[Feedback requested] Atlas take two, who likes black?

BLACK LOOKS BITCHIN!

Okay, I have to say, I'm really excited about this now. No more worrying over the colors that were presented to us originally. Having choices (and great ones at that) is simply wonderful. (Y)

May I ask what browser was used for capturing those screenshots, Neobond? I ask because the corners shown in them don't look all too great compared to other screenshots.

Google has a fix in the pipeline, if you're using the dev channel builds you'll have anti-aliasing on the corners. Looks quite good, actually. Feels nicer than most other browsers with the rounding...

huh wha.... i dont even notice the corners were rounded/sharp ... maybe when the new style gets rolled out i'd notice it more

and yeah, i dont have firefox because its massively slow on my netbook for some reason, i cant even scroll the page without having long pauses... being able to tweak the colours and having it saved as a cookie sounds like a better idea...

Shadowed text is still buggered up for Chrome in Windows, but at least they fixed the border anti-aliasing.

Google has a fix in the pipeline, if you're using the dev channel builds you'll have anti-aliasing on the corners. Looks quite good, actually. Feels nicer than most other browsers with the rounding...

That I am, and VERY good to know!

Can't wait for the release! :happy:

The black is nice and probably too dark for some, but glad there are choices. Just think though, you know they say that if you run a black and white web site, in effect you are forcing pixels to turn off, in theory saving energy...

Get all the black lovers and you will have a mass energy savings at last while on the Neowin front page. :)

Back to reality - the redesign is looking great and no matter how long it takes for the team to do this, I will patiently wait for it and be happy for the high quality of work that the dev team does. (Does that win me any points? lol)

The black is nice and probably too dark for some, but glad there are choices. Just think though, you know they say that if you run a black and white web site, in effect you are forcing pixels to turn off, in theory saving energy...

Get all the black lovers and you will have a mass energy savings at last while on the Neowin front page. :)

Of course, that only applies to CRT's, LCD's can't turn the backlight on and off for certain pixels (It'll be nice when we have screens capable of that though, showing an HDR image natively without tone mapping)

I can't stand websites that are designed to be all black with white letters. Whenever I look away the screen is still embedded in my eyes... To each their own though, it does look really good.

I can't stand websites that are designed to be all black with white letters. Whenever I look away the screen is still embedded in my eyes... To each their own though, it does look really good.

Yeah, it's definitely not for everybody. Don't worry though, it's simply another color option and will not be the only one available.

I'm still waiting patiently for the iPhone version of the page...

Yeah we have an iPhone version of the forums, but not of the FP. I hope this is added into the new one.

That's awesome, but why is the comment number on the bottom one red when it has a lower number of comments than the one above it? What does the red denote?

That I'm not sure actually you may need to ask Timan (our designer) but I think it's cause the news item is "Hot" so it has been viewed a number of times etc.