[Official] Bioshock 2

I think they mixed up the end :p I choose sacrifice myself and I stopped Eleanor from putting the blade thru me. Afterwards, like the other ending, I still have no idea what the **** is going on. Just to comment, I killed and saved some little sisters.

Man, the gathers are really tough when they start throwing Houdini and Spider splicers at you. Good job my research is pretty high and their organs now act as first aid kits.

One thing I've noticed is that the game is a lot more rewarding of exploration. There seems to be more rooms/areas branching off from the main path with great rewards if you're willing to explore, but a high risk too.

I think Bioshock had more small secret areas through crawlspaces and stuff, but BioShock 2 had more large areas with hidden doodads and lootable objects.

I think Bioshock had more small secret areas through crawlspaces and stuff, but BioShock 2 had more large areas with hidden doodads and lootable objects.

There's usually a room or 2 full of goodies and a safe on each level. You usually get ambushed during the process, but that's part of the whole risk/reward policy.

Man, the gathers are really tough when they start throwing Houdini and Spider splicers at you. Good job my research is pretty high and their organs now act as first aid kits.

One thing I've noticed is that the game is a lot more rewarding of exploration. There seems to be more rooms/areas branching off from the main path with great rewards if you're willing to explore, but a high risk too.

The research camera is very stupid. I didnt use it at all. The only time I used it was when it required me to with the Brute splicer.

Houdini?

2 security bots + incenerate + machine gun standard ammo = One ****ed up dead burning Houdini splicer in a matter of moments.

The research camera is very stupid. I didnt use it at all. The only time I used it was when it required me to with the Brute splicer.

Houdini?

2 security bots + incenerate + machine gun standard ammo = One ****ed up dead burning Houdini splicer in a matter of moments.

Some of the research rewards are quite beneficial. The camera is a pain to use, but I'm going for the achievement ;)

You don't always have security bots at your disposal though, especially during some of the gathers.

The research camera is probably easier to use on the PC Version because you can just snap back to a particular weapon by pressing the specified number key. :p

You can increase your wallet size to 800 (And maybe more? Never tried) and such things too, so it's very useful.

During the gathers I break out the trap rivets/bolts and the mini turret things by doors/stairs/other entrances pretty far away.

Always works a treat. You can just hear explosions and pain going on but you can't see it as it's so far away. :D

They all generally take care of themselves. I use use anti-personell rounds for any stragglers.

how come people are getting a choice between sacrifice and save at the end? I didn't get a choice at all.

Also I finished the game around 20 hrs. How come some reviews are calling it a 7 hour game?

how come people are getting a choice between sacrifice and save at the end? I didn't get a choice at all.

Also I finished the game around 20 hrs. How come some reviews are calling it a 7 hour game?

20 hours is a really long time! I finished it in about 7 hours like the reviews say. And I'm pretty sure I looked at every nook and cranny. I got every recording, I know that much...

20 hours is a really long time! I finished it in about 7 hours like the reviews say. And I'm pretty sure I looked at every nook and cranny. I got every recording, I know that much...

Did you save every little sister and collected Adam from all of the bodies? I spent that much time saving every little sister, collecting all of the recordings, and exploring every room.

So I finished the game finally, and I have to say my first impression was completely off. This is a great game, in ways it is way better than the first one actually. Gameplay is so, so much tighter on this one. It really did start off a bit slow to me and I also did initially have that been there done that feel the first few hours, but that soon faded and allowed me to really get into it and enjoy it thoroughly. Really a fantastic game overall. I am not sure what the three options are with the ending or what I could have chosen to do different, etc. I literally read zero of anything about the game itself since it's release, and I know since I will never play it again to experience a different ending, I played the game with what felt right to me. I killed a few people, I let more live than not. Really was pretty well implemented that whole decision making process.

9 / 10

• Like 1

Did you save every little sister and collected Adam from all of the bodies? I spent that much time saving every little sister, collecting all of the recordings, and exploring every room.

sounds like you play the way I do. I always take at least twice as long to finish any game beyond the expected time. I get pretty obsessive/compulsive in the exploration of all games.

So I finished the game finally, and I have to say my first impression was completely off. This is a great game, in ways it is way better than the first one actually. Gameplay is so, so much tighter on this one. It really did start off a bit slow to me and I also did initially have that been there done that feel the first few hours, but that soon faded and allowed me to really get into it and enjoy it thoroughly. Really a fantastic game overall. I am not sure what the three options are with the ending or what I could have chosen to do different, etc. I literally read zero of anything about the game itself since it's release, and I know since I will never play it again to experience a different ending, I played the game with what felt right to me. I killed a few people, I let more live than not. Really was pretty well implemented that whole decision making process.

9 / 10

I just beat it myself, and I"m more confused then ever. The whole capitalist, free choice, free markets vs Bolshevism communal society bit became grating toward the end as it didn't seem to serve any real purpose other than to contrast itself story wise between BS 1 and 2 as well as to start this new story.

I finished the game in about 10 hours, exploring the heck out of each level. I am glad that there were no cubby holes like in BS 1, though the levels were simply to long!

Overall the game was too much like the original. Yes I completely understand that this was a new story and a different take on a different Rapture story. However the story lacked personality as the whole "family" concept (

altruistic and blood

) never took off with me. As I played the first several levels I was unsure as to why exactly I was supposed to be here, in Rapture.

After confronting "Aunt Jemimah" as my brother called her, I felt that I was going to win the hearts and minds of Rapture toward myself, one at a time.

Not so. As I played through Dyonsis, I felt as if the real story of BS 2 was about to begin, as the concept of fighting

Eleanor as a spliced up mutant

would have been a freaky and yet sobering twist.

Gameplay was much tighter, and I can give 2k credit for that. BS 2 is action oriented, where as BS 1 was more of an adventure. That and the addition of protecting the sisters as they harvest Adam really lowered my overall sense of appreciation of this title. What surprised me though was how easy overall game-play was: by the half way point, cash and Adam are easy to collect, and I ended the game with a full wallet and about 1k credit worth of Adam; you don't' have to spend it all.

With all of the criticism, there was one shining and stellar moment in all of BS 2:

playing as a Little Sister.

The entire sequence stole the show out of both games combined; Brilliant and breathtaking! It was here I hoped that BS 2 would have set its self apart, and yet it failed with the rest of the missions becoming one uninteresting chore after another.

Despite the Bioshock mythos being intact and expanded upon, the over all experience was rather disappointing to me. Despite the new story, newer graphics and game play mechanics, I hate to say it, but BS 2 is more like Halo 3: ODST; an expansion that cost the same as a full game.

Over all, 7/10.

now for (a lot more) spoilers:

A)

What the heck was that ending? I saved all the little sisters, killed none of the 'bosses" aside from Sinclair and yet I died? She stabbed me for my Adam and tossed the the needle aside. I saw that Lamb was saved as we ascended and the sisters and Eleanor were "free." I loved the ending homage with the tower where the whole series began, but honestly, what was the game about, and more, the ending?

B)

Did anyone else find the mechanism to play BS 2 weak and less poignant in having to find Eleanor lest you die? In the first game we played as if we thought we wanted to, with the little bombshell dropped in our meeting with Ryan that we were a "slave who obeys" (Would You Kindly); that was cinematically amazing! The excuse to play through Rapture this time around was unconvincing, and more of a cheap trick in retrospect.

I just beat it myself, and I"m more confused then ever. The whole capitalist, free choice, free markets vs Bolshevism communal society bit became grating toward the end as it didn't seem to serve any real purpose other than to contrast itself story wise between BS 1 and 2 as well as to start this new story.

I finished the game in about 10 hours, exploring the heck out of each level. I am glad that there were no cubby holes like in BS 1, though the levels were simply to long!

Overall the game was too much like the original. Yes I completely understand that this was a new story and a different take on a different Rapture story. However the story lacked personality as the whole "family" concept (

altruistic and blood

) never took off with me. As I played the first several levels I was unsure as to why exactly I was supposed to be here, in Rapture.

After confronting "Aunt Jemimah" as my brother called her, I felt that I was going to win the hearts and minds of Rapture toward myself, one at a time.

Not so. As I played through Dyonsis, I felt as if the real story of BS 2 was about to begin, as the concept of fighting

Eleanor as a spliced up mutant

would have been a freaky and yet sobering twist.

Gameplay was much tighter, and I can give 2k credit for that. BS 2 is action oriented, where as BS 1 was more of an adventure. That and the addition of protecting the sisters as they harvest Adam really lowered my overall sense of appreciation of this title. What surprised me though was how easy overall game-play was: by the half way point, cash and Adam are easy to collect, and I ended the game with a full wallet and about 1k credit worth of Adam; you don't' have to spend it all.

With all of the criticism, there was one shining and stellar moment in all of BS 2:

playing as a Little Sister.

The entire sequence stole the show out of both games combined; Brilliant and breathtaking! It was here I hoped that BS 2 would have set its self apart, and yet it failed with the rest of the missions becoming one uninteresting chore after another.

Despite the Bioshock mythos being intact and expanded upon, the over all experience was rather disappointing to me. Despite the new story, newer graphics and game play mechanics, I hate to say it, but BS 2 is more like Halo 3: ODST; an expansion that cost the same as a full game.

Over all, 7/10.

now for (a lot more) spoilers:

A)

What the heck was that ending? I saved all the little sisters, killed none of the 'bosses" aside from Sinclair and yet I died? She stabbed me for my Adam and tossed the the needle aside. I saw that Lamb was saved as we ascended and the sisters and Eleanor were "free." I loved the ending homage with the tower where the whole series began, but honestly, what was the game about, and more, the ending?

B)

Did anyone else find the mechanism to play BS 2 weak and less poignant in having to find Eleanor lest you die? In the first game we played as if we thought we wanted to, with the little bombshell dropped in our meeting with Ryan that we were a "slave who obeys" (Would You Kindly); that was cinematically amazing! The excuse to play through Rapture this time around was unconvincing, and more of a cheap trick in retrospect.

She didn't kill you, if you listened earlier in the story, Adam contains peoples memories, she made you a part of her.

Some of the research rewards are quite beneficial. The camera is a pain to use, but I'm going for the achievement ;)

You don't always have security bots at your disposal though, especially during some of the gathers.

Security Command 3

Someone didnt buy much gene tonics.......

Anyways:

Is there a way, thru the console, to see all 6 endings? It would just be intresting to see them :)

Security Command 3

Someone didnt buy much gene tonics.......

Anyways:

Is there a way, thru the console, to see all 6 endings? It would just be intresting to see them :)

I prefer not to be dependent on security bots, using the plasmids is way more fun.

Saw

all of them

on YouTube (would have perfered subtitles so anyone that has a method

to see all 6, please say so

).

So this means Bioshock 3 will be thru the eyes of a Big Sister, to be exact Eleanor

Sounds great :)

I prefer not to be dependent on security bots, using the plasmids is way more fun.

Um yeah..........I perfer efective; killing every piece of **** that moves and is evil rather than "fun" in a FPS.

I rescued every little sister and did all the adam harvesting too, and I was actually really surprised that I saved them all when I got the achievement. I thought i'd only just begun. :p

Finally got to play for a decent amount of time tonight. I started tonight playing from when the train enters that first new area until about that apartment area where you are going to talk to that African American lady. Just a few comments so far: those first Big Daddies really bring the pain (before you get the camera), Drill Rush is amazing, cyclone trap seems very abusable, I love the new camera system, and I'm a dummy. Before I started the area after I get off the train, I couldn't realize why I never had any money considering everybody in this topic talking about how bountiful it was. I just realized upon coming to the new area that each time during the hacking sequence, I was inadvertently pressing X when it go to a blue/green area! Doh!!! On that note, the new hacking system is so much better!

Kind of a wall of text above, but I think I'm just really excited because tonight was a ton of fun .