some good reasons to stop smoking...

Never been around many smokers, have you? If you have, I feel very sorry for you that you can't even begin to realize what it's like for them. You say they are inconciderate because they smoke most times in areas that they aren't supposed to. Know why? BECAUSE THEY ARE ADDICTED. What a supprise! They don't even think most of the time, it's just a sudden urge, so they automatically light up. It's like someone with ahsma(sp). They automatically reach for their inhaler every time they have trouble breathing. The EXACT SAME DEAL WITH SMOKERS. I have been around smokers a lot and I have witnessed their behavior. A friend of mine lit up in school classroom (we were not enrolled, just visiting) without even thinking twice about it. I said "Hey man, you can't smoke in here", and he replied "Oh ****, sorry. I wasn't even thinking".

Smokers most often don't mean to "smoke" in places they aren't supposed to, but when that craving hits they almost forget about anything else other then lighting up.

lmao and yet, despite all that you can't see why some of us here are against smoking? Your reasoning is laughable. Now you are just being annoying...

Smoking is a terrible, terrible habit, both for the smoker and those that have to deal with litter, the stench, and the smoke going into their bodies. I do not support banning the sale of the product as that would create a tremendous black market for the tens of millions of addicts. Banning public smoking indoors is perfectly fine to me, as well as anti-smoking education. Likewise, if marijuana sale was ever legalized here in the U.S. I support the same ban on all public smoking.

Everyone says if you live in an enviorment where smoking is an everday thing, you're guaranteed to start also, that's a lie ... my parents smoked, ALL of my friends growin up smoked ... my fiances parents smoked .. i work in a place where everyone smokes ... and i have never even tryed a cig ... they smell so horrid ... I was so glad when i got my own house, no more smelly clothes or smoking at all in/around my house ... it's great ... i've never even dated anyone that smokes... kissing them is nasty, and they cost too much to support their nasty habit :)

I was so glad when i got my own house, no more smelly clothes or smoking at all in/around my house ... it's great ... i've never even dated anyone that smokes... kissing them is nasty, and they cost too much to support their nasty habit :)

I agree. I always imagined it would be like kissing an ashtray :no:

I have no problem with trying to prevent people from starting smoking. That is not my issue, as so many of you have overlooked. I simply think it's BS to attack people who are already smokers.

Cigs are nasty, smoker spend ridiculous amounts of money just to feed their bodies with cancer. I see the harm in ciggarettes, but i have yet to see the harm in marijuana. Like all things in life, you cant overdo it. I have yet to hear about weed causing cancer, or anyone dying from an OD. The only harm i see from it is a little memory loss, which is why students should hold themselves back from doing it until they have a break from school or if its summer. If you do it like once in a while, i honestly dont see the harm in it. Oh and mental addictions are pretty easy to quit if its not a daily habit. Ciggarettes are useless, you get nothing out of it.

:edit: and i dont see why alchohol is legal, while marijuana isn't

What's the ratio of years of studies of marijuana to the years of studies of cigarettes? Yeah.

And a new report just came out that says marijuana is worse then cigarettes, I'll try to find you nice folks a link.

Nearly everything in this world "makes it worse", yes, even the invisible things that float around in the air. What are you going to do about those? NOTHING. Because you can't. So get over smoking. Sure it kills you and makes you suffer, but then again, what doesn't?

smoking IS something we can change though, you're missing the point. we may not be able to change everything in this world, but we can change some things. and what we can, i think we should change.

me personally, i'm against smoking, drugs, alcohol, and pre-marital sex. all of them have their drawbacks and consequences.

btw, the background in your transparent png is showing as blue in ie6, not grey ;) just noticed your sig now.

actually, it's been proven over and over that filters don't do ****

watching my uncle die of lung cancer that spread to his bones and his blood was heartbreaking, don't give me that **** that smoking is harmless Valkyre, it doesn't hurry along the death process, it creates reasons for it to occur.

I'm curious, where in any of my posts did I say smoking was harmless?

You're implying we shouldn't worry about smoking because we'll die soon anyway. Guess what, some of us want to live awhile. Some of us also want our relatives to be around for awhile. Smoking accelerates death. Say who cares all you want, the fact still remains. Look at the big list of changes from after stopping smoking I posted at the beginning of this thread. You can't argue that smoking does bad stuff to your body that WOULD NOT HAPPEN IF YOU DIDN'T START SMOKING IN THE FIRST PLACE... if someone has a choice between dying of old age at age 75 or dying of lung cancer at age 45, what do you think most people would rather do?

i know it's stupid to start smoking, but once you've started, it takes more than an article like that to stop you.

haha that's for ppl with weak minds and lack of taste! :p

haha that's for ppl with weak minds and lack of taste! :p

i know good tastes, smoke tastes so good, thats why im smoking. lol

trully. i want to stop smoking, but i cant handle it, im already addicted to it. i have been smoking for 5 years

you have a choice...DIE at a young age of cancer or maybe in the fire that starts because you fell asleep with a lit cig OR gain some weight that you can take off...

i cant, i dont have ice cream on my freezer everyday. and i dont like eat, coz its gonna make me grow fat.

do what my dad did. buy a big box of swizzle sticks (coffee stirrers)... when you get the urge just chew on one

do what my dad did. buy a big box of swizzle sticks (coffee stirrers)... when you get the urge just chew on one

Yeah, I know a guy and he did the same thing......apparently it worked for him. (Apart from it was coctail sticks, but close enough, lol).

Stopping Smoking = Mind Over Matter.

watching my uncle die of lung cancer that spread to his bones and his blood was heartbreaking, don't give me that **** that smoking is harmless Valkyre, it doesn't hurry along the death process, it creates reasons for it to occur.

You're implying we shouldn't worry about smoking because we'll die soon anyway. Guess what, some of us want to live awhile. Some of us also want our relatives to be around for awhile. Smoking accelerates death. Say who cares all you want, the fact still remains. Look at the big list of changes from after stopping smoking I posted at the beginning of this thread. You can't argue that smoking does bad stuff to your body that WOULD NOT HAPPEN IF YOU DIDN'T START SMOKING IN THE FIRST PLACE... if someone has a choice between dying of old age at age 75 or dying of lung cancer at age 45, what do you think most people would rather do?

Regardless, I never said it was harmless. So stop babbling on like I did.

I'm also curious, why is it that half of the people I talk with who want to ban smoking are all for legalizing marijuana? w00t to idiocy.

Regardless, I never said it was harmless. So stop babbling on like I did.

I'm also curious, why is it that half of the people I talk with who want to ban smoking are all for legalizing marijuana? w00t to idiocy.

Those people you talked to are idiots. Plain and simple, don't try to defend that.

They're the wrong ones to talk to.

Valkyre , your making stupid points , you could say "why worry about anything when theres another 3 million things to worry about?" This is a thread about smoking

best argument: 4 quid a packet.

Also, smoking IS far worse than any other drugs, it kills more people than any other drug.

Now you can't stop if you don't want to, it's entirely personal, a question of willpower (or you go bankrupt - that's another efficient way), what is the point in trying to convince the smokers here that they'll die of cancer, they'll just think "won't happen to me" in themselves, and anyway breaking an addiction is hard.

I'm not saying smokers are bad cos they can't stop though.