• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Neowin Digital Gallery

Argote    73

^ They're too HAWT for neowin

@crazy88s, we don't have to comment the bunny pictures, you simply know.

digitaljames    0

4112819167_363b5443bc.jpg

D700 + 70-300VR

crazzy88ss    65

gotta love pelicans :)

MasterC    10
@Boifido, the Bokeh and B&W are nice but your subject is rather unappealing IMO.

Agreed. The picture looks a little cluttered. I'd try to find a shot where you could compose where there's fewer plant things.

Boifido    4
Agreed. The picture looks a little cluttered. I'd try to find a shot where you could compose where there's fewer plant things.

Thanks for the input guys! It's my first ever b&w and aside from the cluttering I think the processing turned out quite nicely. I really like the bokeh textures in the top right.

I'm finding it hard to find stuff to shot since it snowed really early this year. It evaporated the next day but it caused almost everything to die. So i'm stuck with bare branches, but with no snow either. I'm sure there's lots to shoot, i'm just not thinking of it yet.

I'll go out tomorrow and shoot some less cluttered stuff...

^^ Sweet Pelicans

shot for a magazine cover.

Nice angle on the second one! What magazine is it for? Are you going to photoshop the photo at all? I'm noticing lines and blotches on the models stomach. (Fine for a natural look, but it might be bad if its one of those magazines that photoshops arms to be 20 feet long :D)

crazzy88ss    65

It's for a student magazine. It's just about the campus and things. What lines do you see?

Boifido    4
It's for a student magazine. It's just about the campus and things. What lines do you see?

Just right before the skirt in between the belly button and her right hand on the second one (same on the first). I can't really tell what it is at this resolution, but it looks like it might be a stretch mark. Also a few blemishes between the right tie in the shirt and the right hand, also on the far left near the skirt.

It's nothing major, just thought I'd point it out.

MasterC    10
Thanks for the input guys! It's my first ever b&w and aside from the cluttering I think the processing turned out quite nicely. I really like the bokeh textures in the top right.

I agree, the processing is very nice. I also agree about the bokeh textures. (Y)

o0moonman0o    54
4115921220_619c94765c.jpg

Aperture    0
nice batch

Thanks, but I'm one of those that posts a lot of repetitive things too (a lot of sports things).

That's alright

badldragon    4

@ Moonman

that last shot of the pup makes my cold hard exterior manliness just melt away :cry:

@ Bofido

bare branches, man. they're a staple of my photography from December through to March.

They also make crazy silhouette pics as you can see: 2311407832_2a9c096f52_m.jpg2170638836_d517af365c_m.jpg, give it a go.

From me:

4116339710_b9da3116a1.jpg

Should be able to get some nice "hobo" like shots of Charlie over the xams period, lol.

Malc

o0moonman0o    54
lol...

rofl i agree actually!

o0moonman0o    54

my new toy delivered today!

4115154827_ec25243dff.jpg

Zmijutin    5

This is my "portfolio"... I'm using Canon IXUS 860IS and photoshop for that extra kick :) Hope you like it, any suggestions will be good :)

Thanks for viewing :)

Travno%20HDR%20Take%20V.jpg

Nebo.jpg

Rijeka.jpg

Panorama%20ZeroOne.JPG

Lopoči.jpg

Panorama%20180.jpg

Boifido    4
@ Bofido

bare branches, man. they're a staple of my photography from December through to March.

They also make crazy silhouette pics as you can see, give it a go.

Malc

Wow, those do look nice! I guess silhouettes do make better bare tree pics. I'll try and find a day with a good sunrise/set, or maybe try something in B&W.

I think b&w is good this time of year, since there's almost 0% colour in my area. Instead of muddy browns and yellows you get crisp textures and striking b&w contrast.

I did a photo of branches during the day (below), but I think it looks too "flat" / somthing else I can't put my finger on. For some reason my friends really like it.

It could be I showed them the print version, which is 13x19, and it has different colours/ way more detail.

4088659257_9026370991_t.jpg

Andre    9
my new toy delivered today!

4115154827_ec25243dff.jpg

Seriously.. who pays all your gear? :D

o0moonman0o    54
Seriously.. who pays all your gear? :D

:p the new toy is the soft releasE :p the m6 is quite old.

crazzy88ss    65

Stupid question... what's a soft release? The neck strap thing?

Andre    9

Soft release button. The red thingy on top.

crazzy88ss    65

And what does that do...?

Andre    9

It produces even shallower DOF xD

I don't know. Probably a softer release feeling. Like on pro DLSR bodies. I can only relate to D700, which has a very smooth release.

crazzy88ss    65

LOL

badldragon    4

LLF, if moonman gets any shallower with DOF he'll be out of focus!