The Big TNA Wrestling Thread

So, Kurt Angle was nailed yet again for a DUI and arrested this weekend. This is the second time this has happened (and both times as the World Champion of the company no less). According to a Wrestlezone.com report several higher ups in TNA (Impact?) are very concerned with Kurt, and what to do about this situation. After all they just let Matt Hardy go for a similar thing, and they want to be consistent with the talent. So, it could be interesting to see what happens in the next few days or so.

I really hope Kurt doesn't have a drinking problem. I mean, it is a holiday weekend here in the US and everything. Lots of people drink during this holiday. But driving drunk Kurt? Come on man, you know better than that by this point in your life! It'd be a shame if this was the final nail in his career. Because if TNA let's him go, it would be awhile I think before WWE even gave him a shot. He'd have to dry out and seriously clean himself up before Vince and co give him a chance again. I also don't see that happening. I think TNA will just keep him around. Maybe suspend him for a month or two, strip him of the title etc.

With Angle getting busted for DUI again, and Sting's current gimmick, I'll wager a guess that Anderson is going to walk away as champ tonight.

And it's really messed up that TNA even entertained the thought, let alone allowed Jeff Hardy to come back with hardly any repercussions from that PPV fiasco (and jail sentence the other day lol).

Yeah it's really pathetic honestly. Hell, PWO Wrestling is more competition than TNA is at the moment. The fact is, I haven't bothered to watch TNA in months because they've just sucked up the place. Storylines are horrible, not to mention the Matt Hardy, Jeff Hardy and Kurt Angle situation. Sting's gimmick is the only bright spot I've seen recently.

Hey don't knock Bully Ray, he's in terrific physical shape and has improved in the ring tremendously not to mention he is still stellar on the mic. TNA could do alot worse than having Ray as a main eventer, or even world champ. :p

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

well, guess what? both Bischoff and Hogan have resigned with TNA ... i know, how unfortunate

as I said on Facebook they are in it to bleed the company dry and its sad really TNA is good competition when Eric and Hulk are not around

Vince Russo is no longer the TNA creative team head writer. He has been replaced by Bruce Prichard, who also heads the talent relations division. Russo is now considered essentially a senior writer and continues to write the actual shows along with Matt Conway once the direction has been mapped out by Prichard, who also signs off on the scripts.

best decision in a loooooooooooong time!

^ Indeed! Should be good to see Brother Love as head writer for TNA. :) Not a complete celebration, as Russo's still there as a senior writer, but it's a step in the right direction. Now stop giving Hogan and Flair so much TV time! Actually, just Hogan; I just remembered that Flair's out for 4-6 months. :p

• 2 weeks later...

Well, Bound for Glory was an utter joke. Sting beats Hogan despite Bischoff's son refereeing the match (BTW, did anyone else realise there are just three referees in TNA now? "Jackson James", real name Garrett Bischoff, and the Hebner brothers, Earl and Brian), Immortal beats seven shades out of Sting, then Hogan suddenly turns face and beats up Immortal. :blink:

I wonder who screwed up the order of the matches too, as you've just had the match where control of the company has now gone back to Dixie Carter, and then you decide to finish up with a god-awful world title match with a pathetic ending (BTW, I predicted Angle would win :p ).

...well this is typical TNA (or Vince Russo; pick whatever you want). Screw the paying fans over at the PPV, then give them what they want on the next episode.

(Major spoiler from this week's Impact, so go here if you want to see it)

Well the world may not be ending in 2012 but Impact Wrestling sure will be.

Unless they get rid of the following things...

• Hulk Hogan
  • Eric Bischoff
  • Ric Flair
  • The four-sided ring
  • Vince Russo (bumping him down to a non-senior writer isn't enough)
  • The name "Impact Wrestling"

Yes, I know, there's no snowflakes in hell, so it won't be happening. At least the TNA fans will have a fallback show in Ring of Honor. Now that is actually decent. :) A bit short at the moment; only two matches in each hour-long show, with a lot of promotion, advertising and interview segments, but the matches have all been pretty solid so far, with some great moves back and forth. And hey, Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas are the tag champions there! :) Also, Jay Lethal (a former TNA wrestler and "Macho Man" Randy Savage impersonator) is the current TV Champion. :) Plus Desmond Wolfe (another former TNA wrestler, known in ROH as Nigel McGuinness) is on commentary there, and may even be back in action soon with the way things are going there...

...oh yeah, Jim Cornette's there too! So as the great Cornette would say to TNA...

Jim-Cornette.jpg

F**k this company! :p

• 6 months later...