Windows Live Wave 4 Milestone 2... Some screenshots and info

There's also Messenger within hotmail too that is pretty similar to Google Talk.

Google Talk's IM client and Aim Lite are how messengers should be. Simple, but posses basic features such as file transfer and perhaps voip.

Why don't apply the Windows 7 engineering rules to Windows Live? And start actually listening to feedback as well?

I wish they would just merge those 2 windows.. It is very annoying having two.. and one of them is very useless.

Yeah it is pretty stupid. No idea why they have two windows there.

Jeez, do none of you bother reading the posts you reply to?

Two separate issues: the split-pane contact list window and the fact that there is a "login" window completely separate from the contact list window.

:blink: why the main window so freakin' huge! I'm guessing the people who love social networking will love it...something I never understood the point of [social networking] (tried it once and got bored of it very quickly!).

hopefully they listen like first windows live messenger that looked like fugly grey candy machine and listened that people hated it and changed it will do same with this. Despite Microsofts efforts to engage in social media with IM we certainly don't need it and what we have now is perfectly fine. They should develop an official add-on platform for it outside of msgplus people can add the social media that way instead of placing another rich chocolate cake on top of another one and expecting us to eat it.

+1 Photoshopped.

Microsoft does have SOME kinda visual standard, and im sure that the rainbow isn't apart of it. I know they are going to ruin Messenger with the status stream (to me it looks waay to big and waaay to annoying to access) so yeah im going with Photoshopped unless there is some kind of proof.

I think this is fake or has been modified because microsoft would never get rid of the ads down the bottom unless they are gonna do it an alternate way, where it pops up in the bottom right like when a contact comes online, wow that would be so annoying

I think this is fake or has been modified because microsoft would never get rid of the ads down the bottom unless they are gonna do it an alternate way, where it pops up in the bottom right like when a contact comes online, wow that would be so annoying

Yeah, exactly. And they won't do that either, if they **** off their customers, everyone will jump ship to some Open Source client.

• 1 month later...

You guys might be right about it being fake... Because it seems the account with the picture is gone I think...

Too bad, I really liked how it looked. Combining Facebook and Twitter together. Looked real nice. Guess we will have to wait for the Beta (Which I hope is not to far away :p )