''Burj Dubai'' The tallest building of the world

Damn Terrorists have too much money to waste :angry:

As opposed to America, with its multi-billion dollar bailout to GM...which still led to bankruptcy?

or the multi-billion dollar bailout plan for the banks and financial institutions in the good ol' US of A? financed by money they don't have?

At least these so called "terrorists" are investing the money...which they already have!

but noooooo.....

DEM TERRIRISTS!!!11!!! :p

AHAHAHAHA!! you just made my day lol

sad....all that money could have done some good in this world...Dubai funds most of the terrorism in the middle east in case you have been keeping up with your reading...those sheiks are filthy rich and **** as *ell! Oil is corrupting the world!
Damn Terrorists have too much money to waste :angry:

OK!

fbcd_mutant_facepalm.jpg

wow. that is epic.

anyways I love this tower its amazing. and to the guy who said its worthless. towers like this are needed more and more every day as city living gets cramped.

not to mention they can afford it. as it is they have an indoor ski park

Is this the tallest free standing? As in it will beat the CN Tower?

It is the tallest structure in all categories, and yes it si freestanding, it is about 40% taller than the CN tower.

Grotesque waste of money just like everything in Dubai, if you have money to waste stand on the 2nd largest tower and throw it off the top.

It's waste of money to attempt the greatest engineering feat in the world? I envy those who were able to participate in this project.

Grotesque waste of money just like everything in Dubai, if you have money to waste stand on the 2nd largest tower and throw it off the top.

Yeah what a waste, them trying to secure a feature for their nation.

They should just accept that oil is a mere temporary wealth and that within 50 years, they should revert back to a poor nomadic desert nation. damn them for trying to be more than they are and trying to show the rest of the world how a small nation can build a future for itself even after it runs out of their temporary weatlh.

It's waste of money to attempt the greatest engineering feat in the world? I envy those who were able to participate in this project.
Yeah what a waste, them trying to secure a feature for their nation.

They should just accept that oil is a mere temporary wealth and that within 50 years, they should revert back to a poor nomadic desert nation. damn them for trying to be more than they are and trying to show the rest of the world how a small nation can build a future for itself even after it runs out of their temporary weatlh.

I couldnt give a toss, the next more richer arab will just build a bigger tower, then the more richer person will build one bigger than that, it has nothing to do about building "features" its "who has the most cash and the biggest ****" competition.

I couldnt give a toss, the next more richer arab will just build a bigger tower, then the more richer person will build one bigger than that, it has nothing to do about building "features" its "who has the most cash and the biggest ****" competition.

Not it's about building a business and vacation center. about makign a fture for their nation after the oil.

And having grand stuff is what attracts people. Have you even seent he renderings of the final city around the towers and the fake islands, that complete living city package. a city of a new generation, a global center of commerce and entertainment. it's what's going to keep them alive after the oil.

They're oil sheiks, they're not stupid, they aren't building giant towers just to show off, sure that's part of the package, but it's not the goal to throw away billions to build giant empty buildings.

818km, bloody hell thats scary, so soon we'll have building going 1km up in to the sky. You never see me up there thats for sure.

We built a space elevator ? :p

The view from the top floors must be breathtaking. I wonder if they'll make a transparent observation deck like I saw somewhere else. I also hope it has a fully equipped fire station every 30 floors or so. Fighting a blaze on that monster will be a real nightmare.

sad....all that money could have done some good in this world...Dubai funds most of the terrorism in the middle east in case you have been keeping up with your reading...those sheiks are filthy rich and **** as *ell! Oil is corrupting the world!

Dubai does not fund most of the terrorism in the Middle East. Thats just dumb. Terrorists in the middle east tend to attack oil installations. If your source of money came from oil, why would you pay to lose that income?

Dubai used to be a country though, and as its still an Emirate they presumably have one person (Emir - similar to a Monach) who has the power to declare independence any time they wish.