR comments are ultimately irrelevant, just use whatever you like best, an OS is a personal choice not a group choice ;) Microsoft fire pot shots at Apple, Apple do the same, same thing goes on in the console realm always to the same reaction, 80 pages of versus fanboy battles.

I've been using Windows 7 for a while, personally my favourite build of Windows I've ever used.

Show me a PC laptop with a unibody shell, illuminated keyboard, multi-touch trackpad, and mag-safe power.

Well, illuminated keyboard isn't unlikely, multi-touch is pretty likely now that Win 7 is out. Magsafe isn't perfect for everyone, but agreed it is cool. Unibody is also cool but doesn't always equal better.

I'm sure someone could make a list of specs that Macs don't have, too.

I find it unfair and ridiculous that Apple bashes MS like that. I have been a Windows user since I can count and I just recently bought an iMac and I love my iMac just as much as I love my PC and I like both OSs just the same. Apple is by no means perfect so they have no right to bash Windows like that. I have said this before and I'll say it again, Windows is great at a lot of things and bad at others and Apple is no different. Macs have the pros and cons just like Windows-based PCs do. No one is perfect in this business, especially Apple. If you know their history, you know of the major fu...ups they did back in the days.

I have nothing against MacBookPro PC (yes its a PC, compatible with IBM PC from 1980's, and NOT compatible with 1980's Apple Macintosh) as long as it has Windows 7 installed.

why? do you think unibody is the best thing?

There are PCs with the same build quality if not better. Example? Check out lenovo thinkpad T series or X series. I own a thinkpad T400, a thinkpad X200T tablet and a 13" macbook pro. And just put an order for a thinkpad T400S. And, I can tell you thinkpad is every bits as good as a macbook pro. And even better in some areas. It has a much better keyboard. In fact, I like the keyboard so much that I don't use an external keyboard. T400 also has an incredibly bright and beautiful display. It has a fingerprint reader, a TPM chip. It has a magnesium rollcage which makes it incredibly sturdy. I have dropped it several times from my desk and it is still happily running. My new T400S has multitouch trackpad. So yes, there are incredibly nice PCs, if you can get your head from sand and look around.

Quote - (matt4pack @ Oct 24 2009, 23:21) *

why? do you think unibody is the best thing?

There are PCs with the same build quality if not better. Example? Check out lenovo thinkpad T series or X series. I own a thinkpad T400, a thinkpad X200T tablet and a 13" macbook pro. And just put an order for a thinkpad T400S. And, I can tell you thinkpad is every bits as good as a macbook pro. And even better in some areas. It has a much better keyboard. In fact, I like the keyboard so much that I don't use an external keyboard. T400 also has an incredibly bright and beautiful display. It has a fingerprint reader, a TPM chip. It has a magnesium rollcage which makes it incredibly sturdy. I have dropped it several times from my desk and it is still happily running. My new T400S has multitouch trackpad. So yes, there are incredibly nice PCs, if you can get your head from sand and look around.

This has nothing to do with OS X nor Windows 7...

Quote - (matt4pack @ Oct 24 2009, 23:21) *

Exactly

Except for illuminated keyboard other things are just a gimmick. What difference do you as a user have from unibody? The multi touch is completely unusable on the mouse pad anyways.. so just another gimmick.

Nothing..

On the the other hand there are PC laptops with illuminated keyboards as well and at a fraction of the cost. Dell has them and I saw others too.. and at half the price with much better specs.

On the other hand.. what Mac has HDMI out, 8-in-1 memory card reader, full HD screen (1920x1200) at 15.4 or 16" screens?

Those are much more important things in a laptop than a unibody shell or multi-touch trackpad to me.

Well it's about Mac vs PC in general.

Now, officially with Windows 7 PCs are in every way better than Macs. They are cheaper (fraction of the cost), highly extensible with custom components, better features overall and an OS that is absolutely gorgeous and fast.

Get Microsoft Security Essentials as soon as you install Windows 7 and your job is done. No headaches and you got yourself a system that's superior in every way to 2-3 times more expensive Mac.

What's also great about PCs is general is because you can buy anything that suits YOU as a person. So if you like pimped out cases with lights and overclock the hell out of it you can, if you want a slick and elegant PC you can build that too. The fact is that with PC you have so much choices that it's beyond fantastic, both hardware and software wise. If you want pre-built solutions that are super cheap for surfing and reading email you have $300-$500 laptops with Core2Duo and pretty solid specs that will run just as good as $1000 Mac Book and the list goes on.

Diversity is where it's at.

I hate conformity. It's what Apple stands for. It's technological dictatorship. You really can't do anything aside what Steve Jobs decides and that heavily reflects in OSX as well. You'll either use what they give you and the way they want you too or you won't, there's no middle ground.

Except for illuminated keyboard other things are just a gimmick. What difference do you as a user have from unibody? The multi touch is completely unusable on the mouse pad anyways.. so just another gimmick.

Nothing..

On the the other hand there are PC laptops with illuminated keyboards as well and at a fraction of the cost. Dell has them and I saw others too.. and at half the price with much better specs.

On the other hand.. what Mac has HDMI out, 8-in-1 memory card reader, full HD screen (1920x1200) at 15.4 or 16" screens?

Those are much more important things in a laptop than a unibody shell or multi-touch trackpad to me.

How is the multi-touch completely unusable? I'm using 2 finger scrolling to view this thread right now which I would gladly take over hdmi, memory card reader, or any other useless gimmick thrown into PC laptops that 99% of the population would never use.

I don't think that a memory card reader is "gimmick". It's a usefull input device for transferring anything that's on a card, just like the USB port for flash memory keys.

Apple mini display port is a gimmick as it's make people must buy apple overpriced displays.