some good reasons to stop smoking...

true, there are easier ways to die. but the fact remains, smoking makes you die sooner. and honestly, i don't really want to die sooner.

true, there are easier ways to die. but the fact remains, smoking makes you die sooner. and honestly, i don't really want to die sooner.

Than don't do and let the people that do, do it. If they want to die sooner so be it, as sad as it is...your words won't stop them. :no:

It IS the least harmful. You can try to weave interesting little "facts" to make it seem wrose, but it isn't. Smoking won't kill you any faster then living in a place with heavy air polution.

Wow, so heavy air polution gives you cancer? :rolleyes:

"Smoking kills". Yeah, so does living until to DIE NATURALLY.

Your all going to die, smoking has nothing to do with making you die, you has to do with hurrying up the process. Oh, that's if you aren't shot, stabbed, hung, beaten to death with a baseball bat, drown, commit suicide, get run over by a car, become aphyxiated, and the other 100 billion ways you could die prematurly.

People worry about the most trival ****. Stop worrying about the guy next to you smoking and watch out for that car coming around the corner at a fast speed.

And what about the person who has to breath in that crap when you're too inconsiderate to light up somewhere else? I don't really appreciate it when someone lights up a cigarette next to me and forces me to breath in that stuff.

By the way, tobacco kills over 1,000,000 people a year in the Americas. (http://www.paho.org/English/DPI/100/100feature21.htm)

Not only is it so terribly addicive, but you have an immensely powerful industry pushing it, too.

It's funny how you can compare smoking to dying naturally.

Death is hardly the worst part about smoking...

Than don't do and let the people that do, do it. If they want to die sooner so be it, as sad as it is...your words won't stop them. :no:

i won't stop people from smoking. however, i WILL stop them from smoking around me. i don't tolerate second hand smoke. if i'm in some public place and the smoke level is too high, i leave. second hand smoke is worse than the smoke the smoker gets in his/her lungs. at least he/she gets a filter :angry:

my great grandmother smoked for about 70 years, she is now 85, we (me and my siblings) managed to get her to quit a few years ago. yeah you would think that was a good thing, but now my great grandfather, who the family loves alot, and we cant bear thinking of not having around was diagnosed with lung cancer at age 87. it ****ing ****es me off that he now is suffering because he "let the person next to him do what they wanted". he choose to let it takes its tole, hes too old to waste money on chemo and now we all wake up each day wondering when the bad news will come.

if your going to smoke, dont do it around others, dont hurt others just because u like what your doing.

People worry about the most trival ****. Stop worrying about the guy next to you smoking and watch out for that car coming around the corner at a fast speed.

when the dumbass next to me is using up more of his/her share of medicare / medicade money because he chose to smoke then i have a reason to worry

second hand smoke is worse than the smoke the smoker gets in his/her lungs. at least he/she gets a filter :angry:

actually, it's been proven over and over that filters don't do ****

watching my uncle die of lung cancer that spread to his bones and his blood was heartbreaking, don't give me that **** that smoking is harmless Valkyre, it doesn't hurry along the death process, it creates reasons for it to occur.

i won't stop people from smoking. however, i WILL stop them from smoking around me. i don't tolerate second hand smoke. if i'm in some public place and the smoke level is too high, i leave. second hand smoke is worse than the smoke the smoker gets in his/her lungs. at least he/she gets a filter :angry:

Yes, and that is what you should do. It is bad as it is seeing people smoke in front of us when we don't want it, but the least they can do it light it up somewhere else. :(

Here's a good reason! It freakin kills you!!! :angry:

Sorry, but I have absolutely no patience for smokers.

Here's a news flash, you'll die anyways. Even if you never smoke, never drink, never do drugs, always run everyday. eat right, drink right, and breathe fresh air, you are still going to die.

And don't be so arrogant about it. I could say "I have absolutly no patientce for you breathing!" just as well. Most smokers regret starting, and people like you treating them like **** doesn't make them feel any better.

"Smoking kills". Yeah, so does living until to DIE NATURALLY.

Your all going to die, smoking has nothing to do with making you die, you has to do with hurrying up the process. Oh, that's if you aren't shot, stabbed, hung, beaten to death with a baseball bat, drown, commit suicide, get run over by a car, become aphyxiated, and the other 100 billion ways you could die prematurly.

And what about the person who has to breath in that crap when you're too inconsiderate to light up somewhere else? I don't really appreciate it when someone lights up a cigarette next to me and forces me to breath in that stuff.

By the way, tobacco kills over 1,000,000 people a year in the Americas. (http://www.paho.org/English/DPI/100/100feature21.htm)

Not only is it so terribly addicive, but you have an immensely powerful industry pushing it, too.

It's funny how you can compare smoking to dying naturally.

Death is hardly the worst part about smoking...

So why should they move and not you? Hmm? What gives you the right to order them off? Are you superior? Are you better then they are? Do you have a government permit that allows you to relocate people simply because you do not like something they are doing?

Would you please relocate to China? I am offended by your words. That's right, go away. What? You aren't? Why not? Why are you denying my request?

Proving a point.

Most smokers regret starting, and people like you treating them like **** doesn't make them feel any better.

And that statement there just confirms it. It's a god awful nasty habit and it boggles the mind to think why anyone would want to start.

Yeah, we all die but what is the use of using a product that not only dramatically increases your chances of cancer related illness but will assuredly speed your way along to an early grave? Smokers annoy me because not only do I have to tolerate their second hand smoke where ever I go the majority of them have no regard at all for anyone else's health. It ****es me off to no end having to walk into work each day and see the ground littered with cigarette butts and there are NO SMOKING signs plastered all over the place. If you don't value your life than fine, but the least smokers can do is keep it the hell away from everyone else who does.

valkyre, do you not get that smoking only makes things worse? sure everyone dies, but smoking makes it a lot worse. :(

Nearly everything in this world "makes it worse", yes, even the invisible things that float around in the air. What are you going to do about those? NOTHING. Because you can't. So get over smoking. Sure it kills you and makes you suffer, but then again, what doesn't? Stress subtracts time off your natural body clock, and adds to a ton of bad things in your body, are you goint to sue stress? Are you going to ask it to move elsewhere? Are you going to ban it?

ARGH. You people attack one thing and forget about the other 500 trillion things in this world that are harmful.

And that statement there just confirms it. It's a god awful nasty habit and it boggles the mind to think why anyone would want to start.

Yeah, we all die but what is the use of using a product that not only dramatically increases your chances of cancer related illness but will assuredly speed your way along to an early grave? Smokers annoy me because not only do I have to tolerate their second hand smoke where ever I go the majority of them have no regard at all for anyone else's health. It ****es me off to no end having to walk into work each day and see the ground littered with cigarette butts and there are NO SMOKING signs plastered all over the place. If you don't value your life than fine, but the least smokers can do is keep it the hell away from everyone else who does.

Never been around many smokers, have you? If you have, I feel very sorry for you that you can't even begin to realize what it's like for them. You say they are inconciderate because they smoke most times in areas that they aren't supposed to. Know why? BECAUSE THEY ARE ADDICTED. What a supprise! They don't even think most of the time, it's just a sudden urge, so they automatically light up. It's like someone with ahsma(sp). They automatically reach for their inhaler every time they have trouble breathing. The EXACT SAME DEAL WITH SMOKERS. I have been around smokers a lot and I have witnessed their behavior. A friend of mine lit up in school classroom (we were not enrolled, just visiting) without even thinking twice about it. I said "Hey man, you can't smoke in here", and he replied "Oh ****, sorry. I wasn't even thinking".

Smokers most often don't mean to "smoke" in places they aren't supposed to, but when that craving hits they almost forget about anything else other then lighting up.

actually, it's been proven over and over that filters don't do ****

watching my uncle die of lung cancer that spread to his bones and his blood was heartbreaking, don't give me that **** that smoking is harmless Valkyre, it doesn't hurry along the death process, it creates reasons for it to occur.

I'm curious, where in any of my posts did I say smoking was harmless?