James Cameron has done it . Simply. This movie was amazing. The story is pretty generic but so was Titanic and a lot of Cameron's movies. But his movies have always been about the direction, visuals and emotion and among all three it delivers. Among all James Cameron Movies I would rate it above Titanic, True Lies and Aliens but below Terminator 2 as I still think that is his best movie. The 3D is amazing and it is a must see in theaters. I feel this movie does not work for the home theater unless you have a 3D TV.

I enjoyed the Pandora world more than the human colony or the last 30 minutes of action. The last 30 minutes are pure amazing but I was more amazed by the simple things in the middle of the movie. The dialog is a bit clunky and I would rate it below Terminator 2 and True Lies but above the Abyss and Aliens.

It is hard to enjoy a movie honestly where the main character is not human and very few movies apart from Pixar have done it but James Cameron has done it.

from what I have seen it clearly seemed this movie was his introduction of what 3D movies should be with little attention paid to the plot. With what he has achieved I strongly believe his next movie will be the same kind of 3D but more emphasis on the plot.

I would give this movie 9.5/10

Women will particularly enjoy it because of the strong emotional factor and the strong women characters

Men will enjoy the action

Older people will thoroughly enjoy the Pandora world

Kids will like the simplicity of the plot.

I think this movie will be a big Box Office hit. All word of mouth coming out of the theater was positive and that is very hard to get when you walk out of the theater at 3 AM with school/work tomorrow

Is this movie like Titanic where I could walk into the cinema at the 1 hour, 35 minute mark and not miss a thing?

Edit: Oh yeah and Titanic is the WORST movie ever made.

Is this movie like Titanic where I could walk into the cinema at the 1 hour, 35 minute mark and not miss a thing?

Edit: Oh yeah and Titanic is the WORST movie ever made.

If you love movies for being movies, Titanic and Avatar are one in the same though I think Avatar gets 9.5 and Titanic a 7

if you love movies for being artistic with an amazing storyline and oscar worthy acting, Titanic and Avatar are rubbish.

Fortunately or Unfortunately based on how you percieve, 95% of public loves movies for movies (escapism) and not artistic. If you hated Titanic you might like Avatar still because It is a better movie

To answer your Question: I think the middle part of the movie which is usually the most boring was the best in my opinion and the 1st part was OK but the last part was amazing but still falls short compared to middle part

For me, Titanic was a horrible movie, we all wanted to see the boat sink, not a boring love story. That was what I meant by 'could I walk in 30 mins before the end of the movie and not miss anything' remark.

However judging from the reviews online, yourself included, Avatar seems to be a good the 'T2' of the 00's.

I may check it out this weekend.

For me, Titanic was a horrible movie, we all wanted to see the boat sink, not a boring love story. That was what I meant by 'could I walk in 30 mins before the end of the movie and not miss anything' remark.

However judging from the reviews online, yourself included, Avatar seems to be a good the 'T2' of the 00's.

I may check it out this weekend.

I think some of us like movies which are great story, dialog and acting. some like just fun, this was more the latter. Also the visuals are beyond Amazing. I mean he created a forest completely CG which looked better than real life forests. I just can't get that out of my head

Also i strongly believe that Women will like this movie more than men. this is Titanic all over I think

Also i strongly believe that Women will like this movie more than men. this is Titanic all over I think

Thanks, so it is a 3 hour snore fest. Thats all I wanted to know.

Titanic is based on a ship on Earth without any sort of war, Battle!

Avatar is based on a EXOTIC Alien planet with huge Battles!

So How can you compare the two?

BIG enough difference to me, not to you huh?

And https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?show...0&start=360 I AM SPEECHLESS!!!

Edited by JediXAngel

Went to the midnight showing, and I have to say I love it. They story was there and was sound, it was complelling and made me feel like I was apart of the struggle.

Visually, this movie was mind-boggling. Everything looked some nice and was honestly just awesome to look at. I'd say go see it.

Wow - I thought District 9 would top my Worst Film of 2009 list, but this one takes the cake. Horrible film. Beautiful, yes, but the storyline was absolutely ****.

This sums up my feelings nicely: "It's baggy, longwinded and, for all the light-speed imagery, just not quick on its feet. The corniest movie ever made about the white man's need to lose his identity and assuage racial, political, sexual and historical guilt."

Clearly a film with a political statement and one that I cannot sympathize with.

2 out of 5 from me

Wow - I thought District 9 would top my Worst Film of 2009 list, but this one takes the cake. Horrible film. Beautiful, yes, but the storyline was absolutely ****.

This sums up my feelings nicely: "It's baggy, longwinded and, for all the light-speed imagery, just not quick on its feet. The corniest movie ever made about the white man's need to lose his identity and assuage racial, political, sexual and historical guilt."

Clearly a film with a political statement and one that I cannot sympathize with.

2 out of 5 from me

You don't ever like anything

If you love movies for being movies, Titanic and Avatar are one in the same though I think Avatar gets 9.5 and Titanic a 7

if you love movies for being artistic with an amazing storyline and oscar worthy acting, Titanic and Avatar are rubbish.

Fortunately or Unfortunately based on how you percieve, 95% of public loves movies for movies (escapism) and not artistic. If you hated Titanic you might like Avatar still because It is a better movie

I think this is a really honest and thoughtful answer.

I tend to be the latter. I look at movies as moving art more often than not, so I really am not expecting anything at all from this movie except some video game inspired eye candy. I may go see it in 3D with a friend in about 3 hours, but we may pass completely, I am leaving it all up to him.

He likes Saw and Gore. lol.

Saw is the OVER DONE series that's milking it WAY over it's due.

So, this movie is WAY WAY much more original than that series!

Edited by JediXAngel

Saw is the OVER DONE series that's milking it WAY over it's due.

So, this movie is WAY WAY much more original than that series!

I'd rather watch 1000 more Saw's than ever see this POS again.

I just got back from watching it. This movie is great! One of the most visually stunning movies i have seen. The story is good, better in my opinion than a lot give credit for; however i will say that the story does not make this movie amazing. The characters and the believability of pandora is what makes this movie amazing. Reading the emotion off of their faces, their smiles. It all was natural and believable. Not once did i sit and think that they were generated.

I will also say that i haven't been to many 3d movies (maybe 1 back in 96) but this was simply a joy to see in 3d. Many scenes left me with a smile on my face and multiple times had me panning my head to look around at what was in the room, or in the forest as if i were there.

I would recommend that everyone see this if they get a chance, it's a really fun movie.

Posted this in the other thread..

Saw it last night in 3D and as a person, who can be pretty critical about movies, this one rocked me, I was enthralled!

It may not have had the greatest story line but for me the whole experience was magical! I would absolutely recommend this to anyone who enjoys Fantasy and Science Fiction rolled into one. The effects and CGI is stunning! It scores a 10/10 for me.

^ Yeah it seems to be the people not liking the movie (Other than the immature fact they may be stubbornly against it just cuz it's a hyped movie) don't like it due to the fact they are not into Fantasy/Sci-fi much.

I don't see how you love Sci-Fi/Fantasy and not like this movie!?

I saw the movie in IMAX 3D at the midnight opening. It was incredible. 2 and a half hours and I wasn't tired or bored at any point. Definitely a great flick. :yes:

^ Yeah it seems to be the people not liking the movie (Other than the immature fact they may be stubbornly against it just cuz it's a hyped movie) don't like it due to the fact they are not into Fantasy/Sci-fi much.

I don't see how you love Sci-Fi/Fantasy and not like this movie!?

I love Sci-Fi and Fantasy but have no interest in this movie