• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Windows Live Wave 4 Milestone 2... Some screenshots and info

LightShadow    39

Another thing. The Mail is unstable in this build. I know it must be fixed in M3 since the screenshots show a mail icon indicting amound of mail like in WLM 2009. But in 2010 M2 it just shows a Windows Live Mail icon at the bottom of your contact list (Where the today button is etc) and shows 99+ for me. And since I am on Vista. Right clicking the Messenger icon in my Taskbar shows I have 65528 new messages. When I don't so It is a problem. But hopefully get's fixed.

Tai    17

Another thing. The Mail is unstable in this build. I know it must be fixed in M3 since the screenshots show a mail icon indicting amound of mail like in WLM 2009. But in 2010 M2 it just shows a Windows Live Mail icon at the bottom of your contact list (Where the today button is etc) and shows 99+ for me. And since I am on Vista. Right clicking the Messenger icon in my Taskbar shows I have 65528 new messages. When I don't so It is a problem. But hopefully get's fixed.

Thanks for letting me know ... might give it a miss for now then, although I might be giving it a miss permanently until I upgrade to Win7 as it doesn't want to install on XP ...

Ambroos    801

I didn't test it properly, but in the leak closing the contact list shuts down Messenger and there is no way to set it to just hide in the taskbar when clicked on close. VERY annoying if you ask me...

simonlang    530

i love the leaked beta. runs very smooth and stable here. the new messenger features are great imho. and i can confirm that facebook integration doesnt work sadly - any idea when it will?

tablet_user    41

Deactivated Account.

I guess someone doesnt understand NDA lol

Ryan437    1

Leak has a major bug beware once you have sign into the leak no contacts can send you any files,winks or nudges. when u revert back to Wave 3 contacts still cannot send you any files. it tells them you are using a older version of msn. Seems to be related to the email address and not the version of msn you are running.

LightShadow    39

Leak has a major bug beware once you have sign into the leak no contacts can send you any files,winks or nudges. when u revert back to Wave 3 contacts still cannot send you any files. it tells them you are using a older version of msn. Seems to be related to the email address and not the version of msn you are running.

Could just be because of old installation files left behind...

Ryan437    1

Could just be because of old installation files left behind...

no i thought that at first until i went on a totally different computer that never had wave 4 installed only wave 3 and the same result

LightShadow    39

Hmm seems right. My Friend with Wave 3 can only send me smilies... :( May just be a bug. May fix after using Wave 3 again for a while or some other thing. Just may need time to revert to Wave 3 settings.

Ryan437    1

Hmm seems right. My Friend with Wave 3 can only send me smilies... :( May just be a bug. May fix after using Wave 3 again for a while or some other thing. Just may need time to revert to Wave 3 settings.

yes but funny thing is that when you go back on wave 3 its still the same :( hopefully goes back working after a while as you said

LightShadow    39

Yeah just give it a while. It may be a bug code gone wrong. If not it might fix when you sign into Wave 4 M3 (When it is out) and such. If it continues then email MS or make a new email.

Ryan437    1

Yeah just give it a while. It may be a bug code gone wrong. If not it might fix when you sign into Wave 4 M3 (When it is out) and such. If it continues then email MS or make a new email.

ok cool will monitor it

Owen W    53

No problems here at all. Did you use a bad patch perhaps?

Edit: Just to point out, Winks and Nudges are annoying as hell anyways, I would be glad to be rid of them

Ryan437    1

No problems here at all. Did you use a bad patch perhaps?

Edit: Just to point out, Winks and Nudges are annoying as hell anyways, I would be glad to be rid of them

ye winks nudge annoying but file transfer is handy its not pertaining to the client as i pointed out earlier I used a different PC all together which never had wave 4 install

Richardarkless    0

has anyone figured out how to fix this bug where I cant receive files, nudges or winks, this is really annoying me like

What is the email address for the customer support people? I tried looking on their support page but its like going through a maze lol

Calum    819

[...]

What is the email address for the customer support people? I tried looking on their support page but its like going through a maze lol

You won't be able to get support for this because you are using a version which has not been released by Microsoft. Unreleased builds, especially leaks of internal builds, are not supported.

Richardarkless    0

You won't be able to get support for this because you are using a version which has not been released by Microsoft. Unreleased builds, especially leaks of internal builds, are not supported.

yea but would they know that I was using a leaked build if I dont tell them

ok if its not possible

the live id that I use is gmail, is it possible to export the contacts then disactivate the gmail account in windows live then create a new one based on the same gmail address and then import the contacts back in is this possible and will my contacts still be added to me or does my email address get removed from their contacts list

-T-    671

I'm glad the social pane is able to be hidden. Does anyone know if you can disable tabbed chats? I personally hate that feature in any client.

Unimatrix Xero    37

well after using Wave 4 for just over a week, the annoying features for me where as follows

1) Social pane popping up when i open messenger - i want my main contact list to open first, and not the social pane

2) typing messages where really slow, it was like there was a delay in pressing a key and the letter appearing on the screen

LiquidSolstice    115

yea but would they know that I was using a leaked build if I dont tell them

Until you start bringing up features that they know for sure you can't possibly have yet.

ok if its not possible

the live id that I use is gmail, is it possible to export the contacts then disactivate the gmail account in windows live then create a new one based on the same gmail address and then import the contacts back in is this possible and will my contacts still be added to me or does my email address get removed from their contacts list

I'm astounded that you're expecting so much support for software that is not public yet.

XerXis    259

the worst is the new videochat feature, it's flash based for crying out loud.

Richardarkless    0

Until you start bringing up features that they know for sure you can't possibly have yet.

I'm astounded that you're expecting so much support for software that is not public yet.

Would I really need to say these features though all I could say is im using version 9, and when people in my contact list try to send me either a nudge, file or wink, they get an error and that it cant be done or whatever it says. So would they be able to tell if I was on this version or not

Im not expecting so much support, I just wanted to know if it was possible to disactivate an account and to be able to use the same account address again and still have me in their contact list

Calum    819

Would I really need to say these features though all I could say is im using version 9, and when people in my contact list try to send me either a nudge, file or wink, they get an error and that it cant be done or whatever it says. So would they be able to tell if I was on this version or not

Im not expecting so much support, I just wanted to know if it was possible to disactivate an account and to be able to use the same account address again and still have me in their contact list

Didn't these problems only come about when you installed the new version though? It is likely a bug in that version of the client, rather than something specifically related to your account. Perhaps it's best to try uninstalling and reinstalling the Wave 3 (2009) version of Messenger, to see if that corrects the problem?

LightShadow    39

It's your account. I just reformatted my computer and reinstalled 2009 Wave 3. And my friends can't send me nudges,emoticons or winks :( Just great. Gonna have to make a whole new email cause of this :(

JTaylor69    10

I'm glad the social pane is able to be hidden. Does anyone know if you can disable tabbed chats? I personally hate that feature in any client.

Options, more options, conversations

the option is under there.