Apple: 'Windows 7 is antiquated technology'

"Windows 7 is still just Windows. It doesn't change a lot. It's still complex, it's still really expensive when you look at the cost of the upgrade, and there's still security concerns," he said.

He's right about that.

arrrrrhhh What? I'm bias? I use all OS's just Windows is the least stable...

So as a company why would you move to Windows 7? What would be the point when Windows XP is nice and small and works.

Also what is different between the 2 on a business level, I know there are differences in the GUI (which make things very much harder and annoying from how I see it) but as per applications its the same, you can run the same applications on Windows XP as on Windows 7.

They use cat-5 in networks these days? and toner in printers? NO WAY? LOL

No matter what I say I do your going to find something to pay me out about because I don't have the same view as you, sad really.

XP is a great OS, but eventually computers get old and you do need to upgrade. That is when businesses will upgrade to Windows 7. Most purchases of windows 7 in the beginning are going to be from consumers. There is no sense in upgrading unless you have too. For business upgrading to windows 7 will be a slow (albit easy) process. But wait I thought you worked in IT? You should of known that!

And if windows is so unstable then why is it used for so many servers. I support many businesses (Over 500) and not one has a mac server.

XP is a great OS, but eventually computers get old and you do need to upgrade. That is when businesses will upgrade to Windows 7. Most purchases of windows 7 in the beginning are going to be from consumers. There is no sense in upgrading unless you have too. For business upgrading to windows 7 will be a slow (albit easy) process. But wait I thought you worked in IT? You should of known that!

I don't understand where you are going with that question to me, as I agree with you somewhat, but I didn't see many company's upgrade to Vista at all.

And if windows is so unstable then why is it used for so many servers. I support many businesses (Over 500) and not one has a mac server.

I said *nix is more stable not Mac in general, are you saying that you would rather use IIS than Apache on a *nix system?

And scripting the setup in windows is just much more annoying than *nix.

But I know you'll state that Windows is much better for all this, it might be because you like to point and click or it might be because you haven't setup a webserver on *nix.

"Windows 7 is still just Windows. It doesn't change a lot. It's still complex, it's still really expensive when you look at the cost of the upgrade, and there's still security concerns," he said.

He's right about that.

Right about what?

To fall for those claims, you would first need to fall for the Apple premise that Windows is insecure, complex, and more expensive than upgrading to a Mac.

That would assume they'll have majority of marketshare which is pretty laughable thought.

Well, my thinking is do they really need a majority of market share to be anti-competition? My thoughts are no, because their platform is so very different. They have a Mail application built into OSX and as a result Mozilla's Thunderbird can't get any adoption for example on the OSX platform (I don't know if they have an OSX version at the moment). This is still anti-competitive, and is negatively impacting Mozilla's ability to get market share on that platform. It doesn't matter if Apple only has 3% market share (Or whatever the current figure is), because they still control 100% of that platform...

That's my thought anyway. I don't expect them to ever get majority market share.

Whos fault is that, idiot companies like your own who cry monopoly and get the courts to order Microsoft to remove those features, you cant then go and bash Microsoft for not including them, seriously do these idiots at Apple even think before they engage their mouth.

THIS

They need to shut the **** up. They don't have it because of bull**** people and companies like that, that bitch and moan about it EVERY ****ING TIME.

**** apple.

I don't understand where you are going with that question to me, as I agree with you somewhat, but I didn't see many company's upgrade to Vista at all.

I said *nix is more stable not Mac in general, are you saying that you would rather use IIS than Apache on a *nix system?

But I know you'll state that Windows is much better for all this, it might be because you like to point and click or it might be because you haven't setup a webserver on *nix.

give us a break with your unix crap... that was, hmm, how many years ago...

And is IIS even available for unix?

Go ahead Apple, I know you're desperate. After all Windows 7 is getting tons of positive reviews left, right and center.

I bought your hardware (I own a Macbook) yet I run Windows 7 exclusively on it. Will my next machine be yours? Nope. Even my Hackintosh hasn't been booted in months. :laugh:

A big F@ #*$& to you, Apple. You're starting to sound exactly like Opera.

give us a break with your unix crap... that was, hmm, how many years ago...

And is IIS even available for unix?

LOL @ IIS for *nix :s

I'm talking about here and now.

Clueless post on so many levels....

just as weird as your unix mumbling

All your comments on this thread are just a bag of incoherent mumbo-jumbo...We are discussing about a consumer operating system...You bring up something completely unrelated to the issue. What does IIS or apache has to do with windows 7 or OS X for that matter? Using such an argument do discuss the security of an OS is just plain dumb.

just as weird as your unix mumbling

OK now your just trolling, I'm entitled to my opinion... and care factor about what you think is 0, because you apply no common sense or logic to your posts.

OK now your just trolling, I'm entitled to my opinion... and care factor about what you think is 0, because you apply no common sense or logic to your posts.

Dude, you are here trolling as much as any of us. Trying to discuss about windows 7 or OS X in terms of apache or IIS is not just trolling but dumb.

Calling me trolling does not make you of a lesser troll...

Edited by zagor

Meh, your opinion is wrong, and you're trolling worse than anyone else in this thread. All you're doing is living up to every negative Mac user stereotype. Keep it up.

Thats because Vista sucks, and eats up more memory then xp and 7. Also XP was still available to downgrade to for free. So most businesses just downgraded to xp when they bought a vista machine. But I believe that 7 is better then both xp and vista. Business will stick with 7 when purchasing PC's because it is a good OS, and because they no longer have that option to downgrade to XP.

*nix is more stable. But as for servers, depending on what its used for, I do prefer linux based servers (red hat, etc.) because I know how to script and it is more stable and easier if you know what your doing.

Point and click is better for lower end techs.

As far as a webserver goes. I have quite a few *nix based webservers in my companies datacenter. We put all of our websites that we host on these servers. So I agree with you when it comes to setting up a webserver on *nix.

But as far as typical home users go, it just makes sense for them to stick with windows.

As for me. I use Ubuntu as my main OS at home, and boot into windows whenever I want to game. As far as *nix based OS's are concerned. Linux beats Mac.

It's all about the monopoly. If Microsoft didn't have to worry about that, we'd all have Live Essentials built in and tightly integrated with all other applications. Everyone who had Windows 7 would have an anti-virus which would in itself prevent a ridiculous amount of problems relating to malware.

+1

Plus, because of this, Windows users get more choices. I can add MSE, or Office Live. I can install many Games, 2 apps or 20 apps that do the same things. Maybe in a world where the Mac and a Windows PC cost the same, things may play out differently over time. All Windows computers are not perfect even with Windows7. One big reason is that Windows7 is just software that can do nothing without hardware. As a Windows user, I can choose what hardware I want, weather that be good, bad, ugly, whatever. Not all hardware is good, but I always have choices. For some people, Macs may be just what they need for many reasons, for others not so much. We are comparing apples and oranges.

The only "Windows headaches" are the ones Apple is feeling because of Microsoft's success. It is quite amusing to see how much attention they are giving it... way more than their own product offering.

Can't say I blame them.

I totally agree. Apple is going down again with the release of 7, and they are just jealous. Like all of those Apple fanboys. Funny thing is 81% of them will have Windows 7 on their machines. That, I find ironic. How many PCs you hear trying to virtualize Leopard. (Actually I don't even know if it is possible or not).

I totally agree. Apple is going down again with the release of 7, and they are just jealous. Like all of those Apple fanboys. Funny thing is 81% of them will have Windows 7 on their machines. That, I find ironic. How many PCs you hear trying to virtualize Leopard. (Actually I don't even know if it is possible or not).

it is... but you have to have a severely hacked version... any system updates will brick your system.

Meh, your opinion is wrong, and you're trolling worse than anyone else in this thread. All you're doing is living up to every negative Mac user stereotype. Keep it up.

Who said anything about just Mac?

I'm saying *nix and apache compared to Windows and IIS it is relevant and it has nothing to do with just Mac's

I think that Windows 7 banner in your sig is controlling your brain.

As for my opinion I don't see a decent counter just a nice random trolling post.

honestly i think the next time microsoft's contract to continue to provide microsoft office on macs... there should be a provision to get rid of those god aweful commercials.

LOL, just like Mac market domination, it'll never happen.