We watched the movie in 3D and it was sold out but we got the tickets last night in advance. They told me at the concession stand that it has been a solid sell out for the past 3 weeks straight.

About 1 hour into the movie, someone fell down the theater stairs and they took them by ambulance. The manager paused the movie and commented that it was good that it was digital and not film. They explained what happened and had to call an ambulance and will resume once they were moved out of theater. This took about 30 minutes of our time just sitting around and people using the restroom. After the person was taken out, they resumed it after telling us that they would give us a raincheck for another movie (or that one it didn't matter), for the inconvenience. :)

Overall, it was a fantastic movie and we will be buying it on DVD once it comes out. Too bad we were two rows in front of the screen though. :( Not far enough to get the full 3D effect IMHO.

Finally saw Avatar on Sunday. Saw it in 3D (IMAX was sold out).

First off, I think Cameron did a wonderful job with the scenery of Pandora. I loved the look of the forest and it didn't feel as "fake" as I thought it was going to be. As cliche as the story is I believe the same story can be told different ways. While the comparison to Pocahontas seems very close I dont seem to care. I had little to zero interest in ever seeing Disneys version of Pocahontas yet I was eager to see Avatar. The movie did feel a bit long but I dont think there was any part that could/should have been taken out to shorten the time. I went into this movie not knowing a thing about Avatar... had no idea why it was called avatar and had no idea who was starring in the film. I suggest anyone who is on the fence about the movie to give it a shot as the CGI alone is worth the view. 5/5 from me!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Which were both (badly) stolen concepts from Asimov's Foundation series. The natural consequence being that such a connected unity would have little to ever fear from some exploitative space monkeys.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My wife and I just watched this on Bluray. It was a birthday gift from my best friend. Wow, this was such a terrible movie I can't even begin to describe my disappointment. Visually amazing, definitely 11/10 but story wise, especially compared with length I'd give it a 1/10. No way in hell did Cameron need almost 3 hours to tell that generic ass story.

1/10 for the movie

11/10 for visuals

My wife and I just watched this on Bluray. It was a birthday gift from my best friend. Wow, this was such a terrible movie I can't even begin to describe my disappointment. Visually amazing, definitely 11/10 but story wise, especially compared with length I'd give it a 1/10. No way in hell did Cameron need almost 3 hours to tell that generic ass story.

1/10 for the movie

11/10 for visuals

He knows the story was simple. He made it that way.

Yeah my wife and I have been talking about it tbh, we know he made it simple then drug it out to show off even more of the effects and the effects were amazing, but the story and length were still ridiculous imo. Thank god we got it for free, I'd definitely not spend money on it.

Yeah my wife and I have been talking about it tbh, we know he made it simple then drug it out to show off even more of the effects and the effects were amazing, but the story and length were still ridiculous imo. Thank god we got it for free, I'd definitely not spend money on it.

I loved it. I want to learn more about that moon (Pandora). Yes, it was long; 3 hours. But I wouldn't care if it was 5 hours, that place is do damn interesting.

I want to learn more about that moon (Pandora)

May I ask - and not being a dick - what more do you want to know? It's was a polt-device planet. Simple tribal culture, utilising the natural resources and understanding it as a form of religion. Simple as...

I loved it. I want to learn more about that moon (Pandora). Yes, it was long; 3 hours. But I wouldn't care if it was 5 hours, that place is do damn interesting.

true, I was watching it and it felt like 1 and half hour.

totally enjoyed it.

watched it for the first time on blu ray.

Visuals - off the chart

Story - 7/10

Really enjoyed the movie...especially the visual effects. It left me wondering "How did they do that?"

Found a 24 minute "behind the scenes" which also left me "say what? How did you all do that?"

• 4 weeks later...

Watched it on Blu-ray for the first time. Haven't bothered reading up on its background, and I did miss out on watching it in 3D, so yeah - super late. :p

That said, everything about it is amazing. Great story, good visuals (looked a little too CGI sometimes, but still good overall). Seriously liked the whole "stewards of the Earth" theme they put around the entire movie. Full 5 stars. Excellent music score too (Y)

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched it. Visuals were great, and I dont think the story was THAT bad like some people are saying. Yeah it wasn't original at all but it was done well enough.