Windows Live Wave 4 Milestone 2... Some screenshots and info

What are you doing on a tech forum if you can't

1: read the text on the graphics you are accusing of being fake

2: check the actual url of the image

Just wondering ?

I didn't accuse it of being fake. I wanted to know who compiled the data for the chart and where that data came from.

I didn't accuse it of being fake. I wanted to know who compiled the data for the chart and where that data came from.

and the source is right there on the graph...

well... at least contact list is collapsible and can switch between social and contact menu or both which is good ... windows live photo gallery, mail and movie maker now have ribbon. gallery looks like it's got services integration and things kinda like what iphoto is like I imagine. rest look good I guess.

Oh and the oversized adverts only in the social menu. contacts display has same old size one. Bring on apatch ;)

There's one thing called Windows live sync which can only sign up for/use internally (microsoft employees) since it's a 'dogfood' build or service.

O dear! Metro UI of Zune/WP7S making into Windows Live and eventually Windows 8. They just got to have a title with a HUGE font don't they?

Just a few questions for Windows Live 2010. How do you connect Facebook and Twitter to Windows Live? Also what background did Spain08 use for the Windows Live Messenger Client?

The leaked beta is good. But lacks the intergration to Facebook and Twitter etc. When you try and connect it. It redirects you to the activities page. Where I linked them. But they don't show up ;(

The leaked beta is good. But lacks the intergration to Facebook and Twitter etc. When you try and connect it. It redirects you to the activities page. Where I linked them. But they don't show up ;(

That's the same issue that happens to me. But does anyone know how to change the status without getting an error?

To be honest that looks horrible, but then again I always thought Windows Live did without A-patch.

Can we get a screenshot of the tabbed chats?

Agreed, also they need to group it together into 1 for the windows 7 taskbar.

That's the same issue that happens to me. But does anyone know how to change the status without getting an error?

No idea, But remember this is M2. But hopefully it will be fixed in another version (If it get's released and is not limited to 18 people in Europe. Or the public release. And since it may be released with Office 2010 Web apps the beta should not be long :D

But yeah, the problem mainly i'd say is because only the 18 european people who got access can use these features until we get a version that is not limited. But it's fine for now :)

EDIT: On deep looking into WLM. It seems the webcam icon is only present for the person you are talking too. And there is no option for just webcams. Now you can only do Video Call,Call or Video message :( Hopefully the improve that on future versions. As I like doing just webcam when I can't talk... (Looks like they may fix it, since the layout tab in options does not show much, unlike in 2009 version.)

But Live Mail is great! I love the grouped conversations! Easy to follow messages :)

OK i am beta testing it.. and wow is the messenger ever crap.. the other things like windows mail desktop and stuff people will like its just like office but yea oh man the messenger is a joke email me if u want the beta.. dustin.guspodaryk@live.ca

Well WLM seems awesome :) I love the new look,tabbed chats etc. Can't wait for the next build which works with social streams,has better webcam integration and stuff.

Seems we have been waiting forever for these betas, and still have to wait some more ...

I suppose I shouldn't be asking the following, as this milestone has been leaked, but how usable are live mail & live writer ?

Seems we have been waiting forever for these betas, and still have to wait some more ...

I suppose I shouldn't be asking the following, as this milestone has been leaked, but how usable are live mail & live writer ?

Live mail is very usable :) It's fast,easy to use and wonders! It may be only M2 but it great. I love tabbed chats. Like I sign up for Chromium support groups and get tons of messages. And it groups the same content together,same with facebook etc. Really nice. As for Live Writer I do not know as I have not tried it. But will give it a try soon.

does windows live wave 4 install on windows 7 only?

No it works with Vista too. But only SP2. If you try installing it on Vista SP1 you will get a error stating you need Vista Service Pack 2. I don't know about XP though. I think they may be phasing support out for XP though. As I know that Live Movie Maker does not work on XP.

___

On more inspection. Messenger proves to be good. Just the odd freeze,showing contacts offline when they are online etc. But M3 should fix that :p Also a note that you can't login to Live Photo Gallery due to the (Your account does not have the right permissions) thing. But you can still use it.

But way looking forward to Messenger M3/Beta since M2 lacks

* Social Integration working

* Just webcam feature

* Conversation backgrounds

* Editing your personal message (Message under your normal name)

* More customisation options

and more. They removed a lot from this build. Hope it gets added back. They are what I like/liked the most.

I would like to install only Live Mail and Photo Gallery and keep Wave3 Messenger, but the installer don't allow me! Anyone know where the individual installers are on disk after extraction?