Neowin Digital Gallery

Welcome to the Neowin photo gallery! Here you can post your pictures and discuss your photography techniques.

Please be mindful of our members on dial-up and try to keep the dimensions of the pics and the size of the files to a respectable size for 1024 x 768 viewers. Please refrain from quoting images in your replies.

I will also ask that you link to images on your own space, as much as possible.

Try to put more details from your camera settings and also talk about what you have done with photoshop.

There are a lot of photographers here that like your editing skills and would like to learn more.

The previous thread can be found here

Thanks!

i shall kick this off!

4060638355_e187b9dc66.jpg

4059531059_cd7e9baa41.jpg

4060263884_e67615cc16.jpg

4060046736_6060d15603.jpg

4060717571_1165bb18b9.jpg

Moonman,

Quality images. Seeing them I'm now determined to make this months "theme" B&Ws.

Not every image will fit that but that's what I'm aiming for now.

Malc

LOL thx!

4068973061_e0caefb352.jpg

4068973061_e0caefb352.jpg

4065732399_fab369b750.jpg

4064830067_8511d8e631.jpg

Too much Bokeh in that last one IMO moonman. BTW I love your dog shots.

Now on to some of my work:

4069918844_8681dbf85a.jpg

4068633689_ef2ce9fcfe.jpg

4066722752_27b13b08aa.jpg

I just took more but I haven't downloaded them to the computer. I'll spam you with them on the coming week.

That won't compute inside moonman's brain :p

:p i thought the bokeh gave a unique depth to that certain image cuz it really pops out the roland logo :p

anyways some from this morning.

4072359972_f2352e5b87.jpg

4072349842_58bea04a89.jpg

4071596779_2746359ece.jpg

Any comments/suggestions appreciated. The original image was more vibrant but I thought it was a bit too much colour. I want to do a 4/8 series of this tree throughout the year.

4071759871_4ea0a570e4.jpg

Any comments/suggestions appreciated. The original image was more vibrant but I thought it was a bit too much colour. I want to do a 4/8 series of this tree throughout the year.

I think you should work on your White Balance there, also, the clouds seem to be purplish which looks odd.

I love the idea of the series about the tree. Make sure you shoot form the exact same spot.

BTW How on Earth did you get so many Flickr comments on that? :blink:

+1 on the white balance.

Love the idea though!

I think you should work on your White Balance there, also, the clouds seem to be purplish which looks odd.

I love the idea of the series about the tree. Make sure you shoot form the exact same spot.

BTW How on Earth did you get so many Flickr comments on that? :blink:

Well, the original picture does have white clouds, for the series I was thinking about going for an enphasized look for each season. Like colour balanced blue/cold winters, warm red auttumns, green summers, pink springs.

I am totally adjusting the colour on the image though, I'll see what you guys think. I sortof like the purple clouds given the theme of the images. Think +kol's strangeworlds in a way. I'll be posting it in my photo help and suggestions thread here: https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=822324

What do you mean I got alot of Flickr comments? Thats hardly any compared to my other images.

<<Snipped>>

I don't like the Soft Focus thing you have going on here. And like some others have said, the purple in the clouds is weird. Also, the whole image just seems a little... flat, to me for some reason.

I don't like the Soft Focus thing you have going on here. And like some others have said, the purple in the clouds is weird. Also, the whole image just seems a little... flat, to me for some reason.

Better? What makes the image flat?

4072387903_272e8fc9fb.jpg

@Boifido

This is a gallery, not a WIP topic. Please create your own topic where you can post your updated photos as regular as you wish with people commenting as much as they feel to.

@Argote

That's how - http://www.flickr.com/groups/comments/ - People only comment because they want to show their photos so that others could comment on their photos. A never ending-"OMG THIS PHOTO IS AMAZING. KTHXBAI" cycle.

First of the month. Just playing about with black and white settings on lightroom/colourefex pro. I'm not sure yet whether using just one or both is the best idea.

4073254076_2b4185fb27.jpg

As for the mega comments comment - yeah, all these post X comment X(n) groups annoy me. I put photos into one once thinking that I'd get at lest 3-5 honest comments but it's all gushy and that.

I have no issue with "Nice Image" comments as I will leave the same on photos myself but gushing for no reason other than forced to make a comment? what's the point?

I await a "nice image" reply to this post lol

@Argote

That's how - http://www.flickr.com/groups/comments/ - People only comment because they want to show their photos so that others could comment on their photos. A never ending-"OMG THIS PHOTO IS AMAZING. KTHXBAI" cycle.

I think it's all because of the damn Interestingness + Explore. I cringe when I see some genuinely crap images pop up on explore...

And yes, there are comment spammers, interestingess should take into account REAL comments and not the ****ing you're invited to a group GIFs...

</MiniRant>