Neowin Digital Gallery

very cool edit remus, and thanks for the compliments. I like the graduated filter, imo i think it may have worked better if it were starting from bottom to top, so that the cat's mouth and nose were orange and gradually faded into grey as it reached the top of the head, just a thought. Great work though.

very cool edit remus, and thanks for the compliments. I like the graduated filter, imo i think it may have worked better if it were starting from bottom to top, so that the cat's mouth and nose were orange and gradually faded into grey as it reached the top of the head, just a thought. Great work though.

Yeah I understand what your saying, another interesting way of positioning the graduated filter, and I will definitely try it out to see how it turns out.

The reason why I positioned it the way I did though is because I wanted to emphasize (on my cat's left side) the complexity and power of a cat's eyesight, and for my cat's right side I wanted to emphasize that even though their sight is incredible in many ways, it is still limited... so basically I positioned the filter the way I did so one on side the eye really stands out representing the strengths of a cats eyesight, while the other represents their "weakness"... and so if I did in fact position the graduated filter the way you suggest it may not work well with what I was going for symbolically, but yes you probably are correct that it would turn out better visually :)

Edited by remus_lupin

Not a very artistic shot but just me messing around with some kiddy fireworks :p

IMG_0924-2.jpg

Good effect by placing the flames on a dark background. Perhaps next time a lightly lighter background would improve the picture. (Y)

I tried that, any light drowned out the little explosions from the firework so I had to keep it as dark as possible at the fastest shutter speed possible without too much light. I'm just warming up for tonight, my first New Years Eve shooting - Hopefully I'll bag some nice firework shots :)