The Big TNA Wrestling Thread

you know this is going to lead up to Flair "following" Hogan into TNA along with all the other dinosaurs thus driving the TALENT out of the spotlight and possibly out of the company

yes, i just called Flair and Hogan dinosaurs

yes, i just called Flair and Hogan dinosaurs

And you're right to call them dinosaurs. Ric Flair has still got it, to a certain extent, but Hogan never had it in the first place. Most of the time, he no-sells, and he has one of the worst finishers. A finisher is meant to look devastating, like the person on the receiving end almost died from it, and Hogan's leg drop simply doesn't. It's as pathetic as Shane McMahon's "shuffle punching" or whatever his finisher was called; although to Shane's credit, he puts a lot more effort into his, and gives a bit of a show in between, like when Scotty 2 Hotty did "The Worm". :)

And you're right to call them dinosaurs. Ric Flair has still got it, to a certain extent, but Hogan never had it in the first place. Most of the time, he no-sells, and he has one of the worst finishers. A finisher is meant to look devastating, like the person on the receiving end almost died from it, and Hogan's leg drop simply doesn't. It's as pathetic as Shane McMahon's "shuffle punching" or whatever his finisher was called; although to Shane's credit, he puts a lot more effort into his, and gives a bit of a show in between, like when Scotty 2 Hotty did "The Worm". :)

ShaneMcMahonRaw2.gif

63x8oj.jpg

*snipped*

Oh yeah, I forgot about that! :p But in my defence, I haven't watched WWE full-time in over two years, when I switched to TNA. I can't stand the PG direction they took. It turned WWE from the Attitude Era into the Teletubbies Era!

• 2 weeks later...
EE1gh.jpg

omg omg omg ... the greatest move of all time coming to TNA PPV ..................... a freaking legdrop!

i guess TNA viewers will go elsewhere in 2010 ... Ring of Honor perhaps?

:: oh well, another PPV i'll watch for free

an update, earlier tonight on the show "the ultimate fighter finale" it was announced that TNA IMPACT will face WWE RAW on January 4th. hogan was interviewed by UFC commentator Joe rogan. according to different wrestling sources the special IMPACT will be 3 hours and live.

I'm told to expect The Nasty Boys to debut in TNA at some point in the near future.

-WA

as told ages ago...this is it! TNA is back on the map! </sarcasm>

When interviewed by Arda Ocal and Corey Erdman of the "Right After Wrestling" program on SIRIUS 98, Hulk Hogan predicted that Nielson ratings would triple to a 3.0 on his debut appearance on TNA Impact on Monday January 4. Hogan went on to list names such as AJ Styles and Matt Morgan as guys with "something there" and that he will look to mold and "bring to life".

:rofl:

didn't WCW Monday Nitro start at 8pm?

didn't WCW have Hogan?

maybe TNA should get away from SpikeTV and go talk with Ted Turner to get on TNT and possibly TBS .... haha

as much as i want to see TNA fail with the business deal, i want to see it succeed. competition is good and may bring the "industry" to an actually entertaining level. eg. 1996-2002

Edited by timster

didn't WCW Monday Nitro start at 8pm?

didn't WCW have Hogan?

maybe TNA should get away from SpikeTV and go talk with Ted Turner to get on TNT and possibly TBS .... haha

Yeah it did :rofl:

TNAWrestlingNews.com is reporting that Hulk Hogan is not a fan of TNA's 6-sided ring and has been telling people that it's one of the first things he'd like to change when he comes into power next month.

Over the last few weeks I've been hearing about a major overhaul of the TNA 'iMPACT! Zone' in Orlando, FL. I have been holding off on reporting anything until I could get further confirmation.

I've been told that Eric Bischoff's production company is the contractor logged in to oversee the overhaul. TNA has to notify lease agents, insurers and park officials of any construction activities because they can interrupt the filming of other productions on the lot.

I would expect a brand new set to debut on the January 4th TNA iMPACT!. There are also rumors about the six-sided ring being replaced by a 20 x 20 ring although I can't confirm that. I've sent off several emails and have not heard back just yet. Hulk Hogan has also said numerous times that he's not a fan of the six-sided ring.

Interesting

The Wrestling Observer is reporting that the current plan for Hulk Hogan's debut with TNA is to have him side with Kurt Angle and Dixie Carter and wage a "power battle" against Mick Foley and Jeff Jarrett. The team of Hogan, Angle and Carter would be the baby faces trying to "run TNA," while Jarrett and Foley would be the heels trying to run the company the way they want to

sounds like Hogan, Angle and Carter will be WCW while Foley and Jarrett will be the NWO

The Wrestling Observer is reporting that the current plan for Hulk Hogan's debut with TNA is to have him side with Kurt Angle and Dixie Carter and wage a "power battle" against Mick Foley and Jeff Jarrett. The team of Hogan, Angle and Carter would be the baby faces trying to "run TNA," while Jarrett and Foley would be the heels trying to run the company the way they want to

sounds like Hogan, Angle and Carter will be WCW while Foley and Jarrett will be the NWO

sounds whack :unsure: