Torchlight - Awesome Diablo Clone Now Out!

i launched steam but got no update is it there yet for others ?

Not out yet on Steam.

You don't need to re-install on Steam as it handles the files automatically with the client, so savefiles should be safe. The savefolder on Steam is in the same place as mentioned.

What about the Modding tools?

They where delayed to get the patch out first, but is priority after patch (according to posts on their official forum).

This game is just like Diablo with Warcraft 3 graphics. Even the town music sounds like Diablo.

You do know that Matt Uelmen did the soundtracks for Diablo, Diablo 2, AND Torchlight?

Edited by Minifig

Hmm... I was kinda hoping the Respec Potions would become part of the official game and not just a mod :(.

I don't want to mess with the respec potion as a mod. If the developers don't want to include it in the main game, then that is a good reason to accept the challenge of making wise decisions with your stat points.

Good to see there is a patch out for a bunch of problems I never encountered :D.

I also would like to see a Ladder patched in for people who want to compare themselves with others. The game is clearly not locked down tight enough to prevent cheating if there were a ladder, so I don't know if this will ever happen.

lol the console still doesn't work in Steam, gg.

Yes, it does, you just have to enable it. Read around on the official forums, they've released how to do the console in steam.

Yes, it does, you just have to enable it. Read around on the official forums, they've released how to do the console in steam.

I did enable it, after the patch I went back in to make sure it was still enabled. No go for me.

What can you use the console for? Is it for modding or something? I don't get what the big deal of no console on steam is otherwise :p

Yes you use it for mods and what not. Not sure what else you can use it for actually lol

I just wanted to use this sweet sword of horror mod I found. Sword that does 1075 dmg + all sorts of goodies ftw!

I did enable it, after the patch I went back in to make sure it was still enabled. No go for me.

Try to re-enable it again, take all the steps.

Yes you use it for mods and what not. Not sure what else you can use it for actually lol

I just wanted to use this sweet sword of horror mod I found. Sword that does 1075 dmg + all sorts of goodies ftw!

Jeebus, 1075 dmg any links? Or does zelda not feature in this game :rolleyes:

been playing a bit and i dont like the fact that the game just sorta plays not really much of a world or way to stick with the main story quests.

been playing a bit and i dont like the fact that the game just sorta plays not really much of a world or way to stick with the main story quests.

It's pretty much a straight Diablo clone, which was the same way. It's still fun, but a bit dated. I still liked Diablo better though, the drops were more interesting and the atmosphere was more horror and less cartoon. If they had made a Diablo II clone with a large world to explore instead of just a mine it would have been much better.

Not saying it's bad though, I'm enjoying it.

My only issue with the game is how much freakin' loot drops off the mobs. Is less loot dropped in the harder modes?

i agree. have to wonder what 'rare' really means...

though i have to admit this is one hell of an addicting game. i never got into any of the diablo games so im sure im digging it more than i should be.

The Fame meter stops after level 55 is full even though you keep earning fame, the meter and count no longer move.

Experience hasn't locked yet. I'm at 86.

The skills however, show a next level (11), but there's no way to get to it as the "+" button is missing. My character skills are all maxed so now I'm wasting them on others.

Just as I suspected. I'm already bored of this game. I've gotten gear that makes no sense. Rare items don't seem to be as powerful as non rare items. I see no use in them.

I've pretty much been able to kill everything without dying. (playing on hard). Levels are monotonous. No originality. I'm all for dungeon crawls but there could be a little variety in the levels. There just isn't enough to make me want ot play.

I think if the item drops where more balanced it would be funner.

Is it worth $20.00? Not really.

I think if the item drops where more balanced it would be funner.

Is it worth $20.00? Not really.

Yes, it is. Download the mod tools, or read the forums, and learn how to make mods.

You can do anything you want with this game.

They gave the modding tools they made the game with away for free..