The Big TNA Wrestling Thread

I thought since there's already a WWE mega thread, its only fair to have a TNA thread, for news, ppvs, or anything else TNA related. =]

Edited by Antaris
Editted topic title.

In an interview with Sherdog.com, TNA Wrestling star and MMA fighter says he'd strongly consider walking away from pro wrestling if he was offered an exclusive deal with Strikeforce.

"If it does come to a point where you have to choose, then I'll have to sit back and talk with my family. I want to fight," Lashley said. "TNA is at the understanding where they know my dedication with fighting. If (Strikeforce CEO Scott) Coker comes back and says you have to quit wrestling, then we'll have to cross that bridge."

TNA offered Lashley great money to work a reduced schedule and they understand that fighting is his top priority.

Lashley professional MMA record is 4-0, most recently defeating Bob Sapp on June 27th. There were reports over the summer that Strikeforce was negotiating with Bobby Lashley to fight Fedor Emelianenko at last weekend's CBS event. Lashley declined the high profile fight because he didn't think he'd have enough time to train properly, but Strikeforce is interested and can certainly use another rising star with name value in their heavyweight division.

In an interview with Sherdog.com, TNA Wrestling star and MMA fighter says he'd strongly consider walking away from pro wrestling if he was offered an exclusive deal with Strikeforce.

"If it does come to a point where you have to choose, then I'll have to sit back and talk with my family. I want to fight," Lashley said. "TNA is at the understanding where they know my dedication with fighting. If (Strikeforce CEO Scott) Coker comes back and says you have to quit wrestling, then we'll have to cross that bridge."

TNA offered Lashley great money to work a reduced schedule and they understand that fighting is his top priority.

Lashley professional MMA record is 4-0, most recently defeating Bob Sapp on June 27th. There were reports over the summer that Strikeforce was negotiating with Bobby Lashley to fight Fedor Emelianenko at last weekend's CBS event. Lashley declined the high profile fight because he didn't think he'd have enough time to train properly, but Strikeforce is interested and can certainly use another rising star with name value in their heavyweight division.

I don't think he would be a big loss. He was rubbish in WWE.

The below is a preview of what is schedule for the broadcast (card subject to change)

- The main event will feature TNA World Heavyweight Champion "The Phenomenal" AJ Styles battling "The Samoan Submission Machine" Samoa Joe

- Abyss will battle Dr. Stevie, and if Abyss pins Dr. Stevie, he's gone from TNA Wrestling!

- Plus, TNA "iMPACT!" will feature special guest "Super" Dave Osborne

All this and much more on Thursday's broadcast on SpikeTV, including all of your favorite TNA Superstars such as Bobby Lashley, The British Invasion, Team 3D, the sexy TNA Knockouts, the high-flying stars of the X Division and more!

so ... still no Hogan.

oh well, no big loss. how exactly does Dixie Carter think HH can help TNA? [outside of a short term cash-injection]

He'll probably turn up with he has finished plugging his book. I thought he was part of creative and in the the "conference" didn't he also mention getting back in the ring? It will be funny as he can't wrestle anymore, i think the ring will confuse him.

The New York Daily News has published comments that Hulk Hogan made to a fan at a recent book signing regarding his vision for TNA Wrestling. Hogan said that he hopes to bring in Steve Austin, Randy Savage, Rob Van Dam, and the Nasty Boys tag team to TNA. He also wants to start a new Monday Night War against WWE.

"I wish to talk to Rob Van Dam, who is considering returning to the ring, and convince him to join TNA," Hogan said. "Plus I'm also wishing to contact ex-Nasty Boy Brian Knobbs, Stone Cold Steve Austin and Macho Man Randy Savage."

The newspaper reports that Hogan is pushing for TNA programming on Monday nights, which was one rumored around the time it was announced Hogan and Eric Bischoff are partnering with TNA.

Hogan says he "considered for months" guest-hosting Monday's Raw from Madison Square Garden before he "sealed the deal" with TNA.

As of last week, January 4th was the date on the books for Hulk Hogan?s debut on TNA television. This date is a Monday and likely will be iMPACT tapings that night in Orlando. The idea for TNA seems to be to have Hogan and other big names appear on iMPACT that week and present it as if it?s a new beginning for the company.

The New York Daily News has published comments that Hulk Hogan made to a fan at a recent book signing regarding his vision for TNA Wrestling. Hogan said that he hopes to bring in Steve Austin, Randy Savage, Rob Van Dam, and the Nasty Boys tag team to TNA. He also wants to start a new Monday Night War against WWE.

"I wish to talk to Rob Van Dam, who is considering returning to the ring, and convince him to join TNA," Hogan said. "Plus I'm also wishing to contact ex-Nasty Boy Brian Knobbs, Stone Cold Steve Austin and Macho Man Randy Savage."

The newspaper reports that Hogan is pushing for TNA programming on Monday nights, which was one rumored around the time it was announced Hogan and Eric Bischoff are partnering with TNA.

Hogan says he "considered for months" guest-hosting Monday's Raw from Madison Square Garden before he "sealed the deal" with TNA.

yea, Steve Austin wouldn't work for TNA

Savage and Knobbs? why would Hogan go and ruin TNA by calling up those 2 ... why not just call up Scott Hall and Sean Waltman while he's at it

We exclusively reported tonight on The Voice of Wrestling that WrestleZone recently received an email from Psycho Sid Promotions claiming that former WWE & WCW star "Psycho" Sid Vicious is headed to TNA Wrestling. The email reads as follows:

The Return of the Master and Ruler of the World "Psycho" Sid Vicious is coming to TNA Wrestling!

Spike TV Thursday Nights!

We warned WWE that this would Happen.

Never say Never!

Stay Tuned

-Psycho Sid Promotions

Additionally, the official MySpace page of Psycho Sid Promotions now has a giant TNA Logo on the main page with the caption reading "Never Say Never." Although nothing has been confirmed, it seems as though Sid might be headed to TNA in the near future. Given the current story line involving Jay Lethal wrestling past superstars, it is very possible Sid could come in to work one taping if he's not signing on with the company in a long term capacity.

Wrestlezone

WmC04.jpg

Hulk Hogan 'attacked' during press conference

THE Hulkamania promotional press conference at Star City veered violently out of control today as Hulk Hogan and ring rival Ric Flair let their animosity break into what appeared to be a full scale bloody brawl.

Sydney Central’s photographer Phil Rogers has his flash broken when Ric Flair threw a table off the stage and into the press gathering before diving on photographers, Sydney Central reports.

Media were stunned as the Hulk’s head began bleeding profusely and confusion broke out when the veteran wrestling star was unable to get to his feet.

This reporter narrowly missed being struck with the table and photographers ducked and weaved as Ric Flair took off his trouser belt and began to whip anyone within range.

The press conference began well with the stars of the tour speaking professionally about their careers and the business.

Hulk Hogan was excited to be touring Australia for the first time.

He said promoters in the past had billed him to tour Australia without his knowledge only to tell the fans that he could not make it.

The Hulkamania tour hits Sydney’s Acer Arena on November 28.

Appearing alongside Hulk are the Nasty Boys, Black Pearl of California and Vampire Warrior

---

Baz0I.jpg

Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair participated in a press conference today in Sydney, Australia to promote the upcoming "Hulkamania" tour. The conference took a "violent" turn when Flair went off on Hogan and attacked him, leaving The Hulkster a bloody mess. Reader Aaron Pegg attended the conference and noted that the attack looked like a "work that went too far." He described it as very brutal, and said that Hogan "went flying off the stage onto a hard floor."