some good reasons to stop smoking...

I stopped over a year ago so I can confirm the first post.

Not to mention my house and clothes dont stink of cigs anymore. I bought a keyboard since then and guess what - its still white!

I never smoke but I know how dangerous to health smoking is. I got my friend who was hugely addicted to smoking, I helped him to quit smoking but I knew this was not an easy task for my friend to quit smoking because of addictiveness. After like 1/2 year or so he stopped smoking and realized smoking is dangerous to health.

heres a nice suggestion to quit smoking ... find a girlfriend... then you no longer need to get high to get away from all the crap you deal with everyday, and you dont want to sleep all the time cuz reality is so enjoyable.

I would have thought that obesity causes more health problems, but that doesn't stop the world from getting fat... isn't over 60% of the US population overweight?

...and everyone going on about second-hand smoke.. didn't recent research prove that second-hand smoke doesn't affect people as previous research showed?? or did i just imagine that?

anyways everyone has the choice to smoke or not and when that privelage is taken away then its just more freedom taken away... and the amount of tax the government would have to recoup would come out of everyones paycheck.

60% may be overweight but they aren't obese ;)

"overweight" is classified as 10% or more over a healthy weight. "obese" is classified as 20% or more over a healthy weight. that weight is determined by your sex, age and height.

i know it's stupid to start smoking, but once you've started, it takes more than an article like that to stop you.

Yeah...so true...i been trying for a while now...

No way man, smoking rules (cough) it gets you chicks and helps you make friends. (cough) It makes you look really cool. Only whimps can't handle it. It lets people know you are around, umm.....

Okay, I don't smoke and can't think of a good reason to smoke. It costs us in healthcare every day just because one person smokes. It isn't funny. People just need to stop. It isn't easy but people do quit.

I quit smoking about 3 times already and can still smoke occasionally without any risk of addiction , im just like immune to nicotine :D

::NEWS FLASH::

bundy.jpg

the point is smoking kills you faster so maybe read the thread first :angry:

my opinion is divided, if someone wants to kill themselves by smoking its fine as long as they dont breath that crap on me. its like if someone wants to kill themselves (more directly) by shooting themselves, i dont have a problem as long as they dont try and bump me off as well.