Argote
4216616043_40ec8fe030.jpg
remus_lupin

Best viewed against black (IMO):

4217027557_d6fba0e441.jpg

Wicked sky Argote!!!!!!

and I love that Pelican Digital James

Cyplex

Just got my first DSLR camera for xmas (Nikon D5000) so bear with me.

Tips, comments/critic always appreciated. :)

DSC_00250%20(1).jpg

DSC_00250%20(2).jpg

DSC_00250%20(3).jpg

DSC_00250%20(4).jpg

DSC_00250%20(5).jpg

DSC_00250%20(6).jpg

DSC_00250%20(7).jpg

DSC_00250.jpg

Thanks!

:rofl:

MasterC

My brother (right) and my friend watching the sunset at Laguna Beach.

Sunset.jpg

Argote
Just got my first DSLR camera for xmas (Nikon D5000) so bear with me.

Tips, comments/critic always appreciated. :)

Thanks!

:rofl:

Tip: Post smaller pictures?

The first train one seems nice, you have composition skills overall. I'd find some brighter subjects since the first 2 shots seem a bit uninteresting but that's my opinion.

Congrats on the new camera, are you using the kit lens?

Bubbabyte

Some new pics with the T1i, same 50mm f1.8 (i love that lens..lol)

4223706080_8b936896a2.jpg

4222946421_6e5ea6494e.jpg 4223708284_23a61aa987.jpg

4222945171_e0f251754f.jpg 4223707482_26c1c461ed.jpg

Cyplex
Tip: Post smaller pictures?

The first train one seems nice, you have composition skills overall. I'd find some brighter subjects since the first 2 shots seem a bit uninteresting but that's my opinion.

Congrats on the new camera, are you using the kit lens?

Thanks for the tip! ;)

I used the provided kit lens (AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR) with an UV filter as well a telephoto lens (AF-S IF-ED Zoom Nikkor 55-200mm, f/4-5.6G IF-ED) with a CPL filter. Now, I really need to pick up a good tripod, any suggestions?

Argote
Now, I really need to pick up a good tripod, any suggestions?

Try making a thread about it, post price range, needs, preferences, etc.

Argote

4220692292_0910839d95.jpg

4222926717_5ec87a5d00.jpg

remus_lupin

I was bored and saw a dvd laying around, and so yeah... and it's 4am where I live right now, and really need some sleep, the fact that I am taking pictures doesn't help :p

4224705738_6843678c9e.jpg

4224706082_a620510c9c.jpg

Prince Charming
Try making a thread about it, post price range, needs, preferences, etc.

Agreed. A good tripod is neither a trivial matter, nor is it cheap, as a good tripod can run you quite a bit. It's outside of the scope of this topic I'd say, just make a new thread :)

badldragon

50mm primes are awesome (just can't afford an AF-S for my DSLR yet).

Pics are really nice, SOOC? if not what kind of process do you run em through (in brief)?

Andre

AF-D is just as good as.. and cheaper.

Bubbabyte
50mm primes are awesome (just can't afford an AF-S for my DSLR yet).

Pics are really nice, SOOC? if not what kind of process do you run em through (in brief)?

they are definitely not SOOC, although they do look nice SOOC I always post process the pics. There isn't really a brief description, but i basically load the raw's in ACR and do minor corrections (WB/straightening/Exposure etc) then load them in PS if i need to do any major corrections (Blemish removal/remove snots from kids faces etc..lol) then depending on the picture i do a whole makeover in lightroom (B&W/Crossprocess/vignette etc..) It sounds like alot of work but when you do it so much and have a set process then it's really quite quick.

Razorwing

4223706080_8b936896a2.jpg

4222946421_6e5ea6494e.jpg 4223708284_23a61aa987.jpg

4222945171_e0f251754f.jpg 4223707482_26c1c461ed.jpg

makes me want to get th 50mm f1.8.. soo jealous lol.. I have to pick it up one day.. hopefully soon.

Bubbabyte
makes me want to get th 50mm f1.8.. soo jealous lol.. I have to pick it up one day.. hopefully soon.

:p thanks

They are $99 at BB this week.

badldragon
AF-D is just as good as.. and cheaper.

AF-D wont autofocus though, will it? I already have a F1.8 50mm manual lens (I guess I wouldn't need to guess the exposure settings with AF-D)

Think I'll just save up my pennies and get one around march or so.

Think we all covered the 50mm topic a couple of pages back lol

they are definitely not SOOC, although they do look nice SOOC I always post process the pics. There isn't really a brief description, but i basically load the raw's in ACR and do minor corrections (WB/straightening/Exposure etc) then load them in PS if i need to do any major corrections (Blemish removal/remove snots from kids faces etc..lol) then depending on the picture i do a whole makeover in lightroom (B&W/Crossprocess/vignette etc..) It sounds like alot of work but when you do it so much and have a set process then it's really quite quick.

Also like your branding. Like how its either colour matched or complimetary depending on the pic. Very nice. Photoshop applied, yes? Pre-lightroom edits or after? (wish lightroom would let you do stuff like that - simple overlay setting somewhere after the dev panel)

crazzy88ss

You could always get the AF-S 35mm f1.8 for roughly $200. It's much sharper than the AF-D 50mm f1.8.

Bubbabyte
Also like your branding. Like how its either colour matched or complimetary depending on the pic. Very nice. Photoshop applied, yes? Pre-lightroom edits or after? (wish lightroom would let you do stuff like that - simple overlay setting somewhere after the dev panel)

yeah it would be nice if lightroom did that, it's just a layer i add in photoshop atm and then just color match it. It's applied pre-lightroom.

badldragon
You could always get the AF-S 35mm f1.8 for roughly $200. It's much sharper than the AF-D 50mm f1.8.

maybe, i'll play aroind with my zoom at 35 see what the general view is like. Would really like to replace the old manual 50 but if i can get a good portrait prime with a wide aperture at a low price then i might just go for it. Can always save again dor the 50 (or get a dslr that has its own motor for focusing and not bother with af-s)

remus_lupin

So to start, I would like to give a huge thumbs up to basically all of bubbabyte's photos, I am envious!! absolutely incredible...

... now for my own picture... I kind of fail at photoshop, like I have mentioned before, so the results could have been much more 'professional' but here is my picture ... edit: I just used a simple graduated filter to obtain this result, which I am sure many of you could have guessed just by looking at it.

it's titled "A Keen Eye... With Limitations"

4227690612_5550a700ae.jpg

and it's description is as follows:

"So cats have incredible eye sight, they can see in color (for the most part) these colors being mainly within the blue/green/purple/yellow range...

red orange and brown are most likely seen as shades of either gray or purple.

At night however, cats can not discern between different colors and only see black, white, and different shades of grey.

hence the inspiration for this photo."

Edited by remus_lupin